What album are you listening to right now?

front.jpg

Just finished listening to Portishead's "Third" album. Apart from the song "Rip", which has an uber Plath-like smell to it, the rest weren't worth much attention or, at least, they didn't seem so after three listens...

41ajqyXccIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

cover.jpg

Great, great lost band of early 90s Britpop. Their only LP. Phenomenal.

cover.jpg

Great, great lost band of early 90s Britpop. Their only LP. Phenomenal.

Following your recommendation , just had a listen to one of their singles (i.e. "Don't Leave Me"). Certainly wasn't terrible , but phenomenal ? Is there a better song from them you can recommend ?

I know it isn't worth saying but , dear me, I truly hate that album cover...

Following your recommendation , just had a listen to one of their singles (i.e. "Don't Leave Me"). Certainly wasn't terrible , but phenomenal ? Is there a better song from them you can recommend ?

I know it isn't worth saying but , dear me, I truly hate that album cover...

Like most frontmen of Britop, Jeremy Paige was highly influenced by Morrissey. Add some books to the floor he's on and he's basically just re-shooting the famous Moz pic.

The album version of Don't Leave Me is one of the best songs off all time. The single is nowhere near as good; it's a totally different take. However, from the album I'd also recommend Shimmy Shammy, Need a Man, and Mexico.

Marry me.

Back
Top Bottom