Viña del Mar - Viña del Mar Festival (Feb. 24, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Black Cloud / Speedway / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / People Are The Same Everywhere / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat Is Murder / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Scandinavia / You Have Killed Me / How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by an M-in-Oz. Setlist photo from the Colors Chile Facebook page, link posted by an anonymous person.

Backdrop

An anonymous person posted in the comments section (original post):

I found the backdrop online, if anyone was wondering about that. (flickr) It doesn't say who they are though, and I googled a bit and all I can find about who they are is 'unknown' so there you go. I guess nobody knows.

Affectionate Musicians

From the Google Historical-Pictorial group, contributed by member "osvaldo".

affectionate_musicians.jpg

Last edited:
Life is kind if you make a decision. Live day by day-There's always the season.
I found someone who cares about me for real. I can't live in the past.
I have a family!
Everything must go, my daughter is real.
Being a mother is tough. Thank you and good-bye!

How Soon Is Now? First Of The Gang? Carol? Black f***ing cloud??? again?? for gods sake Morrissey. you have an ENTIRE CATAOLOGUE's worth of good songs. Stop playing the same boringgggg songs! You did them songs in 2009!!! at least go back to the early 2011 setlist! it had a few more better songs! at least Let Me Kiss You is there, that's a positive I suppose, Far off Places needs to be thrown though, agh why has it been ressurected from the dead for?....

what happened to Still Ill? :( BRING BACK "I'M NOT SORRY"!! :D

Your argument would carry more weight if a) you hadn't mentioned I'm Not Sorry, and b) you'd taken some notice of the ecstatic reception from the crowd who had not seen Morrissey in person for 12 years. We may have seen much of this set list played in USA and Europe, but there's no denying he gave the Chilean audience the edited highlights of the intervening years, plus the usual crowdpleasers. Still Ill was on the set list but not played due to time restrictions. Engage your brain before posting your angry, badly-spelled rants?

MULTI-PURPOSE MULTIPLE-CHOICE SO-LOW COMMENT FORM:
Please feel free to copy & paste and use for all comments on this forum. You'll find it saves time.

1) Morrissey looked -

tired / old / fat / bored / ill / like he didn't give a damn about his critics

2) The set list would be better if -

he didn't play anything post-Vauxhall / he only played Smiths songs / he only played the songs I like rather than the songs he wants to sing

3) The band would be better -

without Jesse / with Alain / if Boz lost weight / if they played the songs EXACTLY like the records

4) Morrissey's career would go better if -

he took on board all the comments and suggestions posted on So-Low / he could somehow magically transport himself back to the Vauxhall era and remain there / he reformed The Smiths / Boz lost weight

5) I'm going to -

give up on Morrissey (but will obviously keep posting here to say so) / send Boz some diet plans / get a life / stick my head in a gas oven and do the world a favor

Please feel free to copy & paste and use for all comments on this forum. You'll find it saves time.

1) Morrissey looked -

he didn't play anything post-Vauxhall / he only played Smiths songs / he only played the songs I like rather than the songs he wants to sing

without Jesse / with Alain / if Boz lost weight / if they played the songs EXACTLY like the records

he took on board all the comments and suggestions posted on So-Low / he could somehow magically transport himself back to the Vauxhall era and remain there / he reformed The Smiths / Boz lost weight

5) I'm going to -

give up on Morrissey (but will obviously keep posting here to say so) / send Boz some diet plans / get a life / stick my head in a gas oven and do the world a favor

I really hope those concerned take your advice to ( no ,not the gas oven bit) cut and paste your post to save us all both time and patience. Obviously , there are all sorts of criticisms/queries to make of the man and his music but, like you, I've grown underwhelmed by the repetition...

Last edited:
It is ironic that Morrissey is singing You're The One For Me Fatty with Boz in the band. He's massive!

Morrissey was Amazing. Pero faltaron tantos himnos por tocar¡¡¡ Yo esperaba Boxers ¡¡¡ waaaaa, De todas maneras fue un show excepcional. Sin lugar a dudas, lo único bueno del festival, cada vez más popular y con música desechable. GRANDE MORRISSEY SALVASTE VIÑA. Saludos desde Chile.

hey you south american people, the first and the last time, concerning this tour.

Morrissey-solo is an USA based website, for an English Legend who was in a Legendary UK band.

I try hard [as a Dutch old lunatic] to try to post english.

Please spanish speaking or other South American langauges, try as hard as I to type in English grammar

Southpaw:squiffy:

hey you south american people, the first and the last time, concerning this tour.

Morrissey-solo is an USA based website, for an English Legend who was in a Legendary UK band.

Please spanish speaking or other South American langauges, try as hard as I to type in English grammar

i'd rather read the Spanish postings, a language i have no understanding of, than your continually mindboggling drivel

Re: Article: Viña del Mar - Viña del Mar Festival (Feb. 24, 2011) post-show

Great prove? I'm guessing intelligence is not your first language?

Sad son,

Great prove? I'm guessing intelligence is not your first language?

we'll let you know

Zaista je nerazumljivo koliko si kratkovidan, Morrissey ima fanove diljem cijelog svijeta i sjajno je da svatko može napisati svoje mišljenje na materinjem jeziku. Uostalom, Mozz to i želi - imati prijatelje i ljubitelje njegove glazbe bilo gdje i bilo kad, što Solow vrlo često nije. Zbilja si slijepac!

Last edited by a moderator:
los organizadores aceptaron las peticiones de Morrissey, él no tiene la culpa por exigir que se cumpla lo que pactaron, planearon mal los tiempos de presentación por artista, Moz tenía que salir antes de la 1 AM, está de tour y tiene que cuidarse. Te entiendo, pero la culpa es de quien concede, pero que bueno que lo viste. Saludos.

1) Morrissey looked -

5) I'm going to -

Why do i came back to this Morrissey - Solo site and read this things over and over again :(

Maybe it's better to stop this site.

No pienso escribir en inglés porque mi inglés no es tan bueno, soy chilena y estoy molesta...me encanta morrissey lo esperé por años estuve adelante y me desilucionó la falta de respeto que hubo en el show de anoche de tener que cancelar la competencia de folklor por Morrissey, el que echara a un animador de tv de la primera fila de palco porque "no le cayo bien", donde está el respeto a las personas? me encanta el planteamiento del respeto por los animales pero que pasa por el respeto por los artistas?? oye! la gente se quedó maquillada lista para actuar!!! y todo por que morrissey no podía esperar 15 minutos para salir!!! no lo encuentro justo!!! por mucho que me guste morrissey no lo encuentro justo...desilucionada a morir...

los organizadores aceptaron las peticiones de Morrissey, él no tiene la culpa por exigir que se cumpla lo que pactaron, planearon mal los tiempos de presentación por artista, Moz tenía que salir antes de la 1 AM, está de tour y tiene que cuidarse. Te entiendo, pero la culpa es de quien concede, pero que bueno que lo viste. Saludos.
P.D. aunque fue muy claro que la gente que estaba ahi, sólo sabía 2 ó 3 canciones que fueron las que cantaron, la mayoría ni idea de Moz, eso es una falta de respeto también.

It is ironic that Morrissey is singing You're The One For Me Fatty with Boz in the band. He's massive!

The only thing ironic is that you still exist.Isn't it? Imbecile. Still Ill? Yes Morrissey is a"massively" beautiful,handsome,and attractive man.Isn't it? "Massively" thin as well. And he doesn't give a f*** if these he/she "plants",like yourself, walking talking stalkers full of shit fans,"fans" say,conjure up about him.btw just how many names do you have on here? Ninety-eight?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom