Morten Harket on Morrissey

UPDATE Apr. 6, 11:45PM PT:

Article is online, link from Uncleskinny:

Morten Harket: - Morrissey hadde store ereksjonsutfordringer i mitt nærvær - vg.no

Morten is asked about fandom, and is also asked what he thinks about other musicians who’re inspired by his voice and a-ha.

Other famous artists are also known fans (of a-ha), Morrissey from the influential band The Smiths introduced himself as “Morten” at the Quart festival in 2004 (Kristiansand, Norway), after he’d entered the stage singing his own version of “The Sun Always shines on TV”?

"I’ve met him, he almost had an erection around me! We met up in New Orleans some time in the eighties."

Did you speak with the whole band, or just him?

"It’s him I remember. He thought it was a bit difficult I think, the whole thing. He said something… I thought he was decidedly on the gay side."

He’s never confirmed that he is?

"Well, then I don’t know. Then you can only speculate."

From an article to be published in the Norwegian newspaper VG (Verdens Gang)

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_lqcfgvZbF71qcxtqo.gif

tumblr_lqcfeacnIZ1qcxtqo.gif

Attachments

• MozGif32.gif
    MozGif32.gif
    495.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
So it took this morten-flake, wanna be queer, 26 years to sound off about some sex fantasy? Aren't we all thankful that we are NOT him?! The gay thing is almost as tired as the two in question here.

morten who??? A washed up ham, with no solo career what-so-ever. The nothing group it was in had one decent record with two decent tunes and that's about it. IF what's reported here is even partly correct, Morrissey should certainly up his standards. But then again, " a hard one has no conscience".

Shouldn't that be 'on' ?

Pretty much expected this reaction. You are all ugly people who'll jump at the chance to slate anyone remotely popular. Vile.

morten who??? A washed up ham, with no solo career what-so-ever. The nothing group it was in had one decent record with two decent tunes and that's about it. IF what's reported here is even partly correct, Morrissey should certainly up his standards. But then again, " a hard one has no conscience".

Wow. Wrong. He has five solo albums and a-ha have pumped out many outstanding songs in their time. I'm not hear to defend anyone but this kind of anon shit slinging is what gives this site a bad name.

Puting aside whether or not I'm a fag hag or just a fan, the sad reality is that Morton Harket's solo-material is weak compared to Mozzer's. Despite the other person's comment, Ah-ha actually produced a lot of good songs, not as many as Moz or The Smiths, mind you, but there are some good ones. Harket is low class, however, to report that he turned Moz on, whether it be true or false.

That's what I can hear on YouTube, anyway.

A+++ for Cornflakes efforts on doing their home work!! Your an insighful poster and appreciated. The old man still carries a torch for a married man with kids who really is straight??? Hilarious ! This little article is sure to generate a scad of scaberous commentary.

I do hope Moz responds to this. Should be hilarious.

I'm quite the a-ha fan so this is all very exciting. :)

He was a fan in the 80's and said so himself in interviews. They even have their own entry in Mozipedia. I wouldn't be surprised if he still likes them.

Maybe Moz fancied him, Morten was a pretty young man in his time. What's so strange about that?

He was a fan in the 80's and said so himself in interviews. They even have their own entry in Mozipedia. I wouldn't be surprised if he still likes them.

How many times has Morrissey lied in interviews though? I can't take it seriously.

They are actually born the same year; 1959.

You can tell when he's lying. This wasn't one of those times. a-ha made grandiose, melodic and melancholy music and were fronted by an amazing vocalist and charismatic front man; makes perfect sense that Moz likes them.

a-ha made grandiose, melodic and melancholy music and were fronted by an amazing vocalist and charismatic front man; makes perfect sense that Moz likes them.

What? Take On Meeeeee? you must be bloody kidding.

One hit wonders

Obviously you haven't listened to them. To the general public they are considered one hit wonders, which is criminally underrating them. I defy anyone to listen to Stay On These Roads (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWey1DBAchM&ob=av2n) and still claim they were fluff.

Obviously you haven't listened to them. To the general public they are considered one hit wonders, which is criminally underrating them. I defy anyone to listen to Stay On These Roads (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWey1DBAchM&ob=av2n) and still claim they were fluff.

I was going to post something similar to Davie (A-ha being one hit wonders etc), and then I thought that perhaps that's how "the general public" might view The Smiths based solely on Heaven Knows... or This Charming Man. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Back
Top Bottom