What album are you listening to right now?

Scott_Pilgrim_soundtrack.jpg

This is the only Ryan Adams album I can listen to all the way through without skipping any songs. Love Is Hell come close, though. They all have a few songs that are amazing, but so much crap inbetween.

This one is great, though...through and through.

59529.gif

Currently , I'm listening to the U2/Brian Eno 1995 spin-off "Passengers : Original Soundtracks 1". The second track "Slug" is one of my favourite songs ; it sounds exactly as it's meant to - like the lights of a distant city gradually winking on as dusk blackens. Just superb...

I wish U2 had adhered to their 1990s sounds/method/production/etc. The "Everything You Wish You'd Left Behind" album and those following bore me senseless . They seem such an overt prostration to the Middle America market - bland, mid-tempo, pathologically benign in expression.

I am really digging the Tribes Album at the moment - Saw em live a few weeks back, awesome live - Very Suede ish - Highly Recommend x

2009 remaster. Ummm, where the hell is the guitar solo in the the title track?

a_hard_days_night.jpg

pre 2011, I had a desktop computer with an external drive I had amassed over 400 gigs of music on, almost entirely "real albums" not compilations. When this "project" began in late 2005, I began with getting all the music I had once owned, but eventually expanded beyond that, for this the gods punished me
now I sit here on a small computer with less than 17 gigs of music, much of it from compilations like:
51WFJDOrQfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

to think I use to have her first 7 albums on CD* and now reduced to some 20 odd tracks on this computer
is a bit sad, but it is what it is
I am forced to listen to a lot of comps like above now, sorry, I know they are not "real albums"

*=getting the last after FINALLY seeing her perform live

Back
Top Bottom