Viña del Mar - Viña del Mar Festival (Feb. 24, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Black Cloud / Speedway / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / People Are The Same Everywhere / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat Is Murder / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Scandinavia / You Have Killed Me / How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by an M-in-Oz. Setlist photo from the Colors Chile Facebook page, link posted by an anonymous person.

Backdrop

An anonymous person posted in the comments section (original post):

I found the backdrop online, if anyone was wondering about that. (flickr) It doesn't say who they are though, and I googled a bit and all I can find about who they are is 'unknown' so there you go. I guess nobody knows.

Affectionate Musicians

From the Google Historical-Pictorial group, contributed by member "osvaldo".

affectionate_musicians.jpg

Last edited:
Polemic Morrissey's show in Chile... an impartial opinion?

http://cor.to/MozOPINION

Amazing, I hit the translation button at the top of the page.

...uproar was immediate, with a Quinta Vergara turned into a large-scale replica of the disco Blondie, with young broomrape, lens thickness, dark and melancholy spirit façade.

It's like an old Bowie cut-up lyric.

Re: Article: Viña del Mar - Viña del Mar Festival (Feb. 24, 2011) post-show

Sad son,

Mr Jesse Tobias is fantastic guitar player. Considering live act, he is one of the best in the world. Great prove of that fact is this Chilean concert. Magnificant from first to the last song. "There's A Light"? Delightful delivery, indeed!
The band is so amazing. It is pure joy to listen.

we'll let you know

Great prove? I'm guessing intelligence is not your first language?

How can Boz keep a straight face playing "You're the one for me fatty"?

"We hope God will help the people of Syria, because nobody else is".

"america IS NOT THE WORLD" only bullies like hitler pick on smaller countries for some kind of cheap thrill. And look what happened to hitler!
So Syria, if the usa doesn't bomb you, maybe I will see you in far off places!

I didn't think it was actually possible but Boz is even fatter. Normal size guitars look like banjos or ukeleles on him.

I think the sound was awesome. You can clearly hear the crowd so into it and singing along.

(Loved the visuals with them Chilean hotties too by the way ;)

just finished watching it - i too thought the sound was good , gustavo has made a difference - the guitar licks (can i say licks ?) in "carol" along with the mariachi trumpet have added another layer to the live sound - moz seemed to enjoy himself , and those front row hotties have got to be tv company plants !!

No pienso escribir en inglés porque mi inglés no es tan bueno, soy chilena y estoy molesta...me encanta morrissey lo esperé por años estuve adelante y me desilucionó la falta de respeto que hubo en el show de anoche de tener que cancelar la competencia de folklor por Morrissey, el que echara a un animador de tv de la primera fila de palco porque "no le cayo bien", donde está el respeto a las personas? me encanta el planteamiento del respeto por los animales pero que pasa por el respeto por los artistas?? oye! la gente se quedó maquillada lista para actuar!!! y todo por que morrissey no podía esperar 15 minutos para salir!!! no lo encuentro justo!!! por mucho que me guste morrissey no lo encuentro justo...desilucionada a morir...

How Soon Is Now? First Of The Gang? Carol? Black f***ing cloud??? again?? for gods sake Morrissey. you have an ENTIRE CATAOLOGUE's worth of good songs. Stop playing the same boringgggg songs! You did them songs in 2009!!! at least go back to the early 2011 setlist! it had a few more better songs! at least Let Me Kiss You is there, that's a positive I suppose, Far off Places needs to be thrown though, agh why has it been ressurected from the dead for?....

what happened to Still Ill? :( BRING BACK "I'M NOT SORRY"!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Anonymous 01:11 (excuse me for my Spanish):
Yo vi en Ustream a Daniel Munoz y 3x7 Ventiuna y fue para mi una sorpresa fantastica, un regalo estupendo para todos los extranjeros que no conocian estas maravillas. Y si que fue demasiado corto y si que yo esperaba mucho mas folklor. Ademas, el show de Adamo me parecio un poco tampoco largo. Luego entendi que, conforme al contrato, el show de Morrisey debia empezar a 00:30, asi que no creo que es culpa del artista si los organizadores no fueron capaces de proporcionar suficiente tiempo para todos los invitados. En cuanto el incidente con Cristian Sanchez, no se que creer: en el site del festival escriben que Sanchez se quedo en el publico bailando y Morrissey creyo que se estaba burlando de el (probablemente porque todos los otros jurados se fueron) y este fue el motivo. Pero, si me permite, para mi la peor cosa no fueron estos incidentes, sino la bandera de su pais colocada detras de sus jeans.

No pienso escribir en inglés porque mi inglés no es tan bueno, soy chilena y estoy molesta...me encanta morrissey lo esperé por años estuve adelante y me desilucionó la falta de respeto que hubo en el show de anoche de tener que cancelar la competencia de folklor por Morrissey, el que echara a un animador de tv de la primera fila de palco porque "no le cayo bien", donde está el respeto a las personas? me encanta el planteamiento del respeto por los animales pero que pasa por el respeto por los artistas?? oye! la gente se quedó maquillada lista para actuar!!! y todo por que morrissey no podía esperar 15 minutos para salir!!! no lo encuentro justo!!! por mucho que me guste morrissey no lo encuentro justo...desilucionada a morir...

Entonces haz de saber que tambien estaban apunto de faltarle el respeto a Morrissey, pues el solo pidio que se respetara su contrato al salir a la hora que el dijo. Que iba a hacer la televisora?Atrasar su acto por que todavia faltaba la competencia folclórica. Asi que aqui los unicos culpables son los responsables del evento que no iban a respetar las peticiones del artista.

English:

You must also know that they were about to disrespect Morrissey, for he only asked for his contract to be followed: to perform at the hour he asked for. What were the broadcast people about to do? Make him wait because the dancing competition was to perform at his asked time. The only guilty people here are the representatives of the event for not respecting the artist petition.

Pues el español no es tu fuerte tampoco. DesiluSión es con S.

I've just watched a bit more today. "I Want The One I Can't Have" is simply outstanding. Nothing less than that. Oh yes, it's going to be a good tour for Morrissey.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom