What album are you listening to right now?

Re: these 2 mix well 2gether, just like my Stoli & OJ

Hot-Fuss.jpg

Re: need something to cheer me up after the Dodgers ruined my day

Rodrigo y Gabriela

Last edited by a moderator:
A 2013 album I missed. I can't believe I missed this beauty. An underrated modern band!

mqdefault.jpg

Listened to it...thought it was very bland compared to their debut. I shall have to give this another few listens before I decide. Disappointed on first attempt though. I think the tracking order is terrible so I may change it.

Edit: Gave it another listen. Kept 4 or 5 songs from the 11 track album. The stand out songs are album titled "Lights" and it's final song "Give Me Your Love" which has these lovely guitars towards the end. Their début is miles ahead of this over produced babble, but you can tell they had a good time recording this somehow. I wish they'd kept the production the same.

TBV+cover.jpeg

Wow. Don't let the cover put you off. For those who have no idea who they are, they are basically the bridge between post punk and goth. I found them through Morrissey as he reviewed one of their songs "Walk Into The Sun" so I decided to check out the song for myself and I was really surprised. The hooks in all their songs are fantastic. Such youth and power. I think this album includes most of their stuff. They have another album which came out in 2013, which I will listen to later tonight :)

3xv9.jpg

And the psychokiller who lives next door
Washes the car, mows the lawn
Takes the dog out for a walk
It's nothing personal
The psychokiller who lives next door
Washes the car, mows the lawn
Takes the dog out for a walk
Sees you're all alone
And it's one more red night of roses

edit: listened to it another 5 times...actually, I only kept the first 3 songs. "Of Roses" is probably one of the best songs I've heard for a while. I was disillusioned.

pains-of-being-pure-at-heart-days-abandon-albumcover.jpg

Okay I'll make this short...This album sucks. The lead songwriter threw out his band, decided to change the music direction like an indie David Bowie, except it backfired and the album he made turned out to be crap. Why on earth did he use the same band name for an album that doesn't actually include the band or their trademark sound? Terrible move. Terrible move. I hope he stays aboard this sinking ship.

51fx0P3bEgL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Brothers In Law - Hard Times For Dreamers

They are right with their album title and that's why I listened to it. I love the album. The hooks and music sound amazing, the singer's voice is actually nice and the lyrics are interesting. I hope they release something soon and this is quite a worthwhile album to keep. Here's a random song off the album that I have on repeat

MUDD4047.jpg

Back
Top Bottom