Johnny Marr: "I'll reform the Smiths"

I wish Johnny would stop saying these weird things and just do it. I know he wants to.

Well he can't do it on his own, can he?

Brazilian journal O Globo published an text about it, but they took it seriously although the journalist emphasized Marr's irony.

Johnny Marr promete reunir The Smiths se o governo renunciar
(Johnny Marr promisses to reform The Smiths if govermment steps down)

Pay attention and you will that the journalist spelled wrongly Morrissey's name.
Besides, "to reform" is translated to Portugueses as "reformar" which in my language is different of "to reunit".

first of all, Kewpie made me laugh with that gif(very Cornie-esque of her), ergo, that was funny(since that only happenes once or twice a year-meaning her making me lol, Cornie does it all the time)
now as to his(Marr) claim of reforming them(The Smiths), he can do it without Moz can't he?
legally I mean, I don't know British law on this, somebody(s) feel free to school me on this...

ps: sorry for all the usage of pronouns, its what I have been teaching all week

first of all, Kewpie made me laugh with that gif(very Cornie-esque of her), ergo, that was funny(since that only happenes once or twice a year-meaning her making me lol, Cornie does it all the time)
now as to his(Marr) claim of reforming them(The Smiths), he can do it without Moz can't he?
legally I mean, I don't know British law on this, somebody(s) feel free to school me on this...

ps: sorry for all the usage of pronouns, its what I have been teaching all week

Morrissey and Marr signed the original contract together, so Marr couldn't use "The Smiths" name without him.
And...well, "The Smiths" without Morrissey is the Healers. :straightface:

Never go back.

Even if they were writing new songs? It will never happen, of course... but God knows, we need someone to save us from Jesse Tobias.

Pretty sure I've said this before, but I'll say it again anyway: Do we really need any more Smiths and/or Morrissey songs? I'm happy with everything the Smiths released. What is it? 70 songs or something? I've been listening to them for nearly a decade and they sound as good today as they did sitting in my bedroom as a sexy young 16 year old, taking a break from masturbating. Morrissey solo has far surpassed that number of songs. Again, the ones I like are the ones I still listen to. There are plenty that I never listen to. So, technically, we have more than enough Morrissey songs.

I'm happy to buy the re-issues because I've got the bunse to buy them and like having them in my collection. If "the Smiths" reformed I'd go to see out of curiosity but it just seems a bit pointless. They can only take away from their legacy at this stage.

dont_need_to_be_on_topic.jpg

It a shame because he clearly wants it to happen.

Just say your sorry Johnny and that you miss him and that you'd love to write with him and hang out with him again and then send him some tracks then I reckon you'd probably get your wish....

It a shame because he clearly wants it to happen.

Just say your sorry Johnny and that you miss him and that you'd love to write with him and hang out with him again and then send him some tracks then I reckon you'd probably get your wish....

Yeah, but then...Morrissey might make him wear a bra onstage.

But then Johnny might introduce Morrissey to Just For Men. Swings and roundabouts.

:lbf: Oh God, I hope not. It suits Johnny (in that his "natural" colour hasn't made an appearance for so long I've forgotten what it looks like), but Moz would look horrific with dyed hair!

i am sure the band have more of a hand in it (or down it) than you imagine

:sick: eurgh.

:lbf: Oh God, I hope not. It suits Johnny (in that his "natural" colour hasn't made an appearance for so long I've forgotten what it looks like), but Moz would look horrific with dyed hair!

Does it really suit Johnny? I don't think Morrissey would look any worse than Johnny does with dyed hair. The only difference is that we are used to seeing Morrissey with greying hair so it would be more of a contrast. I think Johnny is getting to the point where the hair colour does not match the lines on the face. He's becoming Cher.
cher.jpeg

He's got a pretty healthy outlook on life. Very balanced, intelligent comments about his and Moz' relationship. "I'm not sure he wants to communicate..." - Come on Moz, drop him an email!
Can't someone hack into Moz's email? Here, I'll come up with the email.....someone just cut and paste it into an email from Moz and send to Johnny:

"Hi Johnny!

So good to hear from you.....I remember that day when you first "knocked" on my door and left that infamous nose print on my door. I forgive you bailing on me all those years ago when you went to LA for some R&R......if you come back, I promise not to make you play any Cilla Black songs....what do you say?

Signed-
Steven

PS: Boz who? :p"

Does it really suit Johnny? I don't think Morrissey would look any worse than Johnny does with dyed hair. The only difference is that we are used to seeing Morrissey with greying hair so it would be more of a contrast. I think Johnny is getting to the point where the hair colour does not match the lines on the face. He's becoming Cher.
cher.jpeg

:p Did you read what I put in brackets? I think it does suit him, because his face hasn't aged quite as obviously as Morrissey's (probably because he prefers fake-tanning to actually baking his skin)...but you're right that I'd faint from shock if I saw Johnny with a head of white hair. It 'suits him' because there have barely been 2-3 years in his whole career when it wasn't dyed black, even when he was clearly not grey in his early 20s. I think Johnny likes the idea of being a Peter Pan figure, and grey hair doesn't fit with that image. Still, I think he looks pretty well-preserved for a man approaching 50.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom