Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 96

Thread: Morten Harket on Morrissey

  1. #61
    Senior Member Amy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    6,403
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

    Default

    For anybody who might want to hear Moz' version of "The Sun Always Shines on TV"..


    0 Not allowed!

  2. #62
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Default Re: Morten Harket on Morrissey

    Quote Originally Posted by cornelius blaze View Post
    Morten Harket on Morrissey with almost had an erection!
    For those who've wondered, this is why he mainly communicates via gifs.

    0 Not allowed!

  3. #63
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Default Re: Morten Harket on Morrissey

    Quote Originally Posted by billy scissors View Post
    They were mediocre at best.
    Gotta agree 110% with you Billy. After the sunshine tune and take on me, what ever thats supposed to mean... the Bla-Bla, "band", from where is it and whose the now fat, washed up ham, that decides to spout off about wanting to fantacize about some 26 year old tripe? Probably a latent homo-sexual thats very frustrated and has only its past to occupy it now. Fire away bla-bla boobs......

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #64
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Default Re: Morten Harket on Morrissey

    Quote Originally Posted by wayneclooney View Post
    Morten meets Morrissey.

    Fantastic anecdote, will Morrissey's account be in his upcoming auto-hagiography? Utterly predictable and hysterical overreaction to Morten's musings by Moz's myrmidons.

    It's funny to think of a relaxed, confident Moz shamelessly and trollopisciously discomforting Morten by lasiviously giving him 'the eye'. I imagine if Morrissey was temescent it was because he had just dragged himself away from the mirror. Or maybe he was aroused by the extraordinary physicality of Morten's spoken voice, if it's anything like his miraculous singing.

    Once again the gormless aim a pistol to their heads, proving they cannot handle complexity and ambiguity, although Morten respectfully does:

    "Well, then I donít know. Then you can only speculate."

    "he said something...." erm, Morten, what did he say?

    @Amy 'Moz said in one of the South Bank Show interviews that he'd been to see A-ha in '86, and thought the musicians and the whole show were overshadowed by screaming teenage girls.'

    Oh dear. One can imagine the cerebral poise of Morrissey 'not getting it' at an A-ha gig. Equally, the mind's eye can see him 'not getting it' at an Elvis or Beatles gig? Why are these girls screaming at these 'unintelligent' lyrics?
    Julie Burchill was right: the teenage girls just get the ecstatic exuberance of 'pop' whilst the teenage boys just want to cerebrally rock and 'think about the lyrics' .

    Morrissey has spent his whole life trying to escape to Dionysian raptures. Morten just has to sing and it happens. Sometimes it happens when Morrissey sings. That's why he'll never stop singing until he croaks. Which is good or bad, depending on your point of view.....

    It's sad that no duet ever came of this meeting. Morrissey could usefully make his next album less boring than the last by inviting Morten to a rematch, 'on mike'. I think they'd make great 'vocal sex' together. I'm pretty sure that's what Morrissey had in mind. It would be wonderful if he could actually follow through on these intuitions, fly his freak flag, step outside his comfort zone and tell his anal fanbase to drop dead.

    regards
    BrummieBoy




    '
    Screaming girls at the bla-bla show, are the same as gangs of homo-sexual mexican males at the mozzy shows now-a-days..There are also a vast number of fat, 2 foot tall, bearded mexican, "women", there, because they come from a heroless culture and ape the very thing they all hate. Think it over. The atmosphere at very past Morrissey shows, was one of decency, kindness towards others andd just being kick-back to enjoy and appreciate the show. Now, Morrissey shows are replete with frisky hands on wanna be security control-freaks. Just touch trashbags, just you try it. Your trash has to leave the arena and when you do, its payback time. A tire tool across its head, provides a wake up call. Hands off! Then chico and maria dressing up like Elvis Presley? Like me dressing up with a poncho, selling chicklettes and screaming about everything. Excuse me, but old Morrissey IS flying his freak flag and thats what draws these freaks to his shows. No longer a good time, but a 45 minute bout with contentios, truculent slime, that start trouble, then cry like a 2 years old when corrected. Right chico? You dont mind if we call you chico? Fire away freaks...Fire away.

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #65
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Default Re: Morten Harket on Morrissey

    Quote Originally Posted by wayneclooney View Post
    'drunk adultering unemployed brother': That's a very Morrissey type of scenario. He could update 'driving your boyfriend home' or whatever it was called. 'driving your drunk adultering unemployed brother home'. He's always been very good with radio friendly titles, has Morrissey. It would be a good opening scene for an episode of 'Shameless' with Noel Gallagher's High-Flying Birds droning on remorselessly in the background.

    I don't blame Morrissey for wearing a 'F*** Morrissey-solo" shirt, but I think if he was a genuine genius (like me) he would have created a t-shirt saying 'Morrissey F***s-Solo' celebrating the autosexuality he appears to have flaunted in front of a confused and scared Morten. Sadly, Moz ain't half as clever as he thinks he is. I still love him, but he needs to up his game or retire.

    I wonder who the ghost-writer of his autobiography is?

    Singyourlife: I'm glad you have deleted your account. *rolls eyes*. Hopefully you will set a trend and 99% of people on this site will follow your example and despatch themselves to oblivion. Leaving these pages free for the graceful cognoscenti of the 1%, such as myself.

    Hello this is Collin McAvoy, Kate 2828ís personal secretary and I told her you were online and she said to most certainly tell you hello. She doesn't come to this place anymore cause she thinks itís a disgrace and causes her problems.
    She also says itís a dangerous place and causes her problems and you should e-mail her when you've a chance.
    Kate also says she hopes you are well and in good spirits.

    Regards,

    Collin

    0 Not allowed!

  6. #66
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Default Re: Morten Harket on Morrissey

    Okay, so now we know Moz was crushing on Morten Harket and Pete Burns in the 80's. Who else?

    0 Not allowed!

  7. #67
    Speedway, here we come!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sing-A-Pore
    Posts
    524
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Morten Harket on Morrissey

    .... the sun never shines on ....


    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    For anybody who might want to hear Moz' version of "The Sun Always Shines on TV"..


    0 Not allowed!
    ~m~ It takes STRENGTH to be GENTLE & KIND ~m~

  8. #68
    Lust a prima vista bored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The (take you for) Granite State
    Posts
    5,014
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 41

    Default

    http://translate.google.com/translat...tid%3D10049667

    Google translate with headline:

    Morten Harket: - Morrissey had a large erection challenges in my presence

    Made me laugh but I'm like a child.

    0 Not allowed!

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,339
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Morten Harket on Morrissey

    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    For anybody who might want to hear Moz' version of "The Sun Always Shines on TV"..

    Oh, I love it! I wish he did a proper cover of the song, I loved the original too, back in the 80s.

    I don't see why it would be bad if Morrissey had a crush on Morten Harket. (Everybody had a crush on Morten Harket, myself included.) MH was absolutely gorgeous, and the A-ha were a great pop-band.

    0 Not allowed!
    And I heard so many things I failed to understand at all

  10. #70
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Morten Harket on Morrissey

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Hello this is Collin McAvoy, Kate 2828ís personal secretary
    Hi Collin, thanks for that. I did send Kate2828 a private message on this site but if she's detoxing from it, that explains why i didn't get a reply!!

    I hope you've relayed to her the news about the South American tour, it sounds like it was wonderful.

    Please pass on my best wishes to Kate2828. I'm doing very well......etc.

    I can't find her email address. She can contact me at the following address: caderidris@hotmail.co.uk or my real world email address if she still has it. I hope to hear from her.

    regards
    BrummieBoy

    0 Not allowed!

  11. #71
    Boychild mustn't tremble! cornelius blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MONTAGUE TERRACE (in blue)
    Posts
    3,128
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Morten Harket on Morrissey

    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    For anybody who might want to hear Moz' version of "The Sun Always Shines on TV"..

    Morrissey12.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    For those who've wondered, this is why he mainly communicates via gifs.
    Is it? I copied and pasted what was translated from the interview but Iíll go back and put quotation marks around the quote if you want me to? Anyhow, please continue being Ďanonymousí.




    Quote Originally Posted by bored View Post
    http://translate.google.com/translat...tid%3D10049667

    Google translate with headline:

    Morten Harket: - Morrissey had a large erection challenges in my presence

    Made me laugh but I'm like a child.
    You should communicate via gifs like me.


    0 Not allowed!


    Archangel risin' on the moon
    Just to save me from this tomb
    I'll cry the tears of time all day
    'Til she wipes them all away

  12. #72
    I am mine. lg_br's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Over the rainbow (Brazil actually)
    Posts
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Morten Harket on Morrissey

    I am not Mexican but I take offence to what you wrote so much. Who do you think you are, man? You sound very fascist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Screaming girls at the bla-bla show, are the same as gangs of homo-sexual mexican males at the mozzy shows now-a-days..There are also a vast number of fat, 2 foot tall, bearded mexican, "women", there, because they come from a heroless culture and ape the very thing they all hate. Think it over. The atmosphere at very past Morrissey shows, was one of decency, kindness towards others andd just being kick-back to enjoy and appreciate the show. Now, Morrissey shows are replete with frisky hands on wanna be security control-freaks. Just touch trashbags, just you try it. Your trash has to leave the arena and when you do, its payback time. A tire tool across its head, provides a wake up call. Hands off! Then chico and maria dressing up like Elvis Presley? Like me dressing up with a poncho, selling chicklettes and screaming about everything. Excuse me, but old Morrissey IS flying his freak flag and thats what draws these freaks to his shows. No longer a good time, but a 45 minute bout with contentios, truculent slime, that start trouble, then cry like a 2 years old when corrected. Right chico? You dont mind if we call you chico? Fire away freaks...Fire away.

    0 Not allowed!
    There is no such thing in life as normal.

  13. #73
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Default

    I find the "lets berate anything anti-Moz" brigade quite pathetic. The Smiths, Morrissey and a-ha are my three clear musical influences. The depths some of you have plunged to in reaction to this story are so childish its really laughable ha ha hahaha.....

    So Moz might have had a boner in the presence of Morten Harket...big deal.
    So Morten Harket thinks Moz might be gay....big deal (an accusation oft levelled at MH too)
    Its a non-story which some of you lot are using to take swipes at a band and only serving to highlight your own shameful ignorances.

    I love The Smiths/Morrissey but have to defend a-ha; they are far more than Take on Me and The Sun Always Shines on TV. Try these:
    Stay on these Roads
    Lifelines
    I've Been Losing You
    Manhatten Skyline
    Soundrel Days
    Go on I dare you, listen to these and come back and remain resolute in your "a-ha are shit" stance.
    Its like a pathetic cult on here, Moz or nothing.

    0 Not allowed!

  14. #74
    Boychild mustn't tremble! cornelius blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MONTAGUE TERRACE (in blue)
    Posts
    3,128
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Morten Harket on Morrissey

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I find the "lets berate anything anti-Moz" brigade quite pathetic. The Smiths, Morrissey and a-ha are my three clear musical influences. The depths some of you have plunged to in reaction to this story are so childish its really laughable ha ha hahaha.....

    So Moz might have had a boner in the presence of Morten Harket...big deal.
    So Morten Harket thinks Moz might be gay....big deal (an accusation oft levelled at MH too)
    Its a non-story which some of you lot are using to take swipes at a band and only serving to highlight your own shameful ignorances.

    I love The Smiths/Morrissey but have to defend a-ha; they are far more than Take on Me and The Sun Always Shines on TV. Try these:
    Stay on these Roads
    Lifelines
    I've Been Losing You
    Manhatten Skyline
    Soundrel Days
    Go on I dare you, listen to these and come back and remain resolute in your "a-ha are shit" stance.
    Its like a pathetic cult on here, Moz or nothing.
    Unfortunately as this is a website for Morrissey fans there would be a few negative replies about Morten and his band. A bit silly to think anything less. It would be the same on any site for fans of a particular popstar etc.

    The audience or fans are just.........

    0 Not allowed!


    Archangel risin' on the moon
    Just to save me from this tomb
    I'll cry the tears of time all day
    'Til she wipes them all away

  15. #75
    Senior Member jdbabz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    395
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6

    Default

    I can't wait until Morrissey's autobiography reveals all and the homophobes on here take flight

    0 Not allowed!

  16. #76
    Senior Member Amy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    6,403
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Morten Harket on Morrissey

    Quote Originally Posted by jdbabz View Post
    I can't wait until Morrissey's autobiography reveals all and the homophobes on here take flight
    If it reveals anything...I can't see Moz "outing" himself this late in the game.

    0 Not allowed!

  17. #77
    Boychild mustn't tremble! cornelius blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MONTAGUE TERRACE (in blue)
    Posts
    3,128
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Morten Harket on Morrissey

    Quote Originally Posted by jdbabz View Post
    I can't wait until Morrissey's autobiography reveals all and the homophobes on here take flight
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    If it reveals anything...I can't see Moz "outing" himself this late in the game.
    It will reveal Steven's first and only love is:

    tumblr_m25ev0iCYu1qbm41oo1_400.png

    0 Not allowed!


    Archangel risin' on the moon
    Just to save me from this tomb
    I'll cry the tears of time all day
    'Til she wipes them all away

  18. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,253
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Morten Harket on Morrissey

    MH is known to have a pretty well-dveloped ego. Sounds pretty much in character.

    0 Not allowed!

  19. #79
    Senior Member Amy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    6,403
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

    Default Re: Morten Harket on Morrissey

    Quote Originally Posted by cornelius blaze View Post
    It will reveal Steven's first and only love is:

    tumblr_m25ev0iCYu1qbm41oo1_400.png


    0 Not allowed!

  20. #80
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Default

    Ahahaha. I love it, this has to be one of the best quotes about Moz. And who can blame him, Morten was bloody gorgeous back in the day, any gay worth their salt wouldn't be able to conceal their excitement.

    0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My viewpoint on Morrissey's latest tour
    By Dancing Jellybean in forum General Discussion archive 2000 (read-only)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 4, 2000, 06:27 AM
  2. Boz Boorer comments on Morrissey's sexuality (sort of).
    By greasetea in forum General Discussion archive 2000 (read-only)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 24, 2000, 04:30 AM
  3. The look on Morrissey's face after Man United beat West Ham 7-1!
    By Bobby Moore in forum General Discussion archive 2000 (read-only)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: April 3, 2000, 11:27 PM
  4. My POLL on Morrissey
    By greasetea in forum General Discussion archive 2000 (read-only)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 17, 2000, 09:15 PM
  5. what's on Morrissey's mind?
    By urban in forum General Discussion archive 1999 (read-only)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 9, 1999, 12:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •