"Viva Hate" reissue misses UK Top 100

Unfortunate, but not surprised. I was hoping for how it was to be packaged originally. That would have been a cool item to purchase. But he likes to butcher things.

I wonder if Morrissey will blame the low charting on the record label's "lack of promotion", and maybe even the harsh but fair words by Stephen Street?

I wonder if Morrissey will blame the low charting on the record label's "lack of promotion", and maybe even the harsh but fair words by Stephen Street?

Right! And it certainly NEVER has anything to do with Morrissey himself. How the release was to originally be delivered would have been a great item to own.

He should have put an alternate "butcher" front sleeve a la Beatles.

This release could have been brilliant. But it wasn't.

There is no one to blame but his Mozjesty himself.

He gets what he deserves.

Don't usually comment, but just wanted to say that this is completely unsurprising. I pretty much buy all of morrissey's releases, but why would I buy something that butchers maudlin street, probably my favourite song. I'll just listen to my decades old version which sounds fine to me :)

i have always bought moz and smiths since day one. but its time call it a day .. sick of reissue after reissue its got to stop for f&ck sake if he was dead fare enough... im not buying any more sorry moz

I know it's over, still I cling, I don't know where else I can go...
Morrissey is aging, fading, for good.

Serves you bloody right Mozzer! That'll teach you to remove one of my favorite songs and replace it with demo garbage and a crappy font.

Don't usually comment, but just wanted to say that this is completely unsurprising. I pretty much buy all of morrissey's releases, but why would I buy something that butchers maudlin street, probably my favourite song. I'll just listen to my decades old version which sounds fine to me :)

Here here! It sounds fine to me also. Was I wrong back in 'Nineteen Eighty Hate' to fall in love with an inferior sounding record? No, of course not :)

he is aging, but that is unavoidable, and nothing wrong with that. he certainly looks better than ever! but fading, yes... and a string of very bad decisions both commerically and artistically (like the butchering of this reissue) dont help. but he could conceivably bounce back. though it might be unlikely, because he doesnt listen to critics, and instead sees everything he does as infallible. i remember seeing an interview where he said people who criticism him do it because of jealousy. which seems complete paranoia. like because he sees himself and everything he does as perfect, any critics must be motivated by jealousy as opposed to rational observation. a shame, because self evaluation, and listening to others, taking in what's worthwhile, discarding what isnt, is really the only way to improve yourself or your work.

I own the original, why would I buy it again for one medicore demo. If the album had been bundld with several extra tracks then I would I have probably have bought it and I guess the same goes for many fans. So, the album would only appeal to new people who don't won the original. Not enought did.

I've bought all the re-issues, but felt the same as most of you on this one - he shouldn't have messed with perfection by putting in the demo and shortening Late Night. I would have been excited to have had the straight album remastered by Mr. Street.

NOT a surprise... Chopped up songs, missing songs, added so-so song that was never even a B-side, crap font, UG. Gee I wonder why. I see no reason to buy it (or even steal it, ha!). One of the best albums of all time and he f***ed with it. C'MON MOZ!! I'm rooting for you baby, but you gotta step up.

I'm happy to hear that fans have mostly rejected this pathetic release. Had he gone along with the original plan (a 3-disc set including b-sides, demos, unreleased songs and Wolverhampton), it would have easily cracked the top 30. But no... Morrissey went with stubborn revisionism and butchered his own piece of history. I hope that Morrissey will realize the true reason for this poor performance, which is not giving fans what they want. Instead, he'll likely blame EMI for poor promotion and marketing. Promotion wasn't the problem here Morrissey. Fans definitely know of it's existence; we just choose not to support it.

most of you don't get it. the songs and albums and everything he does is for him and there is nothing or no one that will ever change Morrisseys mind. we buy them cause we love them because we relate to him in whatever form his songs say it all we are all aging fading but we still will buy whatever he puts out because we must we are fans nothing more nothing less

As a long time Morrissey / Smiths fan, I have bought everything Moz has released. I have his entire back catalog, both albums and singles, on CD and Vinyl. I own videotapes, DVD's and even a lone cassette singles of November. LOL.

I stopped buying stuff after Swords. The EMI "best off collection" was an abomination. A low point. Little did I know that the worst was yet to come.

The Viva Hate remastered release is a travesty. The tampering with Maudlin Street and the omission of the Ordinary Boys are major errors of judgement. I would have bought it in it's original form. Now? No thank you.

Morrissey has succeeded in alienating long time fans like me. Quite an achievement.

This re-release will be the biggest fiasco of his carreer. And rightly so.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom