Chrissie hynde's notes for "Viva Hate" on Liberty Records & Vinyl Matrix Message.

thank you!

I caved in and bought the album. What's worse, I'm so desperate to hear the remasters that I'm currently legally downloading it on iTunes, so I'll probably end up buying the CD when I return to England, like a complete and utter twat. Damn it... :(

Controversial I know...BUT...I have been listening to these sublime remaster all day and dare I admit it but I think Moz's decision to edit Late Night, Maudlin Street actually does improve it. The track feels tighter and more succinct. As with 'Ouija Board' last year I think his edit improves the track. As Joe said, the remaster sounds amazing.
When I first heard the song, I remember that it seemed a tad too long. Then I got so used to it, that I couldn't imagine it being shorter. So yes, it feels tighter and more succinct now, though the fade-out ending feels inevitably rushed, as it happens with most radio edits. Perhaps if someone listens to the shorter version first, the new ending will seem completely natural.

Back
Top Bottom