Tin Tin – Kiss Me (Dub Version) (UK 12″)

The Seeker of Good Songs

Stephen Anthony James Duffy (born 30 May 1960, Alum Rock, Birmingham, England) is an English singer/songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist. He was a founding member and vocalist/bassist of Duran Duran. He went on to record as a solo performer under several different names, and is the singer and songwriter for The Lilac Time with his older brother Nick. He has also co-written with Robbie Williams and Steven Page.
In 1982, he created the band Tin Tin, with John Mulligan and Dik Davis (both then of Fashion), Andy “Stoker” Growcott (of Dexys Midnight Runners) and Bob Lamb (original producer of Birmingham band UB40). The band was signed with WEA Records in the UK, and released the song, “Kiss Me”.
The song was allegedly written within 24 hours after the band had signed a record deal with WEA Records. The single peaked at number 155 on the UK singles chart and was in 1983 released on Sire Records in the U.S., where it made the Billboard dance chart. The lead singer and guitarist in Tin Tin, Stephen Duffy, later re-recorded the song twice and released it as a solo single using the name of Stephen TinTin Duffy. The first re-recording was released as a single only in the West Midlands region in 1984. Another version was recorded in late 1984 and released as a single on 25 February 1985. This version made its debut at number 22 in the UK singles chart and peaked at number 4, selling more than 250,000 copies within three weeks and thus being certified silver.
The chorus is based on a passage from the book Song of Songs. “Kiss Me” was the last song to be played on BBC Radio 1s MW frequency in 1994, before the station became FM only.
“Kiss Me” was later recorded by UK pop singer Robbie Williams for his Rudebox album.
SIDE A:
Kiss Me (Dub Version) 5:30
SIDE B:
Love’s Duet (Dub Version) 6:07
VINYL GRADE:
Vinyl: Near Mint
Sleeve: Near Mint
CHARTS:
YearSingleChartPosition
1983Kiss MeU.S. Billboard Hot Dance/Club Play#13

RELEASE INFORMATION:
Label: WEA Records Ltd. – TIN 1 (T)