Suedehead (Mael Mix): Single release details

The text says:
Home
Suedehead (Mael Mix): Single release details
11 April 2012

This month, EMI release a limited edition Record Store Day 10-inch picture disc and a digital download of "Suedehead (Mael Mix)": Morrissey's 1988 debut solo single as remixed by Ron and Russell Mael.

"Suedehead (Mael Mix)" is backed with two previously unreleased BBC live tracks: "We'll Let You Know" and "Now My Heart Is Full", recorded at London's Theatre Royal, Drury Lane in February 1995.

The 10-inch picture disc is released on April 21, and the digital download is available on April 23.

»

For those who hate having to open so many windows on the old browser. Slows things down, whatwhat.

Suedehead (Mael Mix): Single release details - true-to-you.net
11 April 2012

This month, EMI release a limited edition Record Store Day 10-inch picture disc and a digital download of "Suedehead (Mael Mix)": Morrissey's 1988 debut solo single as remixed by Ron and Russell Mael.

"Suedehead (Mael Mix)" is backed with two previously unreleased BBC live tracks: "We'll Let You Know" and "Now My Heart Is Full", recorded at London's Theatre Royal, Drury Lane in February 1995.

The 10-inch picture disc is released on April 21, and the digital download is available on April 23.

Stefan Krix also posted (original post) a link to the EMI Germany Record Store page with an image of the 10":

5099955933315_m.jpg

UPDATE - Apr 13, 7:10AM PT:

An anonymous person sends the link to Kevin Cummins post on Twitter:

Kevin Cummins @KCMANC

MOZ EXCLUSIVE: Here are both sides of the @RecordStoreDay limited edition of Suedehead remix with my photos from Japan

cummins_rsd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Just had a listen on Amazon.de, it sounds awful :(
Oh well, happy that two of my favourite songs are on the b-side.

Is it a coincidence that this is being released on the same week as the 100th anniversary of something else that sank very quickly without a trace.....

Having just listened to the clips of the tracks on Amazon does anyone else think that Morrissey sounds like he has a heavy cold on the live tracks? Also that version of suedehead sounds painful

""Suedehead (Mael Mix)" is backed with two previously unreleased BBC live tracks: "We'll Let You Know" and "Now My Heart Is Full", recorded at London's Theatre Royal, Drury Lane in February 1995."
Does Morrissey have every live show recorded and sitting on the shelf?

It will also be available in full length as a .mp3 download on amazon.de (Germany) from 27th April 2012 onwards: http://www.amazon.de/Suedehead-Mael-Mix/dp/B007T8N3H8/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1334222232&sr=8-16

It does also include a slightly different image (other sticker, stb intended for the .mp3 version only). You can also listen to all three songs, and yes - the mael Mix seems to be just an edit of the 2005 Sparks Mix from Future Retro

This Mael Mix sample does sound similar/same as the Sparks remix from 2010 (http://www.amazon.com/Suedehead-Sparks-Mix/dp/B00123EGWW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334254573&sr=8-1);the Sparks remix is twice as long.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
""Suedehead (Mael Mix)" is backed with two previously unreleased BBC live tracks: "We'll Let You Know" and "Now My Heart Is Full", recorded at London's Theatre Royal, Drury Lane in February 1995."

The Drury Lane show was recorded by the BBC and broadcasted shortly after the show. I did have it on a tape somewhere or other. Might have a search later on actually...

Is it a coincidence that this is being released on the same week as the 100th anniversary of something else that sank very quickly without a trace.....

This is the Post of the Year, IMHO. And no, I'm not the same Anonymous.

I thought it was quite good, I like the way they chop the vocals up. Morrissey is next to impossible to remix.

The answer will be no, I suspect, however in this case the ''Boy Racer'' single (Nov 1995) also had 4 songs released from this very same Drury Lane concert - ''London'', ''Billy Bud'', ''Spring Heeled Jim'' and ''Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?''.

So it's a case of using up material from the few concerts that were professionally recorded.

The idea of releasing a 10" vinyl single I think is very amusing in this day and age, it's not about selling singles, it's just Morrisseyesque, quirky. A twist.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom