Manchester Date Added, Manchester Arena, Saturday 28 July - TTY Update

Me too, I need two standing if anyone can help out?

I failed, I can't put up with balcony tickets so didn't bother, need help standing ticket please any spares?

For the first time since the "Kill Uncle" tour I won't be able to make a Morrissey show. At £51 I have been priced out of attending. I know that the die-hards will be there and I salute them for their indefatigability. Sadly though it seems to me that Morrissey is completely out of touch with the lives of the very people he once documented so beautifully...the poor and the needy. Britain has just entered its first double-dip recession since the bleak, grey days of the 1970's. Unemployment is climbing month on month and youth unemployment is at its highest rate for decades. Public sector workers are facing cuts/freezes to pay, private sector workers face uncertainty over their employment...under these conditions charging £51 for a concert ticket seems, to me at least, excessive. I'm really disappointed, the last show at this venue in 2004 was ace but when you factor in travel from the South, accommodation and food this concert would exceed two hundred squids. Hopefully the usual glut of smaller UK dates will follow but in my heart I think that this may well be his last ever tour (although I've thought that since 1991!).

Don't mean to screech (of course I'm riddled with envy reading all these posts), but the cost of my Morrissey concert ticket in 2002 was $AUD65. Currency appreciation and inflation makes it all a bit confusing but, taking that into account (I think), your Morrissey tickets (admittedly at a supposedly undesirable venue) haven't really risen that much at all in real cost over the last ten years.

As ever, feel free to ignore this ... . I suspect I'm trying to persuade myself that Morrissey had no good right not to travel down here...

Just got home from work, feel lucky to get Blk214. Wanted standing, but hey, I'm there. Can't wait, seen him in Middlesbrough last year. Good as ever. . , well almost :lbf: Roll on July.Would be grateful if anyone had spare standing.

Must say, Im astonished at how fast the tickets have sold - there's only a few seats left on TM. Do we think high demand or high toutage?

Must say, Im astonished at how fast the tickets have sold - there's only a few seats left on TM. Do we think high demand or high toutage?

The fact that it was billed as his only UK concert has pushed up demand, I think if he announces extra dates in the UK there will be a few people pi**ed off...

Dave

Like a second Sunday at the Arena "due to overwhelming public demand"? Personally, I'm amazed that he's sold out this show this quickly, if that is actually the case. I still think the best tickets will pop up soon via TicketBastard's various rackets, Official Platinum Tickets, etc, etc. It's just tarted up touting. And it stinks. 'Market forces' my sweet arse...

Like a second Sunday at the Arena "due to overwhelming public demand"? Personally, I'm amazed that he's sold out this show this quickly, if that is actually the case. I still think the best tickets will pop up soon via TicketBastard's various rackets, Official Platinum Tickets, etc, etc. It's just tarted up touting. And it stinks. 'Market forces' my sweet arse...
Its not sold out yet!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom