+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Thread: My Morrissey Tattoo

  1. #21
    Senior Member Skylarker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,367
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 10

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by nothappynotsad View Post
    I think a common misconception about people with tattoos is that we get them for the attention. I know that this probably is true in some extreme cases, but mostly I think that people get tattooed for themselves and their own personal reasons. Do you put on your shirt in the morning hoping that someone will comment on it? Tattoos are personal and should be taken at face value. Yes, I have someone's face on my arm and who it might be is none of your fucking business, purely for the reason that I did not get it for you. Get it?

    I don't find anything wrong with your comments in this thread. She put this thread on solo for the purpose of discussion, I imagine. Having a discussion about your tattoos on the internet and having to explain them to gawking strangers are two completely different things. I don't blame people for their curiosity, but it gets annoying after the first hundred or so times.

    I get what you're saying and your arguments are well stated, but remember, a tattoo -like a T-shirt or a bumper sticker, except in a much more permanent, personal way- are decidedly external emblazonings of the symbols of your feelings, experiences, tastes, aspects of your personal life, etc. That they are external and and are, in fact, sometimes much easier for other people to see than for you to see yourself, (except maybe in the mirror) begs a dependency on the recognition by others -oftentimes strangers- of those symbols.

    I have no doubt that many people get tattoos for very significant, personal reasons and that many people with tattoos find generic flash art insulting and disgusting. I am in no way contesting the notion of unique, personal relevance in many people's tattoos. All I'm saying is that it is a little hard to buy the "well it's my tattoo so fuck off and mind your own business" aspect when, as just stated, the basic foundational definition of a tattoo is that it is an image (to be seen) and that although personal in nature, it is external (on the outside of the person)...

    My girlfriend has a huge blue panther, or a puma or some shit, tattooed across the side of her scalp. She got it when she was 18 and it means something to her (I guess) and it used to be very visible because she shaved her head a lot. Even though she is old now (early 30s, which is old for a girl), whenever she shaves her head for a cancer benefit, there it is again...a big-ass blue cat, right on her head. She has never implied regret for getting it done (she has many others as well) but she always expresses annoyance whenever some moron accosts her and is like, "dayam, didn't that HURT?..."

    She is always polite and patient when she answers them "yes," but then when she bitches to me personally about it, my answer is always the same:

    "Well, you did get a fucking blue cat tattooed on your fucking head. Deal with it."

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Skylarker; April 4, 2012 at 07:21 AM.

  2. #22
    God save the Tseng nothappynotsad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,678
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 148

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarker View Post
    I get what you're saying and your arguments are well stated, but remember, a tattoo -like a T-shirt or a bumper sticker, except in a much more permanent, personal way- are decidedly external emblazonings of the symbols of your feelings, experiences, tastes, aspects of your personal life, etc. That they are external and and are, in fact, sometimes much easier for other people to see than for you to see yourself, (except maybe in the mirror) begs a dependency on the recognition by others -oftentimes strangers- of those symbols.

    I have no doubt that many people get tattoos for very significant, personal reasons and that many people with tattoos find generic flash art insulting and disgusting. I am in no way contesting the notion of unique, personal relevance in many people's tattoos. All I'm saying is that it is a little hard to buy the "well it's my tattoo so fuck off and mind your own business" aspect when, as just stated, the basic foundational definition of a tattoo is that it is an image (to be seen) and that although personal in nature, it is external (on the outside of the person)...

    My girlfriend has a huge blue panther, or a puma or some shit, tattooed across the side of her scalp. She got it when she was 18 and it means something to her (I guess) used to be very visible because she shaved her head a lot. Even though she is old now (early 30s, which is old for a girl), whenever she shaves her head for a cancer benefit, there it is again..a big-ass blue cat, right on her head. She has never implied regret for getting it done (she has many others as well) but she always expresses annoyance whenever some moron accosts her and is like, "dayam, didn't that HURT?..."

    She is always polite and patient when she answers them "yes," but then when she bitches to me personally about it, my answer is always the same:

    "Well, you did get a fucking blue cat tattooed on your fucking head. Deal with it."
    Touché.

    0 Not allowed!
    Goddammit, I like it.


  3. #23
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarker View Post
    She is always polite and patient when she answers them "yes," but then when she bitches to me personally about it, my answer is always the same:

    "Well, you did get a fucking blue cat tattooed on your fucking head. Deal with it."
    I think I love you.

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #24
    Senior Member Skylarker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,367
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 10

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I think I love you.
    So what are you so afraid of?

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #25
    My secret's my enzyme. CrystalGeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azusa Adjacent
    Posts
    29,835
    Blog Entries
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 827
    Given: 479

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo


    0 Not allowed!



    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    Maybe Geezer can give us advice seeing as she is an upstanding citizen in her community, trusted confidant to her friends, is extremely intelligent and properly educated, & just generally has her shit together in ways we could never hope to?

  6. #26
    My secret's my enzyme. CrystalGeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azusa Adjacent
    Posts
    29,835
    Blog Entries
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 827
    Given: 479

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo


    0 Not allowed!



    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    Maybe Geezer can give us advice seeing as she is an upstanding citizen in her community, trusted confidant to her friends, is extremely intelligent and properly educated, & just generally has her shit together in ways we could never hope to?

  7. #27
    My secret's my enzyme. CrystalGeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azusa Adjacent
    Posts
    29,835
    Blog Entries
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 827
    Given: 479

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo


    0 Not allowed!



    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    Maybe Geezer can give us advice seeing as she is an upstanding citizen in her community, trusted confidant to her friends, is extremely intelligent and properly educated, & just generally has her shit together in ways we could never hope to?

  8. #28
    My secret's my enzyme. CrystalGeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azusa Adjacent
    Posts
    29,835
    Blog Entries
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 827
    Given: 479

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    This is one actually kind of impressive as far as realism in a tat goes.


    0 Not allowed!



    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    Maybe Geezer can give us advice seeing as she is an upstanding citizen in her community, trusted confidant to her friends, is extremely intelligent and properly educated, & just generally has her shit together in ways we could never hope to?

  9. #29
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarker View Post
    So what are you so afraid of?
    Bigamy.

    0 Not allowed!

  10. #30
    Senior Member Skylarker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,367
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 10

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Bigamy.
    Well, it's not my fault you did something retarded like getting married. Score 1 for the expectations of society and your parents.


    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalGeezer View Post
    This is one actually kind of impressive as far as realism in a tat goes.

    Golden Girls is so gross; I never understood the appeal of that show or how it was supposedly funny. You had a dried-up old slut (read "frisky"), a moron (read "fun-loving"), a dyke (read "strong"), and a bitter (read "sassy") old bitch.

    Yeah...I'll tune right in for that one.

    Elderly women are horrifying in every way. The show was a hit with women for whom the concept of living past 50 at all was, in itself, considered some kind of miraculous achievement or victory. Typical broads...patting themselves on the back just for being alive. I'd like to see them change a tire!

    But to each his own, I guess.

    0 Not allowed!

  11. #31
    My secret's my enzyme. CrystalGeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azusa Adjacent
    Posts
    29,835
    Blog Entries
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 827
    Given: 479

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarker View Post


    Golden Girls is so gross; I never understood the appeal of that show or how it was supposedly funny. You had a dried-up old slut (read "frisky"), a moron (read "fun-loving"), a dyke (read "strong"), and a bitter (read "sassy") old bitch.

    Yeah...I'll tune right in for that one.

    Elderly women are horrifying in every way. The show was a hit with women for whom the concept of living past 50 at all was, in itself, considered some kind of miraculous achievement or victory. Typical broads...patting themselves on the back just for being alive. I'd like to see them change a tire!

    But to each his own, I guess.
    Don't fuck with the Golden Girls.

    0 Not allowed!



    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    Maybe Geezer can give us advice seeing as she is an upstanding citizen in her community, trusted confidant to her friends, is extremely intelligent and properly educated, & just generally has her shit together in ways we could never hope to?

  12. #32
    Senior Member Skylarker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,367
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 10

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalGeezer View Post
    Don't fuck with the Golden Girls.
    I was kidding; I have no real problems with it. I never really paid too much attention to it, is all.

    I mean hell, I like ALF and Small Wonder. And Perfect Strangers.

    0 Not allowed!

  13. #33
    God save the Tseng nothappynotsad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,678
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 148

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarker View Post




    Golden Girls is so gross; I never understood the appeal of that show or how it was supposedly funny. You had a dried-up old slut (read "frisky"), a moron (read "fun-loving"), a dyke (read "strong"), and a bitter (read "sassy") old bitch.

    Yeah...I'll tune right in for that one.

    Elderly women are horrifying in every way. The show was a hit with women for whom the concept of living past 50 at all was, in itself, considered some kind of miraculous achievement or victory. Typical broads...patting themselves on the back just for being alive. I'd like to see them change a tire!

    But to each his own, I guess.
    My grandmother used to watch this show a lot when I was a kid.
    Blanche's face used to scare the bejesus out of me.

    0 Not allowed!
    Goddammit, I like it.


  14. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    if you don't get tattoos why would you be in this forum poking at people who do...? ah, the internet has bred so many brave souls

    0 Not allowed!

  15. #35
    No Hope No Harm
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    120
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    Oh dear, here we go again.
    Every time someone starts a thread about getting a tattoo that pertains to Moz, or posts a picture of their tat, out come the geezers and the hypocrites ready to tell you how stupid you are for doing something so 'drastic and permanent', and offering their analogies. These people of course have no tattoos, but probably have their ears pierced multiple times. So I ask? Whats the difference? A tattoo will draw just as much attention as pierced ears right?
    And what is this absolute nonsense about those who get tattooed, (one of Morrissey or any other) are begging for recognition by others? That they are trying to draw attention to themselves? Or my favorite, 'the basic foundational definition of a tattoo is that it is an image to be seen'. Bollocks! You are wrong. I know many, many people who have a tattoo, or a few, that are placed on their bodies where only that persons intimate partner may ever see it. Like on the thigh. I know a guy who has a beautiful tribal tattoo done by his Maori brothers that is way up on his thigh. It is extremely important to him, and no one else even knows its there. So stop with the generalizations.
    As far as our friend who got the 'will never marry' tattoo, why do you feel it necessary to try and decipher her motivation? She just explained it to you moron! "Is a tattoo really going to make you feel better"?....What the fuck do you care? Maybe it did. It most likely did. So leave her alone. Leave it alone.
    And for the jackass who wrote, 'why couldn't you get your nails done or sleep with a high school student'? Because she wanted a tattoo, that's why genius.
    Either get a tattoo so you know what the hell you are talking about, or start your own thread about how you just got your ears pierced so we can all tell you how stupid you are for doing it, and bombard you with moronic suggestions.

    0 Not allowed!

  16. #36
    retired !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,120
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 434
    Given: 132

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by shridan whiteside View Post
    Oh dear, here we go again.
    Every time someone starts a thread about getting a tattoo that pertains to Moz, or posts a picture of their tat, out come the geezers and the hypocrites ready to tell you how stupid you are for doing something so 'drastic and permanent', and offering their analogies. These people of course have no tattoos, but probably have their ears pierced multiple times. So I ask? Whats the difference? A tattoo will draw just as much attention as pierced ears right?
    And what is this absolute nonsense about those who get tattooed, (one of Morrissey or any other) are begging for recognition by others? That they are trying to draw attention to themselves? Or my favorite, 'the basic foundational definition of a tattoo is that it is an image to be seen'. Bollocks! You are wrong. I know many, many people who have a tattoo, or a few, that are placed on their bodies where only that persons intimate partner may ever see it. Like on the thigh. I know a guy who has a beautiful tribal tattoo done by his Maori brothers that is way up on his thigh. It is extremely important to him, and no one else even knows its there. So stop with the generalizations.
    As far as our friend who got the 'will never marry' tattoo, why do you feel it necessary to try and decipher her motivation? She just explained it to you moron! "Is a tattoo really going to make you feel better"?....What the fuck do you care? Maybe it did. It most likely did. So leave her alone. Leave it alone.
    And for the jackass who wrote, 'why couldn't you get your nails done or sleep with a high school student'? Because she wanted a tattoo, that's why genius.
    Either get a tattoo so you know what the hell you are talking about, or start your own thread about how you just got your ears pierced so we can all tell you how stupid you are for doing it, and bombard you with moronic suggestions.
    I bet you're a nullo.

    0 Not allowed!
    if it bleeds, we can kill it...

  17. #37
    Junior Member billybu69's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The part of the beach that the tide doesn't reach.
    Posts
    2,655
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 65

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    Wow I thought i'd heard everything but nullo was a new one on me, had to google it, and wtf is that about?

    0 Not allowed!
    I'm stubborn,selfish, and to old.....

  18. #38
    No Hope No Harm
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    120
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    Wow! What a well thought-out, witty, and complex retort. Its so nice to know that you have a wealth of words at your disposal. Is this the point in the debate where I am supposed to write something crude and pointless about you? If it is, I'll pass as I have better things to do and am not an asshole. Again, thanks so much for contributing to the thread. Well done!

    0 Not allowed!

  19. #39
    retired !Viva Hate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,120
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 434
    Given: 132

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by shridan whiteside View Post
    Wow! What a well thought-out, witty, and complex retort. Its so nice to know that you have a wealth of words at your disposal. Is this the point in the debate where I am supposed to write something crude and pointless about you? If it is, I'll pass as I have better things to do and am not an asshole. Again, thanks so much for contributing to the thread. Well done!

    0 Not allowed!
    if it bleeds, we can kill it...

  20. #40
    Senior Member Mozza220559's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hull. England
    Posts
    3,627
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 192
    Given: 86

    Default Re: My Morrissey Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    I bet you're a nullo.
    Haha. Nice

    0 Not allowed!
    "Ours is to not look back, ours is to continue the crack"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My New Morrissey Tattoo
    By Mozzaa in forum General Discussion archive 2007 (read-only)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 26, 2007, 07:12 PM
  2. My Morrissey Tattoo!
    By Not-so-Mute Witness in forum General Discussion archive 2007 (read-only)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: March 9, 2007, 06:28 PM
  3. my morrissey tattoo
    By bad detective in forum General Discussion archive 2006 (read-only)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 21, 2006, 07:14 AM
  4. my Morrissey tattoo
    By sheila in forum General Discussion archive 2006 (read-only)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: April 18, 2006, 12:24 AM
  5. My MORRISSEY tattoo
    By Karen in forum General Discussion archive 2006 (read-only)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 18, 2006, 12:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •