Do you believe that the MEN show will be Morrissey's only UK date of the year?

Do you believe that the MEN show will be Morrissey's only UK appearance in 2012?

• Total voters

Maurice E

It's been announced as such but then again so were the first dates in Scotland last year.
I hope it is, for the sake of Morrissey's integrity, but I hope it isn't coz I'd like to see him at a London (or at least non-arena) show.
Does it really matter whether it turns out to be true or not?
My only advice to fans would be not to panic-buy a super-inflated ticket off an Ebay tout (as the prices they'll seek in the first few days will be hugely distorted).

Last edited:
I don't know if it is the only one or not. However, I think there may be a lot of fan anger if it turns out not to be, seeing as the poster, TTY and the Facebook page have all said it is the only date. I mean they wouldn't want us to panic buy to fill out the MEN, would they?

P.

if the man gig sells quickly then i'm sure they will add more dates... there is a big gap between the turkey and england date so i could see a dublin or london date being added.

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

It's been announced as such but then again so were the first dates in Scotland last year.
I hope it is, for the sake of Morrissey's integrity, but I hope it isn't coz I'd like to see him at a London (or at least non-arena) show.
Does it really matter whether it turns out to be true or not?
My only advice to fans would be not to panic-buy a super-inflated ticket off an Ebay tout (as the prices they'll seek in the first few days will be hugely distorted).

I don't know if it is the only one or not. However, I think there may be a lot of fan anger if it turns out not to be, seeing as the poster, TTY and the Facebook page have all said it is the only date. I mean they wouldn't want us to panic buy to fill out the MEN, would they?

P.

Even if he does, I don't think it calls into question his integrity, and I don't think he could give two f***s about "fan anger" (which is only ppl posting on here anyway, doesn't actually have any impact on ticket sales). I'm going to Manchester and I'll go if he plays in London too - the more times the better in my book. We know how he operates, he's been pulling this bullshit for years and we still all fall for it - willingly lol. Morrissey directly told everyone on this website to go f*** themselves - and we are still all here, throwing our money at him. Who's the idiot in this situation?

Also, re his new songs: tune-wise a couple of them are a bit duff, but generally I think they're all ace - his lyrics are the best they've ever been IMO. What's not to like? I don't understand ppl on here sometimes. I'm just glad he's still around, that c*** has been keeping me entertained since I was 13! He's the best pop star ever created, let him do what the f*** he wants.

Even if he does, I don't think it calls into question his integrity, and I don't think he could give two f***s about "fan anger" (which is only ppl posting on here anyway, doesn't actually have any impact on ticket sales). I'm going to Manchester and I'll go if he plays in London too - the more times the better in my book. We know how he operates, he's been pulling this bullshit for years and we still all fall for it - willingly lol. Morrissey directly told everyone on this website to go f*** themselves - and we are still all here, throwing our money at him. Who's the idiot in this situation?

Speak for yourself. The only idiots here are people like you: the ones that fully understand that he's taking the piss out of you while you continue to throw your money at him. He lost any remaining integrity years ago (and his new songs are shit).

Even if he does, I don't think it calls into question his integrity, and I don't think he could give two f***s about "fan anger" (which is only ppl posting on here anyway, doesn't actually have any impact on ticket sales).

As I said, I have no idea if it is or is not the only show, but if it is not, we have been lied to. If that's the kind of integrity you like, good luck to you.

P.

Personally, I would think there are more things worthy of one's anger than whether or not Morrissey told a slight porky, as it were, in a pop concert announcement. He did precisely the same thing with last year's UK dates and I don't recall anyone getting that bothered about it; Moz/'the promoters' justified it with the old 'Due to overwhelming public demand...' schtick. He's been consistently pulling these wee pedaladas for twenty years, since Wembley Arena in the summer of '91. If you aint used to it by now then you jolly well should be. It's all just part of the game. It's got buckley's to do with 'integrity'.

Also, re his new songs: tune-wise a couple of them are a bit duff, but generally I think they're all ace - his lyrics are the best they've ever been IMO. What's not to like? I don't understand ppl on here sometimes. I'm just glad he's still around, that c*** has been keeping me entertained since I was 13! He's the best pop star ever created, let him do what the f*** he wants.

Dear Mozzer's Left Eyebrow,

I'm so glad that I've found someone that kisses Morrissey's arse more than I do. Everything he does is brilliant. We are just his minions. The musicians he works with impair him. I will willingly eat up, regurgitate and then eat up again any "this-is-the-only-date-in-the-UK-my-Viva-Hate-reissue-is-completely-definitely-worth-buying" bullshit that he throws at me.

Let's meet up in Manchester and have sex whilst both wearing Morrissey masks.

Love,
Gracie Fields

I hope it isn't, just because I haven't seen Morrissey live before and would really like it if he came somewhere closer to home. Still, I shall be definitely getting a ticket for this concert as soon as I can!

TTY - new dates confirmed:

02 June - London, Putney Leisure Centre
05 June - DFS in New Malden

Would you believe it, Morrissey has deceived his fans again.
Any Scottish people conned into buying tickets for the Manchester date, the only UK date of 2012?

Back
Top Bottom