Manchester Date Added, Manchester Arena, Saturday 28 July - TTY Update

Theres something funny about the sales of tickets for this gig. I get the feeling it is being managed in some way, perhaps to generate interest/hype. There's only 36 entries on ebay for standing tickets which is pretty low. Even in Manchester Moz is not the draw he was last time at the MEN - that was the main event. As others have mentioned its clearly not a clean sale of tickets to fans. I smell fish

So Morrissey is no longer a draw because there are fewer resales on eBay? What strange logic.

Promoters give allocations to premium resale agencies such as Seatwave, Viagogo and GetMeIn (owned by Ticketmaster) and then split the profits. According to the Channel 4 'Dispatches' documentary, touts also increasingly sell via Seatwave as the margins are greater. The fact that there are fewer resales on eBay has nothing whatsoever to do with Morrissey being or not being a draw, it simply proves that premium resale agencies are used more than eBay by touts/promoters, and since there are fewer "ordinary people" listing tickets on eBay, perhaps more people simply want to USE their tickets rather than reselling for a small profit?

anon, i dont doubt what you are saying, but having having followed moz since the smiths and bought tix to all his tours, I promise you there is something specifically unusual about the ticket sale. I am intrigued by it. There is no doubt that large numbers of tix that could have been sold direct have not been, for one reason or another and there is no doubt that the men is anywhere near sold out at this moment. Morrisseys PR is useless and with no promotion, no album, and the anecdotal reports from many friends, who always go to his gigs, there is something strange about it all. Thats all i can say at this point. In some ways its a big gamble on Moz's part and anything other than SOLD OUT will be a issue for him. On paper it almost seems that way ie nearly SOLD OUT, but all the usual lines of enquiry say the ineterest is not there in the way it was a few years back. Thats all i Know. We will be there, would not miss it, but seriously there is massive ticket manipulation going on for some reason. Lets wait and see.

Morrisseys PR is useless and with no promotion, no album, and the anecdotal reports from many friends, who always go to his gigs, there is something strange about it all. Thats all i can say at this point. In some ways its a big gamble on Moz's part and anything other than SOLD OUT will be a issue for him.

He was all over the newspapers recently when it was discussed if he is "still a national treasure". The very fact that he is even considered to be a national treasure plus the size of the venue will be enough for most people to think that he is and make them buy a ticket. And do not forget the billboard. I am sure there was enough other advertisement as mentioned by another clown who regularly uses this website. Not in the NME but in other music magazines. That Morrissey's PR is useless is a lie. He even has Japanese stations plastered with his image.

I am not saying that the venue is in fact sold out, because I know slightly more about ticket pricing than you do, which I however won't share here.

If you want to buy a ticket - just head on over to Seatwave, Viagogo or Let Me In. There's hundreds available.

If the ticket market continues to evolve like this then I can see a time when all tickets will be sold this way. The price you pay will be dictated by supply and demand.

That's pretty much what's happening now anyway.

Just because Ticketmaster & See Tickets show a seating allocation that appears sold out, it's nothing of the sort. They're just forcing you to go over to the secondary sites to pay the market rate, dictated by supply & demand.

Moz tickets are expensive right now, but you can buy tickets for New Order at Brixton for £20 (plus charges). So it kind of swings both ways.

He is just a Highwayman these days!!!
I hope he does'nt forget to tell the Manchester Arena that the Falklands belong to Argentina and that British soldiers died for nothing!!!Also don't forget to wear the "We hate William and Kate" T-Shirts lads!!!!!
Get off the stage you horrible little man...............................................

Ok Anon, I think we will have to disafree on some points, but I think we are agreed that there a lot of tickets still floating around.

Thinking about the tour in 09 it was relatively easy to get tickets for most of the limited gigs and the Liverpool Echo at the end of the tour which holds 11000 was two thirds full if that (for the five minute duration!). The MEN holds about 21000 and I'm wondering what has happened between then and now to generate the seemingly resurgent interest of his prime?

Ok Anon, I think we will have to disafree on some points, but I think we are agreed that there a lot of tickets still floating around.

Thinking about the tour in 09 it was relatively easy to get tickets for most of the limited gigs and the Liverpool Echo at the end of the tour which holds 11000 was two thirds full if that (for the five minute duration!). The MEN holds about 21000 and I'm wondering what has happened between then and now to generate the seemingly resurgent interest of his prime?

21,000 would be for a boxing match set up, with all the seats available and most of the floor. The gig will not be that capacity, but more likely about 16,000. The current ticketing demand is due to a false market with tickets never making the agents sales, but diverted to secondary corporate touting.

No, by design and by enforcement they keep the two sections apart. Those with standing tickets and those on seats are kept totally separate even before entering the building. By different doors, bars, toilets etc ... never the twain shall meet. I've been to gigs here with friends with seats when I've stood. Apart from nodding at each other once inside, we didn't get a chance to speak until the pub later on. I have seen people go over the barrier and drop to the floor, but they have a way of dealing with these people at the arena. They end up trainspotting for the rest of the night in Victoria Station.

Ah well, thanks for the info. The big venue down here isn't kept so separated as that.

I managed to get a seat in block 114 on Ticketline. Then, around 2 hours later when it had calmed down, I looked on Ticketmaster a couple of times. By then the 'choose your own seat' map was active and on one visit I saw 7 lower tier seats appear in block 102 nearest the stage.

It seems that seats were added as the day went on as later in the evening other blocks were available which had previously been full.

This makes sense, the stage at the MEN moves to increase/decrease capacity. to ensure the place doesn't look empty and lack atmosphere if a concert doesn't sell well. It makes sense that the certain blocks should go on sale later when the sale of tickets proves itself. This is why people have reported standing tickets appearing on sale after previously being sold out.

I've got tickets for myself and 4 friends for this. It'll be my first (and from the comments on this thread, last) Morrissey gig. I honestly cannot wait though. Having a Father who brought me up with Morrissey is amazing, and being a younger fan (21) I've been waiting forever to see him.

It's going to be amazing, and I've got standing tickets! I'm determine to get to the front, no matter how long I have to wait.

Anyone knows when will ticketmaster despatch the tickets? I want to hold them in my hands, I will not feel calm until then. Thank you for all replies in advance. :)

Anyone knows when will ticketmaster despatch the tickets? I want to hold them in my hands, I will not feel calm until then. Thank you for all replies in advance. :)

Mine arrived on Friday from Ticketmaster

Dave

ive got an email from ticketmaster saying mine will arrive (@ Greece) on monday!

ive got an email from ticketmaster saying mine will arrive (@ Greece) on monday!

Thank you. :)
I am also living overseas for now, I haven't received an email from them yet, but hopefully soon. :)
On their page they wrote that they might only post tickets 5 days before an event overseas and it frightened me.
Thank you so much for your responses! I am not so nervous any more. (Only a little. :))

they send me a code..so i can check where it is via ups! (its in germany now :D)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom