Anonymous

Default Re: Article: Tokyo - Zepp Tokyo (Apr. 24, 2012) post-show

0 Not allowed!

In my own Strangeways
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Setlist as written (via Facebook/Stephen Tait)

How Soon Is Now?
    Irish Blood, English Heart
    You Have Killed Me
    Alma Matters
    Black Cloud
    One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
    I Know It's Over
    I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
    Scandinavia
    Meat Is Murder
    To Give Is The Reason I Live
    You're The One For Me, Fatty
    Let Me Kiss You
    Ouija
    I Will See You In Far-Off Places
    Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
    Please Let Me Get What I Want
    When Last I Spoke To Carol

enc. Still Ill

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 35

Just back from the 2nd Tokyo show at the Zepp in Odaiba. Great show!
    Moz is in fine form. His voice is "as clear as an azure sky of deepest summer." Very nice shirts, light pink, black, light blue -- none of which I caught -- and dark blue jeans. The band in jeans and red "Assad is shit" shirts. Boz glammed up in his blue sequin number, completely poker-faced -- almost menacingly calm -- from beginning to end. Japan flag on the drum and Moz wore the hinomaru as a skirt for the encore. Speaking of drums, Matt had a large bass drum to his left that lights up when pounded on. He did some almost taiko-eseque work on it, plus the gong.

Set list above is correct. I was lucky enough to catch the one that Solomon balled up and pitched into the audience at the end!
    I made a point of not reading about the previous Japan shows (which I couldn't attend) so I was pleasantly surprised by the new song. Very heartfelt, soaring number. Will listen again on (iPhone) recording.

The encore was easily the most raucous part of the concert. In general the Smiths stuff is worshipped here (even more than other countries) so it could get a bit quiet during solo songs, but stuff like Irish Blood, Alma Matters and You're the One got big reactions.

Have to say that Jesse has markedly improved his live guitar work. Really like what he's done with Ouija Board (which some would argue should've been binned way back, but I love it). Strong on Still Ill and Fatty as well.

Will go through my recording later for some choice quotes but I'll never, ever forget Morrissey looking out into the audience in comic desperation and saying "Tasukete, tasukete!"

Will definitely hit additional Ebisu date and hopefully one outside of Tokyo. Maybe Nagoya, since Morrissey is so obsessed with that word.

Viva Mozfather!

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by King Leer View Post
    Moz is in fine form. His voice is "as clear as an azure sky of deepest summer." Very nice shirts, light pink, black, light blue -- none of which I caught -- and dark blue jeans. The band in jeans and red "Assad is shit" shirts. Boz glammed up in his blue sequin number, completely poker-faced -- almost menacingly calm -- from beginning to end. Japan flag on the drum and Moz wore the hinomaru as a skirt for the encore. Speaking of drums, Matt had a large bass drum to his left that lights up when pounded on. He did some almost taiko-eseque work on it, plus the gong.

Set list above is correct. I was lucky enough to catch the one that Solomon balled up and pitched into the audience at the end!
    I made a point of not reading about the previous Japan shows (which I couldn't attend) so I was pleasantly surprised by the new song. Very heartfelt, soaring number. Will listen again on (iPhone) recording.

The encore was easily the most raucous part of the concert. In general the Smiths stuff is worshipped here (even more than other countries) so it could get a bit quiet during solo songs, but stuff like Irish Blood, Alma Matters and You're the One got big reactions.

Have to say that Jesse has markedly improved his live guitar work. Really like what he's done with Ouija Board (which some would argue should've been binned way back, but I love it). Strong on Still Ill and Fatty as well.

Will go through my recording later for some choice quotes but I'll never, ever forget Morrissey looking out into the audience in comic desperation and saying "Tasukete, tasukete!"

Will definitely hit additional Ebisu date and hopefully one outside of Tokyo. Maybe Nagoya, since Morrissey is so obsessed with that word.

Viva Mozfather!

glad you enjjoyed it. you have waited long enough! have fun at the other shows
    so what does Tasukete mean?
    the song"to give" is a coverversion- do you mean this with the new song?
    hopefuly someone recorded that one properly,audio or video
    oh wait, you mentioned recording it? is it possible to upload? thanks.

0 Not allowed!
    Morrissey asked my cousin where he was from. He answered Compton, which to Morrissey replied"Oh, so you're straight outta Compton aye?"[QUOTE from Ready With Ready-Wit;830350]
    Ich weiss nicht, zu wem ich gehöre-ich glaub ich gehör`nur mir ganz allein"(I dont know to whom I belong to,I think I only belong to myself)Friedrich Holländer-1932-
    Lifeguard, save me from life,cause it's the only life I'll ever have. Moz
    "Mein Kopf ist ein Labyrinth,mein Leben ist ein Minenfeld"
    E.N.

Anonymous

Troll post

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Uncleskinny; April 24, 2012 at 02:29 PM.

Thumbs Up

Oh, one Morrissey stage comment I will relate now before crashing: "Next month celebrates, or, doesn't celebrate, 30 years of my singing voice. And in all that time, my favourite band is now, and they are [introductions]"

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by King Leer; April 24, 2012 at 02:09 PM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

It's great that he's changing the setlist every night, I love that.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Thanks. I have waited a decade, indeed!

Okay, I stand corrected. I had NO idea Moz was doing Franki Valli covers! I should've brought me mum along!

"Tasukete!" means "Help me!" (somewhat feminine form)

Quote Originally Posted by sistasheila View Post
    glad you enjjoyed it. you have waited long enough! have fun at the other shows
    so what does Tasukete mean?
    the song"to give" is a coverversion- do you mean this with the new song?
    hopefuly someone recorded that one properly,audio or video
    oh wait, you mentioned recording it? is it possible to upload? thanks.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 42

While I don't think Jesse stands out as a song-writer I have always thought he was excellent live.

To stand 2 feet away from him and watch him play the intro to Death of a Disco Dancer was very cool.

I know I'm in the minority of Moz fans that like Jesse but I liked him from the first time he played Shoplifters and nailed the solo back on the Quarry tour after Alain left and Little Barrie had his short stint as lead guitarist.

0 Not allowed!
    "Cried over my supper, it revived. Got off the table... started to fly."

Thumbs Up

the original version of To Give (the reason I live)

0 Not allowed!

My secret's my enzyme. CrystalGeezer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 396
    Given: 213

Viva Mozfather!
    Thanks for the review! Hey any chance if you catch another gig you could get a recording of I Give on your phone? If you have a fancy phone, that is. You seem like a fancy phone type of guy.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    Maybe Geezer can give us advice seeing as she is an upstanding citizen in her community, trusted confidant to her friends, is extremely intelligent and properly educated, & just generally has her shit together in ways we could never hope to?

Be work of art or wear 1 goinghome's Avatar
    Thumbs Up

Viva Mozfather!
    Great, thanks Sweet!

Attached Images Attached Images

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Japan flag on the drum...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanes...#Mass_killings

Just sayin'