Manchester Date Added, Manchester Arena, Saturday 28 July - TTY Update

at every moz concert-at least in the UK- there are enough morrissey fans selling their tixs on face value on here,AYNIM,Facebook or even at the arena or sites like
[B]http://www.payfacevalue.co.uk/[/B] ..nearer the date
if you insist buying from a tout cause you cant wait til the date comes nearer dont buy too early, meaning this month,when the touts see that nobody buys at their expensive prices, they go lower

This is a nice idea but life isn't like this apparently click on music to find no tickets available for any one anywhere.

Like a second Sunday at the Arena "due to overwhelming public demand"? Personally, I'm amazed that he's sold out this show this quickly, if that is actually the case. I still think the best tickets will pop up soon via TicketBastard's various rackets, Official Platinum Tickets, etc, etc. It's just tarted up touting. And it stinks. 'Market forces' my sweet arse...

Did you see the Dispatches documentary about the ticketing scam of the official ticket agencies and the secondary "fan" sales to sales websites a couple of months ago? Its one great big con and something needs to be done about it

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/episode-guide/series-108/episode-1

Fans queuing for hours to buy tickets get turned away empty handed while tickets for the same 'sold out' events appear online shortly afterwards, sometimes at astronomical prices.

Channel 4 News correspondent Morland Sanders investigates the multi-million-pound world of online ticket reselling where fans desperate not to miss out on in-demand concerts, festivals and sporting events often buy their tickets.

Leading 'fan-to-fan' ticket exchange websites say they allow 'real fans' to sell on tickets they can no longer use.

Dispatches sent reporters undercover inside two major 'fan-to-fan' ticket exchange websites to investigate who is selling via their websites and why so many tickets appear at over the face value so soon after the box office sells out.

Join in the discussion on Twitter using #TicketScandal.

Think its still on 4od

I would encourage anyone that has missed out, to contact your local MP and complain bitterly about this "Legalised Ticket Touting" Scam.
They claim to be genuine fans selling tickets, what genuine fan sells a ticket five minutes after they go on general sale.
It is organised crime in my opinion, what is the point in having a face value on the ticket.
Ticketmaster supply you a link, buy tickets from Getmein, a ticket costing £45 suddenly increases to £105, but it is OK, it is genuine fans selling tickets they no longer need.......
Rant over, I know you may feel it is a waste of time involving the politicians, but unless we start filling the inbox with e-mails about this scam, nothing will improve.

Did anyone get a ticket in the two blocks nearest to the stage, I never seem to get anywhere but at the back.

It's kinda funny to hear people bitching about the price of the tickets. Because illegal file-sharing is pretty much ubiquitous now, there's little money to be made from CD sales and legal downloads anymore (relative to previous profit-margins). The spiraling price of gig tickets is largely a consequence of that. It's a situation created by the fans, themselves. You can't have it both ways.

This is a nice idea but life isn't like this apparently click on music to find no tickets available for any one anywhere.

well. then try this one
http://scarletmist.com/
site who had some tickets for the dates on the sold our 2011 tour of moz.
with a little bit of patience it may be appearing there for Manchester.its not there yet.

next to Fb ..a very active morrissey fanbase posts on tumbnlr..I scrolled down the morrissey tag
and found this guy selling on face value (if they are still there) but im sure more people will pop
up in the future there as well
http://gay-for-morrissey.tumblr.com/post/21907639838/anyone-need-morrissey-tickets

this mct link was quite good -i used it in 2009 for the 2nd manc date,
the made a box office collection for me .
even though i did pay the bus i didnt need to use-so i payed more than face value
at least i was not giving it to the touts

Last edited:
I would encourage anyone that has missed out, to contact your local MP and complain bitterly about this "Legalised Ticket Touting" Scam.
They claim to be genuine fans selling tickets, what genuine fan sells a ticket five minutes after they go on general sale.
It is organised crime in my opinion, what is the point in having a face value on the ticket.
Ticketmaster supply you a link, buy tickets from Getmein, a ticket costing £45 suddenly increases to £105, but it is OK, it is genuine fans selling tickets they no longer need.......
Rant over, I know you may feel it is a waste of time involving the politicians, but unless we start filling the inbox with e-mails about this scam, nothing will improve.

I tried to buy seats yesterday at 9am from Ticketmaster, See, etc. F5 F5 from 8:55am. As soon as the tickets went live, all you could get, on all the sites, were seats at the back of the arena. I tried to get 4 in block 114, which is a middle block, but it told me that there was not enough availability. Sound familiar? So my options were Block 113 or the blocks right at the back, or the upper tier.

I remembered those secondary sites, checked out Viagogo & Let Me In, and that's where all the tickets were on sale for the closest blocks, 115 & 102. They advertise prices at £78 or so, but then they add their own booking fee on top, plus VAT, plus courier charges, and it ends up being £95 for a ticket.

I've joined the forum to see what anybody else thinks about this situation, and I couldn't believe it when I found this thread:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/121863-Seatwave-moz-tix

So tickets in the closest blocks were actually on sale before Friday (April 23rd) at an already hiked up price.

Is this illegal?

I watched the Dispatches programme, and yesterday I wrote to both Sharon Hodgson MP and my local MP to complain about these secondary ticket agencies.

I understand that ticket sales are the only way musicians make their money these days because of file sharing. That's why tickets cost so much these days. That's fair enough.

I also accept that there will be a secondary ticket market, where touts will sell tickets for more than face value - that's always been the case.

What I object to, is that genuine fans are being denied the chance of buying tickets close to the stage. They are being sold to Viagogo & Let Me In directly from the promoters, before they go on sale to the general public!

So if you want to go to the gig and sit in the best seats, you have no option but to pay at least twice face value.

It's corrupt.

Last edited:
It's kinda funny to hear people bitching about the price of the tickets. Because illegal file-sharing is pretty much ubiquitous now, there's little money to be made from CD sales and legal downloads anymore (relative to previous profit-margins). The spiraling price of gig tickets is largely a consequence of that. It's a situation created by the fans, themselves. You can't have it both ways.

George Michael's living from hand to mouth is he?
It's pure greed.
Records don't sell anymore cos most of them are pish - fact!

George Michael's living from hand to mouth is he?
It's pure greed.
Records don't sell anymore cos most of them are pish - fact!

No, neither George Michael nor Morrissey are living in poverty and, yes, both of them could afford to sell their gig tickets an awful lot cheaper; arguably, they should. I was trying to explain, rather than excuse, the high cost of concerts. What I said, is that ticket prices have been inflated in order to compensate for the lack CD / legal download sales. People like Morrissey and George Michael now use concerts as a way of maintaining a high profit margin.

Theres something funny about the sales of tickets for this gig. I get the feeling it is being managed in some way, perhaps to generate interest/hype. There's only 36 entries on ebay for standing tickets which is pretty low. Even in Manchester Moz is not the draw he was last time at the MEN - that was the main event. As others have mentioned its clearly not a clean sale of tickets to fans. I smell fish

Theres something funny about the sales of tickets for this gig. I get the feeling it is being managed in some way, perhaps to generate interest/hype. There's only 36 entries on ebay for standing tickets which is pretty low. Even in Manchester Moz is not the draw he was last time at the MEN - that was the main event. As others have mentioned its clearly not a clean sale of tickets to fans. I smell fish

Your spot on people need to wake up and smell the fish its way off sold out

Managed to get a couple of seating tickets. Ideally wanted standing - some venues you can get onto the floor regardless of what ticket you have, not sure about the bigger venues though, does anyone know if MEN is like this?

Managed to get a couple of seating tickets. Ideally wanted standing - some venues you can get onto the floor regardless of what ticket you have, not sure about the bigger venues though, does anyone know if MEN is like this?

No, by design and by enforcement they keep the two sections apart. Those with standing tickets and those on seats are kept totally separate even before entering the building. By different doors, bars, toilets etc ... never the twain shall meet. I've been to gigs here with friends with seats when I've stood. Apart from nodding at each other once inside, we didn't get a chance to speak until the pub later on. I have seen people go over the barrier and drop to the floor, but they have a way of dealing with these people at the arena. They end up trainspotting for the rest of the night in Victoria Station.

I tried to buy seats yesterday at 9am from Ticketmaster, See, etc. F5 F5 from 8:55am. As soon as the tickets went live, all you could get, on all the sites, were seats at the back of the arena. I tried to get 4 in block 114, which is a middle block, but it told me that there was not enough availability. Sound familiar? So my options were Block 113 or the blocks right at the back, or the upper tier.

I remembered those secondary sites, checked out Viagogo & Let Me In, and that's where all the tickets were on sale for the closest blocks, 115 & 102. They advertise prices at £78 or so, but then they add their own booking fee on top, plus VAT, plus courier charges, and it ends up being £95 for a ticket.

I've joined the forum to see what anybody else thinks about this situation, and I couldn't believe it when I found this thread:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/121863-Seatwave-moz-tix

So tickets in the closest blocks were actually on sale before Friday (April 23rd) at an already hiked up price.

Is this illegal?

I watched the Dispatches programme, and yesterday I wrote to both Sharon Hodgson MP and my local MP to complain about these secondary ticket agencies.

I understand that ticket sales are the only way musicians make their money these days because of file sharing. That's why tickets cost so much these days. That's fair enough.

I also accept that there will be a secondary ticket market, where touts will sell tickets for more than face value - that's always been the case.

What I object to, is that genuine fans are being denied the chance of buying tickets close to the stage. They are being sold to Viagogo & Let Me In directly from the promoters, before they go on sale to the general public!

So if you want to go to the gig and sit in the best seats, you have no option but to pay at least twice face value.

It's corrupt.

i am giving this gig a miss .. hate big arenas , the dispatches revelations were a disgrace .. folders full of debit cards in the offices to buy even more tickets on top of what the official ticket sites reserve for their sister sites ! you can get tickets for italy (grado) for 40 euros and a flight for 100 quid plus hotel at say 50 - for a gig at what looks like a tiny outdoor venue in the middle of summer on the adriatic coast - may be a bit more cash but will be better than being beside a b.o infested beefhead miles away from the stage !! now only if i can justify the cost to myself !!

hi there,

just wondering if you guys could help me. My friend and i were supposed to be going to this gig together. unfortunately ticketmaster messed up and wouldnt accept her name so i've now ended up with a ticket and no one to go with. Although i could go on my own it just wouldnt be the same for me, so does anyone know how to exchange 'ticketless tickets'? i cant just sell it because the person would need my debit card, and there seems to be no 'ticketexchange system' for this particular gig. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hi there,

just wondering if you guys could help me. My friend and i were supposed to be going to this gig together. unfortunately ticketmaster messed up and wouldnt accept her name so i've now ended up with a ticket and no one to go with. Although i could go on my own it just wouldnt be the same for me, so does anyone know how to exchange 'ticketless tickets'? i cant just sell it because the person would need my debit card, and there seems to be no 'ticketexchange system' for this particular gig. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have just one ticket? I'm not sure whether Ticketmaster shows the sell/exchange option straight away, or whether it takes a few days to appear. Don't panic though, there's always a solution to these things, and the concert is a full three months away, so you can relax for now

I managed to get a seat in block 114 on Ticketline. Then, around 2 hours later when it had calmed down, I looked on Ticketmaster a couple of times. By then the 'choose your own seat' map was active and on one visit I saw 7 lower tier seats appear in block 102 nearest the stage.

It seems that seats were added as the day went on as later in the evening other blocks were available which had previously been full.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom