What album are you listening to right now?

R-1870783-1249212198.jpeg

Dead can dance - Dead can dance.

Taking a break from WPINOYB on fear of burnout.

^ I have that album on cassette... I never looked very closely at the cover before, and this is the first time I noticed that green background is an abstract painting... I always glanced at the cover on the J-card and thought it was an aerial view on a map or something.

^ I have that album on cassette... I never looked very closely at the cover before, and this is the first time I noticed that green background is an abstract painting... I always glanced at the cover on the J-card and thought it was an aerial view on a map or something.

Now you've said that it does look like an ariel shot through the clouds almost. I would've never thought of that. John Squire painted all their covers.

In between binges of WPINOYB:

fall-out-boy-save-rock-and-roll-410.jpg

I have loved these guys for a while (hush up!) but seeing them live last week brought it to a whole new level. It was the first real concert I took my 8 year old to see too, he loved it (I posted a pic of me and him with Pete Wentz in another thread)

I must admit, I kinda forgot this existed! When the lead off song came out I remember thinking that it sounded like early 90’s era SY. Does the rest?

Yes it does. You say that like it's a bad thing :)

I saw them last year here in Sydney about a few weeks after I saw Lee Ronaldo. Both great gigs considering I never saw Sonic Youth live. Lots of bands tour here now but no one bothered coming all this way when i was in my 20s.

Yes it does. You say that like it's a bad thing :)

I saw them last year here in Sydney about a few weeks after I saw Lee Ronaldo. Both great gigs considering I never saw Sonic Youth live. Lots of bands tour here now but no one bothered coming all this way when i was in my 20s.

Not a bad thing at all! My favorite SY goes from say, EVOL up to and including Dirty. I don’t think they have any bad material but the SST records / early DGC era stuff is my favorite. Funny thing about SY live...I saw them once. In NYC. On a pier or something. It was ’98 or ’99 and they played some jazz fest. I was so excited because they were one of the first “underground” bands I got into when I bought “Dirty” on cassette upon its release in ’92, when I was only 11. So needless to say I was STOKED to see them. They played an entire noise/freeform jazz type set...with one real song (Expressway To Yr. Skull). I never saw them after that and I really regret it cause it seems like I won’t have the chance.

Not a bad thing at all! My favorite SY goes from say, EVOL up to and including Dirty. I don’t think they have any bad material but the SST records / early DGC era stuff is my favorite. Funny thing about SY live...I saw them once. In NYC. On a pier or something. It was ’98 or ’99 and they played some jazz fest. I was so excited because they were one of the first “underground” bands I got into when I bought “Dirty” on cassette upon its release in ’92, when I was only 11. So needless to say I was STOKED to see them. They played an entire noise/freeform jazz type set...with one real song (Expressway To Yr. Skull). I never saw them after that and I really regret it cause it seems like I won’t have the chance.

Wow that sounds great! I love how they just didn't give a shit what they did. Unfortunately we probably won't get a chance to see them again or at all for me. I don't see Kim and Thurston kissing and making up anytime soon.

Wow that sounds great! I love how they just didn't give a shit what they did. Unfortunately we probably won't get a chance to see them again or at all for me. I don't see Kim and Thurston kissing and making up anytime soon.

Yeah, it’s a real shame. I know there have been groups of couples who split who still make music together, but for some reason in this case, it’s very SY to just end it.

Back
Top Bottom