Viña del Mar - Viña del Mar Festival (Feb. 24, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Black Cloud / Speedway / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / People Are The Same Everywhere / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat Is Murder / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Scandinavia / You Have Killed Me / How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by an M-in-Oz. Setlist photo from the Colors Chile Facebook page, link posted by an anonymous person.

Backdrop

An anonymous person posted in the comments section (original post):

I found the backdrop online, if anyone was wondering about that. (flickr) It doesn't say who they are though, and I googled a bit and all I can find about who they are is 'unknown' so there you go. I guess nobody knows.

Affectionate Musicians

From the Google Historical-Pictorial group, contributed by member "osvaldo".

affectionate_musicians.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Article: Viña del Mar - Viña del Mar Festival (Feb. 24, 2011) post-show

what a LAME audience :S they were there just for the festival and NOT for MOZ, most had no clue about his songs :s pretty sad. But Moz was awesome, great voice, great setlist

That's not ture!! I was there and that's not true!!!

http://www.3tv.cl/index.php?m=video&v=22900

the proof that people from Chile hates Morrissey and do not respect him... what a shame, he should never comeback there. Shame on you chilenians!!!

are you from peru? come on, chilean fans lovessssssssssss morrissey!!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2423902176928

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3489528876864.2166817.1230748610&type=3

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3370091221252.2162555.1538387781&type=3

It is ironic that Morrissey is singing You're The One For Me Fatty with Boz in the band. He's massive!

Dear Boz: To us you are beautiful. You are a loyal friend of Morrisseys and a wonderful guitar player, song writer and performer. A quickie to say Thanks... Your very much appreciated here. That goes for the entire crew! Always...xox

Hi guys.

I was there yesterday and the show was FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Now, let me explain a few things about this festival:

When Morrissey was confirmed in Viña, nobody in Chile understood it. This is a popular festival, based in spanish or latin american music..................Reggeton, spanish balads or decadent english artists come every year.................It´s a shity place to perform.

So imagine our surprise!

The audience was weird, before Moz Salvatore Adamo sang, a 68 year italian grandfather so the audience was mixed.

I thought that the place would be empty when Moz began, but I was completely wrong, there where THOUSANDS of Moz fans, the Gig was really awesome!!!

First rows???

Well, authorities, models, juries............................we were in the back!!!

Today he is playing again, now in Santiago.

See you there!

Gave mic to some girl who said, "Gabyosa" Or something like that? "De Dios"? "Que cosa?" No clue. Spanish speakers help. "I Will See You In Far Off Places" now...

Ahhh, "Fabulosa", that's it. "Fabulous"

gabyosa = gaviota = seagull = the gift of the festival

los organizadores aceptaron las peticiones de Morrissey, él no tiene la culpa por exigir que se cumpla lo que pactaron, planearon mal los tiempos de presentación por artista, Moz tenía que salir antes de la 1 AM, está de tour y tiene que cuidarse. Te entiendo, pero la culpa es de quien concede, pero que bueno que lo viste. Saludos.
P.D. aunque fue muy claro que la gente que estaba ahi, sólo sabía 2 ó 3 canciones que fueron las que cantaron, la mayoría ni idea de Moz, eso es una falta de respeto también.
no se si sea tan asi, porque habian hartos fans, yo paguè platea y me pasè a palco, pude tomarle su mano , bailé y canté ahora no se si el set list fue el mejor, basta con mirar el del siguiente día

http://www.3tv.cl/index.php?m=video&v=22900

the proof that people from Chile hates Morrissey and do not respect him... what a shame, he should never comeback there. Shame on you chilenians!!!
Obviously you're not Chilean like me. The real Chilean fans LOVES MORRISSEY AND LOVES THE SMITHS, and the sold-out show at Arena Santiago, and the 2 succesful shows in Santiago in 2000 and 2004 proves it.

Some people who attend the festival (not Mozz fans) are totally WRONG. They should blame Chilevision (the TV Channel that broadcasts the festival) and not Mozz. Before Mozz started, Chilevision spend more than 10 minutes showing publicity!! Adamo extended his show more minutes than the necessary (Adamo can't sing properly, he's very old).

In Santiago, the real Chilean fans showed did express how much we love his music, and he said he wanted to live here and etc etc. Of course he should come back, and play in other cities also (in the north and in the south).

MORRISSEY PLEASE COME BACK SOON!!

Gave mic to some girl who said, "Gabyosa" Or something like that? "De Dios"? "Que cosa?" No clue. Spanish speakers help. "I Will See You In Far Off Places" now...

Ahhh, "Fabulosa", that's it. "Fabulous"

"Gaviota"........es un premio que se entrega en el Festival y que representa el ave marina tipica de la ciudad!!!

Engage your brain before posting your angry, badly-spelled rants?

And your just a troll. I didn't ask or want you to reply to my comment. thank you. Also "I'm Not Sorry" is a good song and I'm sorry your personal taste is a million miles different to mine, so sod off!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was also there and I can reassure the "real Moz fans" were at the back. We sang every single song and personally I feel shame for all those stupid people interviewed on tv saying that Moz was disrespectul and blah-blah-blah. I really think it was a great show and real Moz fans loved and enjoyed it!!!!

Scandinavia is sounding very Eurovision
What!! its 1 of his best original songs in a while (along with art-hounds) eurovision? it quotes like this that ruined this once excellent morrissey site.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom