My Morrissey Tattoo

If you didn't want the attention, then why did you get tattoos?
tattoos1d.png

Saved for future laughs. TY.

I think a common misconception about people with tattoos is that we get them for the attention. I know that this probably is true in some extreme cases, but mostly I think that people get tattooed for themselves and their own personal reasons. Do you put on your shirt in the morning hoping that someone will comment on it? Tattoos are personal and should be taken at face value. Yes, I have someone's face on my arm and who it might be is none of your f***ing business, purely for the reason that I did not get it for you. Get it?

No. No one gets it. Only you get it. You're special and your tattoo of someone's face that no one gives a f*** about at all, like ZEEE-ROW interest and yo're doing a post about it. Because you don't want attention for it. Got it.

Wow! Yet another genius. Thanks for contributing to the thread by the way. Oh right, you didn't. So unless you have an opinion other than what you think of me, (which I doubt), Kindly go f*** yourself.

Wow! Yet another genius. Thanks for contributing to the thread by the way. Oh right, you didn't. So unless you have an opinion other than what you think of me, (which I doubt), Kindly go f*** yourself.

We got L.L. Cool Guy in da houze.

Someone on twitter noticed that this guy might have a Morrissey tattoo on his right arm. It looks like it, but I can't help but notice those cum gutters. Jesus! :eek:

BeHqTCCCcAE9WYM.jpg:large

I thought long and hard before getting my Morrissey tattoo. I looked for about a year until I found a true artist, who was visiting from out of state. He had a portfolio of portraits he had done. It is an art doing faces with the shading and such. I put it in a spot that was not visible unless I showed you. It was, for me, a documentation of a period of time in my life. So much so that I was going to be proud of it even if I stopped liking moz. I love mine, even after many years. But I would caution everyone to pause, then think again, pause, then if you still want it. Just think ahead. Tattoos do create some judgement from people. If you have a professional career, think about where you put it.

Moz/smiths tattoo

I've been considering for some time getting a Morrissey or smiths related tattoo, but i don't want a portrait or lyrics, which i know doesn't leave me with many options, but i had in mind some symbol or illustration specific to fans that i could get. Any ideas or ones you already have? :)

Re: Moz/smiths tattoo

In 1992 I nearly got Because We Must tattooed on the nape of my neck.

In 2006 I nearly got the Morrissey M/crest tattooed on the nape of my neck.

Today, I'm still trying to figure out what I'd like to tattoo on the nape of my neck.

Think I'll just forget it.

Just for fun : Tattoos

I am having my second tattoo next month (both not Morrissey related). Would love to see your Morrissey tattoos, I saw alot at the London gig!!

Re: Just for fun : Tattoos

I am having my second tattoo next month (both not Morrissey related). Would love to see your Morrissey tattoos, I saw alot at the London gig!!

ive no moz tats or tats at all but my wife her family and all of her friends do. just as a curious aside what are yours

Hello, I have my first son's name on my neck! I'm having my second son's name linked into it and a very small black heart on my chest to cover a small scare and a bee on my foot! Hoping to get it all done in one sitting .
My partner is covered and I love tattoos when they are done well and have great meaning to them.
Before the London gig we had a few drinks in the pub around the corner and saw a few Morrissey fans with Morrissey profile tattoo and his name.
I didn't see to many quiffs though
Will try and post pic soon.
Why haven't you had a tattoo then?

Hello, I have my first son's name on my neck! I'm having my second son's name linked into it and a very small black heart on my chest to cover a small scare and a bee on my foot! Hoping to get it all done in one sitting ��.
My partner is covered and I love tattoos when they are done well and have great meaning to them.
Before the London gig we had a few drinks in the pub around the corner and saw a few Morrissey fans with Morrissey profile tattoo and his name.
I didn't see to many quiffs though ��
Will try and post pic soon.
Why haven't you had a tattoo then?

i have issues with needles. its not a pain issues so much as its an anxiety of seeing something coming and not avoiding. i almost cant explain it as ive had lip ring multiple ear piercing etc so i dont what the difference in my mind is but its there. if i get a shot i need people there so i dont try and hit the doctor. i do have a couple in mind for a whole now that ive wanted to get. a ship wheel designed as a compass with the phrase where is home decorated by a few clouds and stars here and there. love the names idea though as i love things being personal. my wife has a dancer on her lower back, the chat noir on her right bicep and she shares a tattoo with her sister and brother of the giving tree on her wrist. when they place there wrists together its forms the image of the cover with the tree and all in honor of there mother. my sister in law has two complete sleeves as well as a bunch of others while her brother covered his torso with a fighting cock he saw on some mma fighter (there cousin competes) as well as a couple of sleeves dedicated to literature such as the design in the paragraph breaks of gravitys rainbow among a bunch of others. we share a love of literature which is part of what brought us together in the first place. i would also love to have the covers of the decendents everything suxs album om my bicep as well. they all push for me to get one as one of there other cousins is a tat artist and gives mad discounts to family but ive just been unable to get over that barrier for some reason

i have issues with needles. its not a pain issues so much as its an anxiety of seeing something coming and not avoiding. i almost cant explain it as ive had lip ring multiple ear piercing etc so i dont what the difference in my mind is but its there. if i get a shot i need people there so i dont try and hit the doctor. i do have a couple in mind for a whole now that ive wanted to get. a ship wheel designed as a compass with the phrase where is home decorated by a few clouds and stars here and there. love the names idea though as i love things being personal. my wife has a dancer on her lower back, the chat noir on her right bicep and she shares a tattoo with her sister and brother of the giving tree on her wrist. when they place there wrists together its forms the image of the cover with the tree and all in honor of there mother. my sister in law has two complete sleeves as well as a bunch of others while her brother covered his torso with a fighting cock he saw on some mma fighter (there cousin competes) as well as a couple of sleeves dedicated to literature such as the design in the paragraph breaks of gravitys rainbow among a bunch of others. we share a love of literature which is part of what brought us together in the first place. i would also love to have the covers of the decendents everything suxs album om my bicep as well. they all push for me to get one as one of there other cousins is a tat artist and gives mad discounts to family but ive just been unable to get over that barrier for some reason

I completely understand your anxiety, its not something I enjoy although nothing compares to giving birth with no pain relief lol!! Thank you for sharing your partner and her siblings tattoo, sounds amazing and what a tribute to their Mum. The wishing tree is that from the children's book?

I completely understand your anxiety, its not something I enjoy although nothing compares to giving birth with no pain relief lol!! Thank you for sharing your partner and her siblings tattoo, sounds amazing and what a tribute to their Mum. The wishing tree is that from the children's book?

yeah the giving tree is a book by shel silverstien (terrible band) i believe though its been a long time since ive seen it or looked at it. me and t is the underlying text below the image as the tree is supposed to be a symbol for mother. your childrens names kinda made me think of it. i dont know how to post an image on this netbook and im much to lazy and indifferent to look it up but heres a link if your curious to see the cover or an image from the book. this theres but it has the heart on the tree from the cover

http://chinese4kids.net/picture-book-in-chinese-the-giving-tree/

as well as a bunch of people who had the same idea though theres dont connect to make the image

https://www.google.com/search?q=the...Ro-Ch1Ghgpn#tbm=isch&q=the+giving+tree+tattoo

I only have one tattoo (not Morrissey related) It is an Anne Sexton quote underneath my ribs on my right side. I have always liked Anne Sexton's poetry, I feel close to it. I'm unsure if I will ever get a Morrissey tattoo, music tattoos seem too risky. I think as long as it has meaning for them, great. That's not to say that I haven't seen questionable tattoos: I dated someone with a tattoo of the Pearl Harbor Day kiss, but they were zombies, it took up the majority of her upper right arm. I asked her about it, but she only gave a cryptic answer and scoffed at me for not "getting it".

Last edited:
Tags
tattoo
Back
Top Bottom