Where does Andy Rourke live?

Perhaps if people behaved like adults on here they may gain some respect. This thread is a prime example of the juvenile mentality which gives the whole website a bad name, and a reputation for which it has earned. Sniggering taunts in the minority are fine, but when they dominate threads it becomes embarrassing, and the reason people avoid interaction on this site.
Swamped by anonymous idiots isn't clever or funny for the thousands who view, never log in, and leave. The statistics on this site show that
I agree. The posts by Scarlet Ibis and her friend Ms Valerie Gina are incredibly immature. Andy Rourke himself is immature, so it doesn't surprise me that his friends are also immature.

This thread is absolutely dripping with idiocy, and I haven't even finished he first page!

.....but did he finally cut the ugly mullet? He looks much sharper without it. Good move if he did.

Morrissey is kind to animals, he is into animal rights and he is a vegetarian. Andy Rourke eats meat and fish. I couldn't see Andy Rourke ever becoming a vegetarian. While I'm sure Andy Rourke is nice to his pet cats, he is quite happy to eat pigs, lambs or cows.
I would say Morrissey is more vulnerable than Andy Rourke, as Morrissey is a sensitive artist. But people the people who are truly vulnerable in a society are children, the elderly, the disabled, people with mental health problems, people with learning difficulties, the sick, the homeless, even people in prisons. Not a trendy celebrity like Andy Rourke who lives a very privileged life, he has a nice home, a girlfriend, good physical health, many friends, pets, has travelled to many places as a DJ and in bands and he has a nice supportive family.
Think of all the lonely people out there who don't have partners, pets, children, family, friends. Think of all the people who are unemployed, people who live on the streets, people in war zones, people who don't have enough food to eat that sort of thing. Also while Andy Rourke might smoke, drink and take drugs when he goes out partying and he may have depression. Think of all the normal, everyday people out there who struggle with addictions and depression far worse than Andy Rourke. Andy Rourke hasn't lived in the real world since he was about 17 years old and while he maybe down to earth, he doesn't understand how normal people live. Most rock stars have pretty big egos.
I believe what Scott Free says about Andy Rourke on his blog is true. Scott Free is not a fan of Andy Rourke at all, he was just being friendly to him. Andy Rourke and his friend were rude and nasty to Scott Free. Morrissey himself said everything he has heard about Andy Rourke is unpleasant. There is no way Morrissey would ever work with Andy Rourke again. People shouldn't except Andy Rourke being rude to them just because he is a celebrity.

Jesus Christ! Just shut the f*** up already.

I don't care who you are if you're too much of a coward to shit talk without complete anonymity and a delusional, psychotic degree of Morrissey fanaticism (which is about the worst, most pathetic/personally embarrassing thing in the world to have/be associated with, I should mention).

Sincerely, the raytownian, not a chickenshit, anonymous douche. I'm just too lazy to log in........ Not drunk either. Dumbf***s just irritate the hell out of me. Seriously, is this a joke? It's to stupid to be real (or sane anyway). I'm seriously asking, is this just some elaborate, Kaufmanesque attempt at humor?

Kudos if it is... if not: "f***ing idiot." is about the only response any of this deserves. I've already poured way too much emotion into your laughable anonymous coward posts that probably aren't even serious. What the f*** am I thinking?

I've met him several times, even had dinner with him and his lovely girlfriend Fran in their apartment. LOVELY cats, too :)

They most certainly do not live in Brooklyn anymore, but he is in NY.

He immediately was friendly to me, as was she.

-Ms. V.G.
I still don't understand how on earth Andy Rourke got a work visa?
Andy Rourke is not a good DJ and he knows he isn't, he has had very little formal education (he has no qualifications), and by his own admission he wasn't planning to return to the UK when his visa expired in 3 years. So did he lie on his visa application? Andy Rourke moved to New York City in the USA back in 2009, and it's now 2012. Maybe he is planning on marrying his girlfriend Francesca 'Fran' Mor?
Plus there are excellent DJ's and bass players in the United States who can do his job, so he should have been denied.

Andy Rourke was arrested and charged for illegal drug use & buying heroin for his own consumption, back in the 1980s. If Andy Rourke has had a 'criminal record' it might be void by now and shouldn't stop him from living in the states I don't think?

Andy Rourke is not a good DJ and he knows he isn't, he has had very little formal education (he has no qualifications), and by his own admission he wasn't planning to return to the UK when his visa expired in 3 years. So did he lie on his visa application? Andy Rourke moved to New York City in the USA back in 2009, and it's now 2012. Maybe he is planning on marrying his girlfriend Francesca 'Fran' Mor?
Plus there are excellent DJ's and bass players in the United States who can do his job, so he should have been denied.

Andy Rourke was arrested and charged for illegal drug use & buying heroin for his own consumption, back in the 1980s. If Andy Rourke has had a 'criminal record' it might be void by now and shouldn't stop him from living in the states I don't think?

My eyes are totally going wonky.

I've seen people messing around all time here... and make annoying comments just to have fun.

I met Andy once and he was so nice!

Also Andy Rourke was declared bankrupt by the courts, back in 1999. Which is another reason why his work visa should of been denied.
I believe Andy Rourke may of been declared bankrupt more than once.

I've seen people messing around all time here... and make annoying comments just to have fun.

I met Andy once and he was so nice!
This is much more serious than you think. Maybe some people are on here to make annoying coments and to have fun. But I'm not.

Why do you, James Cagney, Amy, Ms Valerie Gina and Scarlet Ibis defend Andy Rourke? I guess you must all be friends with Andy Rourke.

What happened to Andy Rourke's corporate career at 'The Musebox'?

"The MuseBox is proud to announce that former Smiths member Andy Rourke will join the New York City and Toronto-based music marketing firm as its Director of A&R. Harnessing his near 30 years of experience in songwriting, live performance and production Rourke will identify and work with unsigned and up-and-coming bands, guiding them through all of the key career building processes. It’s a relationship that will offer full artist development for the musicians as The Musebox will develop the band’s fan bases through press and online exposure, lifestyle marketing, tour marketing, sync licensing and eventually music industry marketing."

This was back in 2009. I wonder why Andy no longer works for 'The Musebox'?

This is the interview Andy Rourke did with Abbey this year. Where he seems to be drunk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx0fzc8L5v0

It's strange that Morrissey, Johnny Marr and Mike Joyce all have homes in the Bowdon area.
Does the singer Rowetta also live in the Bowdon area? I remember her saying in an interview she lived near Johnny Marr.

Rowetta is going by the name 'Rowetta Manchester' these days, because she loves Manchester so much! Rowetta has also gone by the names 'Rowetta Satchell' and 'Rowetta Idah'. She is called 'Ro' for short. Her father is 'George Idah' (he is dead now). Rowetta is divorced from 'Noel Satchell'.

Rowetta is 46 years old, she is the backing singer in the Happy Mondays, she was in 'The X Factor' in the UK and she is a 'reality tv' celebrity. Rowetta is a wild, feisty woman with a big, strong, powerful singing voice. Rowetta is a self-confessed alcoholic and she is sexually promiscuous. I think Rowetta has given up smoking these days. Rowetta has two children, loves her dogs and her car. Rowetta comes across as very confident, loud, a bit pushy and a bit immature. Rowetta is good friends with Andy Rourke, she loves Andy Rourke loads. Rowetta isn't as fan of 'The Smiths' though, as she doesn't like Morrissey.

This is much more serious than you think. Maybe some people are on here to make annoying coments and to have fun. But I'm not.

Why do you, James Cagney, Amy, Ms Valerie Gina and Scarlet Ibis defend Andy Rourke? I guess you must all be friends with Andy Rourke.

Yeah, you've made that allegation so often, it's getting boring. I think it's time we ask instead why YOU and the others insist on attacking him. Those people have met 'Andy Rourke' and formed their own opinions for themselves based on first hand knowledge. Have you met him? What's YOUR ulterior motive here? You seem like a relentlessly negative and unpleasant person to be around. What if anything did you do to make 'Andy Rourke' dislike you? Some light stalking, perhaps? A lawsuit?

And why does everyone here, including that blogger, keep talking about 'Andy Rourke's managers and people he happens to be standing next to, as if that has any relevance whatsoever on what sort of person 'Andy Rourke' is? Did 'Andy Rourke' step on your toes accidentally? Or maybe the person standing next to him did?

Half of you claims the opinions of Andy's defenders here are invalid because they're just friends and not fans. The other half claim their opinions are invalid because they're just fans and not friends. Well? Which one is it? And the people who claim Andy's defenders can't really know him well enough to judge him, simultaneously believe they know Andy's defenders well enough to judge THEM. It sounds like you're all just making up bullshit.

Go ahead, reply with your pointless animated gifs, your signs and symbols linking The Smiths to ancient Greek plays, your high fives and self-congratulations, ultimately all entirely wrong and proving nothing but your ignorance of the Smiths.

Personally, I loved the bass guitar on Nowhere Fast and The Headmaster Ritual.

Yeah, you've made that allegation so often, it's getting boring. I think it's time we ask instead why YOU and the others insist on attacking him. Those people have met 'Andy Rourke' and formed their own opinions for themselves based on first hand knowledge. Have you met him? What's YOUR ulterior motive here? You seem like a relentlessly negative and unpleasant person to be around. What if anything did you do to make 'Andy Rourke' dislike you? Some light stalking, perhaps? A lawsuit?

And why does everyone here, including that blogger, keep talking about 'Andy Rourke's managers and people he happens to be standing next to, as if that has any relevance whatsoever on what sort of person 'Andy Rourke' is? Did 'Andy Rourke' step on your toes accidentally? Or maybe the person standing next to him did?

Half of you claims the opinions of Andy's defenders here are invalid because they're just friends and not fans. The other half claim their opinions are invalid because they're just fans and not friends. Well? Which one is it? And the people who claim Andy's defenders can't really know him well enough to judge him, simultaneously believe they know Andy's defenders well enough to judge THEM. It sounds like you're all just making up bullshit.

Go ahead, reply with your pointless animated gifs, your signs and symbols linking The Smiths to ancient Greek plays, your high fives and self-congratulations, ultimately all entirely wrong and proving nothing but your ignorance of the Smiths.
I'm not a fan of Andy Rourke in any shape or form. I'm a fan of Morrissey, only Morrissey, not The Smiths, just Morrissey! I don't like how Andy Rourke treated Morrissey he was mean to him. I agree with the blogger Scott Free it's more Andy Rourke's ex-manager and some of the people hangs out with than Andy Rourke himself that are the problem. I have no ulterior motive. Andy Rourke was obviously nice to 'Scarlet Ibis' and the others, or they would of said if he had been rude to them. Scarlet has met Morrissey a couple of times as well. Of course Andy Rourke is nice to certain types. Scarlet Ibis is a friend of a friend. You see that is how Andy Rourke gets to know people if a friend of his approves of them or introduces them to him, that way he thinks he can trust them.

My views are based on fashion, trends, posers and hipsters. It's like being back at school. To be excepted into Andy Rourke's gang you have to dress and act a certain way and be very into indie rock music. You have to be the right cool, hip, trendy type and act a bit like a trendy modern day teenager. If you aren't like that then it's "Bye Bye Sonny Boy" or "Goodbye Mr. Chips" and you are left rejected and very hurt. I'm glad I got that off my chest! It was probably the same with Elvis Presley and his crowd back in the day.

I agree that 'Bowdon' is a nice village in Greater Manchester. I happen to like Cheshire.

Andy Rourke's scene reminds me of Elvis Presley and his "Memphis Mafia" (but of course on a much smaller scale). With Andy Rourke's various 'Yes' men and 'Gofers'. I'm definitely NOT part of Andy Rourke's scene in New York.

I want to make it clear I'm NOT a fan of Andy Rourke in any shape or form. The Canadian blogger Scott Free is also NOT a fan of Andy Rourke, The Smiths or Morrissey. I'm a fan of Morrissey alone! But I do like Johnny Marr and even Mike Joyce! I have respect for them as people and as musicians.

This thread is NOT about Andy Rourke as a musician in 'The Smiths'. At best Andy Rourke is just an average indie rock bass player, he is not a terrible bass player but he is not brilliant either and he only seems to play indie rock. As for Andy Rourke's DJ career, Rourke is a lousy DJ and he knows he is, it's just easy money for him, he puts no effort in. This thread is about where Andy Rourke is currently living in NYC and for me it's about his character, what he is like as a person.

Andy Rourke's ex-manager 'Nova Rehman' is an incredibly nasty, cruel man and he is very hard and very frightening. For all I know 'Nova Rehman' maybe a real life gangster, he certainly looks and acts like a gangster. Nova Rehman calls himself a 'businessman' a very dodgy, ruthless businessman and he is dishonest. Nova is into power and control over people, he is very arrogant, macho, intimidating and patronising.

Andy Rourke can be sweet and kind people. I don't like swearing or violence though on any level, also I don't like rude people, patronising people or stuck-up people. There is no need to be like that in normal, civilized society!

So now it's "Bye, Bye, Blackbird" over and out!

This thread is absolutely dripping with idiocy, and I haven't even finished he first page!

.....but did he finally cut the ugly mullet? He looks much sharper without it. Good move if he did.
Andy Rourke attempted to have the same hairstyle as Liam Gallagher. I can't stand 'Oasis' or Liam Gallagher. Andy Rourke seems stuck in the 1990s.
Andy Rourke also looks a bit like John Lennon (in his New York years), also Bill Wyman (as he looks today) and 'Mani'.
Andy Rourke is into the whole Paul Weller, 'Mod' scene (Andy Rourke's a 'third generation Mod', so is Johnny Marr, Mani and Oasis). Sometimes Andy Rourke reminds me of Neil Young.
When Andy Rourke was young he was into the band 'Japan', David Bowie and Neil Young so he copied their looks. Andy Rourke said he was a bit of a hippie back then.
In Andy Rourke's 'Smiths' days he reminded me of a member of 'The Proclaimers' with his sticky-up hair, but his attitude was totally 'Shaun Ryder'.

Andy Rourke also reminds people of Mike Read (who ever he is).

That vegan stripper definitely looks like Andy Rourke's kind of woman. Even though he eats meat.

Don't think it's Johnny Marr's type of girl or scene? That whole scene is way too tacky for Johnny who is a top bloke and he is happily married to Angie Marr.
Did he dump Heather because she didn't look like a vegan stripper?

Did he dump Heather because she didn't look like a vegan stripper?
LOL that made me laugh! Apparently it was Heather Street who dumped Andy Rourke. Andy Rourke and Heather Street split up in 2009. They first met each other in a club in Manchester back in 2001. Clint Boon introduced Heather to Andy Rourke.
Allegedly Andy Rourke had an affair with another woman, which isn't that surprising. Heather left Andy as he hurt her too much. Andy Rourke now goes out with Francesca 'Fran' Mor who is a lovely person.
Heather Street was just a small young girl, 20 years younger than Andy Rourke. Heather was only 17 years old when she first met Andy, she is half his age. Andy was in fact old enough to be her father. Heather reminds me of Paris Hilton, rather than Portland's vegan stripper.
Andy Rourke's new girlfriend Fran is a wonderful, classy, intelligent career woman. She is older than Heather. I hope Andy & Fran get married and have children.
The Andy/Heather, Rourke/Street era is over folks! It's been over since 2009!

I think it's sad that the singer Rowetta doesn't much like Morrissey or The Smiths but she thinks Morrissey's lyrics are ok. Sadly Rowetta was really rude to me when I met her in Manchester once. :(

But Rowetta can sing good though. :)

I love Rowetta's version of Etta James' "At Last". I bought Rowetta's debut album because it had a good mix of songs on it. I voted for Ro when she was on 'The X Factor' back in 2004. I liked "G4" who were a four-piece British vocal troupe, who first came to prominence when they finished second in ITV's talent show 'The X Factor' back in 2004. I love soul music, jazz and female singers. Rowetta reminds me a bit of Diana Ross in a way because she has similar hair.

I thought Rowetta was good in the tour of "The Songs Of Sister Act".

Rowetta is a good, close friend of Andy Rourke.

I don't like the 'Happy Mondays' as people much though, their music is ok, but their scene is way too edgy, nasty and hard for me. Andy Rourke was part of that bad Happy Mondays party scene back in Manchester. I don't like punk rock music at all. But I know Rowetta likes punk rock music. I think Rowetta sees herself as a bit of a 'punk rock' chick.

Rowetta says she wants to be known as a good singer, a good mother, a good cook and known for looking great for her age. And at 46 I think she still looks pretty good and Ro wears quite trendy, stylish clothes. :)

This is the first video I could find of Rowetta going off to 'Passages' in Malibu (which is a rehab centre for alcohol and drug addiction). I think this was back in 2009:

In this video Rowetta checks into 'Passages' in Malibu:

In this video Rowetta reveals her tragic, painful past. Rowetta had an unstable childhood (Rowetta came from a broken home). In this video Rowetta reveals that her ex-husband Noel 'Des' Satchell beat her and abused her when she was still just a teenager:

In this video Rowetta has 'Hypnotherapy', which worries me a lot! I'm a born-again Christian and I believe that hypnosis is NOT a force for good! And that it is NOT compatible with 'Evangelical Christianity'. I think 'Hypnotherapy' and 'Mind Control' are wrong:

I think this song "Rosetta" sort of fits Rowetta and her life. GEORGIE FAME & ALAN PRICE - "Rosetta" (1971):

In this video Rowetta and the glamour model Alicia Douvall work on their relationships with their daughters who are called 'Georgina' and 'Georgia', in this segment of the U.K. reality show, "Rehab." Rowetta talks about life after 'Passages' and we see Rowetta's relationship with her beautiful daughter Georgina:

These 5 videos have helped me to understand Rowetta a bit better. I pray Rowetta will become a Christian and know the love God and Jesus have for her!

Surprisingly Rowetta is a 'Joy Division' fan. Rowetta also likes the punk rock band 'Crass'. This is a video of Rowetta singing a Joy Division song with her good friend Peter Hook ('Hooky') who has also had his own battle with drug and alcohol addiction. The group is called 'Peter Hook and The Light' (featuring Rowetta) and the song is called "Atmosphere":

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom