• You bet. Boz has oodles of new songs for Morrisey. At least seven

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • We'll get four or five new ones.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Lucky if we get one or two

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

Librarian On Fire

With Morrissey and the boys having around six months off since they came off the road, there's a strong chance that Boz has written some new songs. Songs from last years tour like "Art Hounds", "People Are The Same Everywhere" and "Scandinavia" might become regular songs in the set list. Unlikely as it seems, some might be consigned to having an entry in the next reprint of Mozpedia along with the note, "never recorded".

Are we all getting excited thinking that there will be lots of new songs emerging slowly as the tour progresses. Or we'll be lucky only to get two or three new ones? My feeling is that we can by the end of the tour see around seven or eight new songs. Enough for a short album, running in at 35 minutes.

This tour is going to see Morrissey much more happier than last year. He's certainly being treated like a celebrity already in Chile. He's going to love this attention and devotion. Much better than the sour after taste of some of last year's tour incidents.

With Morrissey and the boys having around six months off since they came off the road, there's a strong chance that Boz has written some new songs. Songs from last years tour like "Art Hounds", "People Are The Same Everywhere" and "Scandinavia" might become regular songs in the set list. Unlikely as it seems, some might be consigned to having an entry in the next reprint of Mozpedia along with the note, "never recorded".

Are we all getting excited thinking that there will be lots of new songs emerging slowly as the tour progresses. Or we'll be lucky only to get two or three new ones? My feeling is that we can by the end of the tour see around seven or eight new songs. Enough for a short album, running in at 35 minutes.

This tour is going to see Morrissey much more happier than last year. He's certainly being treated like a celebrity already in Chile. He's going to love this attention and devotion. Much better than the sour after taste of some of last year's tour incidents.

Do you mean new songs, or new new songs?
We've heard 5 unreleased songs so far - Action, People, Scandi, Art Hound, and Kid. Kid seems to have been dropped and Art Hound has only had one outing to date. The other 3 have featured pretty frequently.
When you predict 7 or 8, presumably that's including the 5 above?
We know Morrissey has an album's worth but the question is whether he wants to preview any more. I'd hope for at least 2 but that might be wishful thinking as there were no extra ones previewed on the second leg of last year's tour (and we've just had a similar size gap, I think).
Anyway, it's good to see Moz touring new places and seemingly in good spirits, even without more new stuff. I was worried he was gonna spend 2012 just doing battle with the NME...

Do you mean new songs, or new new songs?
We've heard 5 unreleased songs so far - Action, People, Scandi, Art Hound, and Kid. Kid seems to have been dropped and Art Hound has only had one outing to date. The other 3 have featured pretty frequently.
When you predict 7 or 8, presumably that's including the 5 above?
We know Morrissey has an album's worth but the question is whether he wants to preview any more. I'd hope for at least 2 but that might be wishful thinking as there were no extra ones previewed on the second leg of last year's tour (and we've just had a similar size gap, I think).
Anyway, it's good to see Moz touring new places and seemingly in good spirits, even without more new stuff. I was worried he was gonna spend 2012 just doing battle with the NME...

Sorry, I meant the debut of songs that we haven't heard yet. Perhaps by the end of the tour we would have heard maybe two or three. You are correct in thinking that Morrissey doesn't want to show all his cards yet.

Back
Top Bottom