Between Cole and Cahuenga

• Thread starter Deleted member 6305
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6305

Does anyone know which part (or cross street) of Cole and Cahuenga Morrissey is referring to in I'm Playing Easy to Get? I know these streets run parallel.

Does anyone know which part (or cross street) of Cole and Cahuenga Morrissey is referring to in I'm Playing Easy to Get? I know these streets run parallel.

This was in a post from 2004 -

"cole and cahuenga are main streets in los angeles. fairly close to where he lives. i personally believe it's a reference to jobriath boone. jobriath used to hustle on the streets of selma avenue in los angeles just to be able to buy some booze. i think moz is talking about a stretch of street on selma between cole and cahuenga. may he's paid a visit to that historic place seeking something. i wonder where exactly did jobriath live and whore?"

This was in a post from 2004 -

"cole and cahuenga are main streets in los angeles. fairly close to where he lives. i personally believe it's a reference to jobriath boone. jobriath used to hustle on the streets of selma avenue in los angeles just to be able to buy some booze. i think moz is talking about a stretch of street on selma between cole and cahuenga. may he's paid a visit to that historic place seeking something. i wonder where exactly did jobriath live and whore?"

Thanks for this. Makes sense.

In a related note, it seems Morrissey has a weird fascination with this part of Los Angeles. While driving home from Hollywood, I noticed that off one street, I came across Hollywood High School, Cole and Cahuenga (I'm Playing Easy to Get), and the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
shiek.jpg
m117.jpg

Attachments

• shiek.jpg
    shiek.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom