MozBus - Manchester (July 28)

The MozBus will be running once again in Manchester on the day of Morrissey's gig at the Manchester Arena.

The trip will be taken for the first time on an open top bus and will commence at noon - 3pm, taking in the following sites:

The Holy Name Church, Southern Cemetery, The Iron Bridge, 384 Kings Road, Salford Lads Club (including access inside the club), Strangeways Prison and Parkers Hotel (across the road from the Arena)

Your host is Craig Gill, (drummer with The Inspiral Carpets) and operator of Manchester Music Tours.

The bus is strictly limited to 70 places and tickets are £20 each. Advance bookings taken now - please paypal
[email protected]

In the event of poor weather, the style of bus may change.
Another trip may be added if there is the extra demand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig's tour is amazing!!! Smiths/Moz fans, this should be at the top of your bucket list.
-Brian, Moz Angeles

sorry Phil, but 20 BP, you can also buy yer book from that money, I'd buy the London one if had to choose

cheers, no offence Phil

hope city will beat united

Starts: 3 pm.. And end when?

It takes 3 - 4 hours http://www.manchestermusictours.com/the-smiths.htm

£20 isn't bad for a tour that sees the sites of Manc and takes in the Salford Lads Club as well. If you were to do it yourself using public transport it would take days - not only to do it, but you'd have to plan it on top - and not be that much cheaper.

And you get to meet the drummer from the Inspiral Carpets :thumb:

Dave

ps - I'm rooting for Manchester tonight :)

sorry Phil, but 20 BP, you can also buy yer book from that money, I'd buy the London one if had to choose

cheers, no offence Phil

hope city will beat united

No offence taken. I'm not running the tour and won't even be at the gig!

And yes, City did beat united :thumbs:

Dave2006 is right though, I did the tour once on public transport (as my car had broke down!) took around 6-7 hours, including a fair bit of walking (Kings Road up and down!), and cost around £8-9 using bus / tram - and that was with me knowing which bus to get and where to get off etc. Never again! lol
This trip is costing a little more than usual as the bus only takes 50 people (not 70 as advertised) and also as it's an open top bus, it costs more than a usual bus / coach.

Wonder if City will be hiring it in 2 weeks time......

Up The Blues

JJ

where does it start then??

From a convenient, central spot in the city centre. Sorry if this sounds evasive, just that last time loads more turned up than had tickets and it was a bit of a mad scramble getting those with tickets on and I had some bloke screaming at me ''I've come all the way from Israel, can't you get me on?''. I said ''look, there's barely enough room for me on the bus, never mind anyone else and if I take you then that couple will demand to be taken on''....

If you have bought a ticket you will have been given the instructions as where to meet. It has sold out and doesn't look like there will be a second bus as numbers haven't come through.

JJ

Extra MozBus seats available

Due to demand, a bigger MozBus will be taking fans around on the tour before the gig at the Manchester Evening News Arena.
The bus is still an open top style but will now hold 78 people (was originally 50)

There are now a limited amount of places available on a first come, first served basis.
Tickets are £20 each and bookings are being taken now - please paypal
[email protected]

The MozBus will start at a location in the city centre at noon and drop off at the last stop - the Parkers Hotel - which is opposite the MEN Arena at around 3pm.

In between all of that, the tour will be taking in the following sites:
The Holy Name Church, Southern Cemetery, The Iron Bridge, 384 Kings Road, Salford Lads Club (including access inside the club), Strangeways Prison and Parkers Hotel (across the road from the Arena)

Unfortunately, Craig Gill is unable to host the trip, due to his band - The Inspiral Carpets - performing in a festival in the south of England the same day, however, an experienced guide is substituting for the trip!

www.manchestermusictours.com

In the event of poor weather, the style of bus may change.

Thanks
Jukebox Jury

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom