Article: Ivor Perry gives his side on session with The Smiths, "Viva Hate" reissue re

Paul at superdeluxeedition.com writes:

Some more Smiths/Morrissey content up:

This is interesting. Ivor Perry got directly in touch to give his side of what happened at the session where he played with The Smiths. This is an exclusive.

Smiths-guitarist-for-a-day Ivor Perry responds to Stephen Street - superdeluxeedition

Also:
Morrissey / Viva Hate reissue review by Paul Sinclair - superdeluxeedition

Related item:

Last edited:
Thanks Ivor for your historical input and sharing. You would not have been there had Morrissey not welcomed you in the first place. You had guts to stand in for Johnny Marr and we thank you again for sharing your memories of this last ditch session.

Nice to hear Mr. Perry's side of things, even though I didn't feel like Steven Street had maligned him in the first place.

didn't andy or mike say in an interview that it was more perry's personality that didnt fit with everyone? he basically grated with everyone on the day. he sounds a bit petty and abrasive in his response to stephen street - who wemissumoz is right - didnt in anyway malign him. perry on the other hand sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder...

At last, a review that discusses the merits of this particular remastering and does it well!

"...regardless of the merits of Treat Me Like A Human Being (it is only okay) the real issue is that this is a four track demo dropped in the middle of well-produced album. Rather like watching a movie on Blu-ray but switching to an old VHS for 15 minutes mid-film and hoping no one will notice."
Does anyone know whether there's any sound quality difference between Treat Me @ Glamorous Glue 2011 and Treat Me @ Viva Hate 2012?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom