Viña del Mar - Viña del Mar Festival (Feb. 24, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Black Cloud / Speedway / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / People Are The Same Everywhere / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat Is Murder / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Scandinavia / You Have Killed Me / How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by an M-in-Oz. Setlist photo from the Colors Chile Facebook page, link posted by an anonymous person.

Backdrop

An anonymous person posted in the comments section (original post):

I found the backdrop online, if anyone was wondering about that. (flickr) It doesn't say who they are though, and I googled a bit and all I can find about who they are is 'unknown' so there you go. I guess nobody knows.

Affectionate Musicians

From the Google Historical-Pictorial group, contributed by member "osvaldo".

affectionate_musicians.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Article: Viña del Mar - Viña del Mar Festival (Feb. 24, 2011) post-show

I love you too, sugartits.

I'm actually quite baffled as to what you've got against me, being that I haven't spoken to you in over a month - and that was when you utterly embarrassed yourself trying to prove that Morrissey is straight. It's obvious that you enjoy trying to get a rise out of people, but for what? Do Morrissey's jeans mean that much to you? :straightface:

what a lame audience :s they were there just for the festival and not for moz, most had no clue about his songs :s pretty sad. But moz was awesome, great voice, great setlist

horrible crowd at the show

what a LAME audience :S they were there just for the festival and NOT for MOZ, most had no clue about his songs :s pretty sad. But Moz was awesome, great voice, great setlist

I think many people were there for Moz, just not in the front seats were the camera could show them (He actually walked to one of the sides of the stage to shake some hands. Those were true fans).

People in the front seats were probably invited by the companies that sponsor the show, the show organization itself, etc. They're probably famous, or come from prominent Chilean families, or simply have money. Most of the women the camera showed were more worried about looking good on TV than watching Moz. I'd say they were lame, not the whole audience.

Gave mic to some girl who said, "Gabyosa" Or something like that? "De Dios"? "Que cosa?" No clue. Spanish speakers help. "I Will See You In Far Off Places" now...

Ahhh, "Fabulosa", that's it. "Fabulous"

gaviota

Gave mic to some girl who said, "Gabyosa" Or something like that? "De Dios"? "Que cosa?" No clue. Spanish speakers help. "I Will See You In Far Off Places" now...

Ahhh, "Fabulosa", that's it. "Fabulous"

She said Seagull, a silver or gold trophy, which flatters the public to artists who are outstanding. Morrissey, NOT ACCEPTED receive trophies, long before going on stage.

The show was about to be canceled due to lateness of the Festival.

SNIFFFFFFFFFffffff

I Will See You In Far-Off Places? Why on earth is he playing this clunker.

it's a pretty obvious song to play in a far-off place and it's one of the better songs from that record to hear live, in my opinion.

To the site, I LOVE watching a little commercial for Pizza Hut, in order to post here.

STAY CLASSY!

To the site, I LOVE watching a little commercial for Pizza Hut, in order to post here.

STAY CLASSY!

Really? This is a genius solution then...except that trolls generally love pizza. :D

So great. Really awesome set. Great to be able to watch this online. Thanks for posting the link.

Did anybody rip this? Can we expect an audio of this concert? Props to the comment about Australia and New Zealand; I suppose we can all dream.......

The crowd is amazing, what are people talking about!? Major chanting after Everyday is Like Sunday. Great, epic feeling to the interaction with the front rows.
With the setting and sound quality this could be released as a standalone video release as is.
Morrissey on fine, fine, form...oh yes.

The crowd is amazing, what are people talking about!? Major chanting after Everyday is Like Sunday. Great, epic feeling to the interaction with the front rows.
With the setting and sound quality this could be released as a standalone video release as is.
Morrissey on fine, fine, form...oh yes.

Yes, I agree. I thought the crowd were very in to it and vocal. Lots of singing along

Yes, I agree. I thought the crowd were very in to it and vocal. Lots of singing along

Very true but a huge portion of the sales are lost by this bring webcast. I have a feeling a decent enough quality copy will source ruining any chance of this getting a proper release.

Anyone who defends the indefensible Jesse Tobias ought to pay attention to his horrid guitar playing on "There's A Light".

WTF is he doing on that song?!? It's like ping, ping, ping.

Holy smokes that guy sucks. It's never ending with him. He's truly a bad fit for Morrissey. I'm so f'ing tired of Jesse Tobias.

Anyone who defends the indefensible Jesse Tobias ought to pay attention to his horrid guitar playing on "There's A Light".

Holy smokes that guy sucks. It's never ending with him. He's truly a bad fit for Morrissey. I'm so f'ing tired of Jesse Tobias.

I agree the guitar sound for this gig is a bit tinny but does that have more to do with the sound engineers( both in Morrissey's crew and the festival technicians) and the actual mix as adjusted and then broadcast/streamed by the particular station?

Sad son,

Mr Jesse Tobias is fantastic guitar player. Considering live act, he is one of the best in the world. Great prove of that fact is this Chilean concert. Magnificant from first to the last song. "There's A Light"? Delightful delivery, indeed!
The band is so amazing. It is pure joy to listen.

we'll let you know

I'm actually quite baffled as to what you've got against me, being that I haven't spoken to you in over a month - and that was when you utterly embarrassed yourself trying to prove that Morrissey is straight. It's obvious that you enjoy trying to get a rise out of people, but for what? Do Morrissey's jeans mean that much to you? :straightface:

Honey,

Morrissey's denim? Pure dandy pair. Brilliant choice!

we'll let you know

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom