Morten Harket on Morrissey

UPDATE Apr. 6, 11:45PM PT:

Article is online, link from Uncleskinny:

Morten Harket: - Morrissey hadde store ereksjonsutfordringer i mitt nærvær - vg.no

Morten is asked about fandom, and is also asked what he thinks about other musicians who’re inspired by his voice and a-ha.

Other famous artists are also known fans (of a-ha), Morrissey from the influential band The Smiths introduced himself as “Morten” at the Quart festival in 2004 (Kristiansand, Norway), after he’d entered the stage singing his own version of “The Sun Always shines on TV”?

"I’ve met him, he almost had an erection around me! We met up in New Orleans some time in the eighties."

Did you speak with the whole band, or just him?

"It’s him I remember. He thought it was a bit difficult I think, the whole thing. He said something… I thought he was decidedly on the gay side."

He’s never confirmed that he is?

"Well, then I don’t know. Then you can only speculate."

From an article to be published in the Norwegian newspaper VG (Verdens Gang)

Last edited by a moderator:
For anybody who might want to hear Moz' version of "The Sun Always Shines on TV".. :D

They were mediocre at best.

Gotta agree 110% with you Billy. After the sunshine tune and take on me, what ever thats supposed to mean... the Bla-Bla, "band", from where is it and whose the now fat, washed up ham, that decides to spout off about wanting to fantacize about some 26 year old tripe? Probably a latent homo-sexual thats very frustrated and has only its past to occupy it now. Fire away bla-bla boobs......

Morten meets Morrissey.

Fantastic anecdote, will Morrissey's account be in his upcoming auto-hagiography? Utterly predictable and hysterical overreaction to Morten's musings by Moz's myrmidons.

It's funny to think of a relaxed, confident Moz shamelessly and trollopisciously discomforting Morten by lasiviously giving him 'the eye'. I imagine if Morrissey was temescent it was because he had just dragged himself away from the mirror. Or maybe he was aroused by the extraordinary physicality of Morten's spoken voice, if it's anything like his miraculous singing.

Once again the gormless aim a pistol to their heads, proving they cannot handle complexity and ambiguity, although Morten respectfully does:

"Well, then I don’t know. Then you can only speculate."

"he said something...." erm, Morten, what did he say?

@Amy 'Moz said in one of the South Bank Show interviews that he'd been to see A-ha in '86, and thought the musicians and the whole show were overshadowed by screaming teenage girls.'

Oh dear. One can imagine the cerebral poise of Morrissey 'not getting it' at an A-ha gig. Equally, the mind's eye can see him 'not getting it' at an Elvis or Beatles gig? Why are these girls screaming at these 'unintelligent' lyrics?
Julie Burchill was right: the teenage girls just get the ecstatic exuberance of 'pop' whilst the teenage boys just want to cerebrally rock and 'think about the lyrics' .

Morrissey has spent his whole life trying to escape to Dionysian raptures. Morten just has to sing and it happens. Sometimes it happens when Morrissey sings. That's why he'll never stop singing until he croaks. Which is good or bad, depending on your point of view.....

It's sad that no duet ever came of this meeting. Morrissey could usefully make his next album less boring than the last by inviting Morten to a rematch, 'on mike'. I think they'd make great 'vocal sex' together. I'm pretty sure that's what Morrissey had in mind. It would be wonderful if he could actually follow through on these intuitions, fly his freak flag, step outside his comfort zone and tell his anal fanbase to drop dead.

regards
BrummieBoy

'

Screaming girls at the bla-bla show, are the same as gangs of homo-sexual mexican males at the mozzy shows now-a-days..There are also a vast number of fat, 2 foot tall, bearded mexican, "women", there, because they come from a heroless culture and ape the very thing they all hate. Think it over. The atmosphere at very past Morrissey shows, was one of decency, kindness towards others andd just being kick-back to enjoy and appreciate the show. Now, Morrissey shows are replete with frisky hands on wanna be security control-freaks. Just touch trashbags, just you try it. Your trash has to leave the arena and when you do, its payback time. A tire tool across its head, provides a wake up call. Hands off! Then chico and maria dressing up like Elvis Presley? Like me dressing up with a poncho, selling chicklettes and screaming about everything. Excuse me, but old Morrissey IS flying his freak flag and thats what draws these freaks to his shows. No longer a good time, but a 45 minute bout with contentios, truculent slime, that start trouble, then cry like a 2 years old when corrected. Right chico? You dont mind if we call you chico? Fire away freaks...Fire away.

'drunk adultering unemployed brother': That's a very Morrissey type of scenario. He could update 'driving your boyfriend home' or whatever it was called. 'driving your drunk adultering unemployed brother home'. He's always been very good with radio friendly titles, has Morrissey. It would be a good opening scene for an episode of 'Shameless' with Noel Gallagher's High-Flying Birds droning on remorselessly in the background.

I don't blame Morrissey for wearing a 'F*** Morrissey-solo" shirt, but I think if he was a genuine genius (like me) he would have created a t-shirt saying 'Morrissey F***s-Solo' celebrating the autosexuality he appears to have flaunted in front of a confused and scared Morten. Sadly, Moz ain't half as clever as he thinks he is. I still love him, but he needs to up his game or retire.

I wonder who the ghost-writer of his autobiography is?

Singyourlife: I'm glad you have deleted your account. *rolls eyes*. Hopefully you will set a trend and 99% of people on this site will follow your example and despatch themselves to oblivion. Leaving these pages free for the graceful cognoscenti of the 1%, such as myself.

Hello this is Collin McAvoy, Kate 2828’s personal secretary and I told her you were online and she said to most certainly tell you hello. She doesn't come to this place anymore cause she thinks it’s a disgrace and causes her problems.
She also says it’s a dangerous place and causes her problems and you should e-mail her when you've a chance.
Kate also says she hopes you are well and in good spirits.

Regards,

Collin

Okay, so now we know Moz was crushing on Morten Harket and Pete Burns in the 80's. Who else?

.... the sun never shines on .... :thumb:

For anybody who might want to hear Moz' version of "The Sun Always Shines on TV".. :D

Oh, I love it! I wish he did a proper cover of the song, I loved the original too, back in the 80s.

I don't see why it would be bad if Morrissey had a crush on Morten Harket. (Everybody had a crush on Morten Harket, myself included.) MH was absolutely gorgeous, and the A-ha were a great pop-band.

Hello this is Collin McAvoy, Kate 2828’s personal secretary

Hi Collin, thanks for that. I did send Kate2828 a private message on this site but if she's detoxing from it, that explains why i didn't get a reply!!

I hope you've relayed to her the news about the South American tour, it sounds like it was wonderful.

Please pass on my best wishes to Kate2828. I'm doing very well......etc.

I can't find her email address. She can contact me at the following address: [email protected] or my real world email address if she still has it. I hope to hear from her.

regards
BrummieBoy

Morrissey12.jpg

For those who've wondered, this is why he mainly communicates via gifs.

Is it? I copied and pasted what was translated from the interview but I’ll go back and put quotation marks around the quote if you want me to? Anyhow, please continue being ‘anonymous’.

tumblr_m1qji0uR2e1r3rlrzo1_500.gif

http://translate.google.com/transla.../www.vg.no/musikk/artikkel.php?artid=10049667

Google translate with headline:

Morten Harket: - Morrissey had a large erection challenges in my presence

Made me laugh but I'm like a child.

You should communicate via gifs like me.

tumblr_lkjwq53cg61qzo9rro1_250.gif

I am not Mexican but I take offence to what you wrote so much. Who do you think you are, man? You sound very fascist.
Screaming girls at the bla-bla show, are the same as gangs of homo-sexual mexican males at the mozzy shows now-a-days..There are also a vast number of fat, 2 foot tall, bearded mexican, "women", there, because they come from a heroless culture and ape the very thing they all hate. Think it over. The atmosphere at very past Morrissey shows, was one of decency, kindness towards others andd just being kick-back to enjoy and appreciate the show. Now, Morrissey shows are replete with frisky hands on wanna be security control-freaks. Just touch trashbags, just you try it. Your trash has to leave the arena and when you do, its payback time. A tire tool across its head, provides a wake up call. Hands off! Then chico and maria dressing up like Elvis Presley? Like me dressing up with a poncho, selling chicklettes and screaming about everything. Excuse me, but old Morrissey IS flying his freak flag and thats what draws these freaks to his shows. No longer a good time, but a 45 minute bout with contentios, truculent slime, that start trouble, then cry like a 2 years old when corrected. Right chico? You dont mind if we call you chico? Fire away freaks...Fire away.

I find the "lets berate anything anti-Moz" brigade quite pathetic. The Smiths, Morrissey and a-ha are my three clear musical influences. The depths some of you have plunged to in reaction to this story are so childish its really laughable ha ha hahaha.....

So Moz might have had a boner in the presence of Morten Harket...big deal.
So Morten Harket thinks Moz might be gay....big deal (an accusation oft levelled at MH too)
Its a non-story which some of you lot are using to take swipes at a band and only serving to highlight your own shameful ignorances.

I love The Smiths/Morrissey but have to defend a-ha; they are far more than Take on Me and The Sun Always Shines on TV. Try these:
Stay on these Roads
Lifelines
I've Been Losing You
Manhatten Skyline
Soundrel Days
Go on I dare you, listen to these and come back and remain resolute in your "a-ha are shit" stance.
Its like a pathetic cult on here, Moz or nothing.

I find the "lets berate anything anti-Moz" brigade quite pathetic. The Smiths, Morrissey and a-ha are my three clear musical influences. The depths some of you have plunged to in reaction to this story are so childish its really laughable ha ha hahaha.....

So Moz might have had a boner in the presence of Morten Harket...big deal.
So Morten Harket thinks Moz might be gay....big deal (an accusation oft levelled at MH too)
Its a non-story which some of you lot are using to take swipes at a band and only serving to highlight your own shameful ignorances.

I love The Smiths/Morrissey but have to defend a-ha; they are far more than Take on Me and The Sun Always Shines on TV. Try these:
Stay on these Roads
Lifelines
I've Been Losing You
Manhatten Skyline
Soundrel Days
Go on I dare you, listen to these and come back and remain resolute in your "a-ha are shit" stance.
Its like a pathetic cult on here, Moz or nothing.

Unfortunately as this is a website for Morrissey fans there would be a few negative replies about Morten and his band. A bit silly to think anything less. It would be the same on any site for fans of a particular popstar etc.

The audience or fans are just.........
tumblr_lvwjnh9BTd1qcay1ao1_500.gif

I can't wait until Morrissey's autobiography reveals all and the homophobes on here take flight :)

I can't wait until Morrissey's autobiography reveals all and the homophobes on here take flight :)

If it reveals anything...I can't see Moz "outing" himself this late in the game.

If it reveals anything...I can't see Moz "outing" himself this late in the game.

It will reveal Steven's first and only love is:

tumblr_m25ev0iCYu1qbm41oo1_400.png

Ahahaha. I love it, this has to be one of the best quotes about Moz. And who can blame him, Morten was bloody gorgeous back in the day, any gay worth their salt wouldn't be able to conceal their excitement.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom