Morrisey is already in Chile.

mmi

Morrisey is already in Chile. He arrived in Santiago at 13:05 and is filed Friday in # Viña2012

He should cover a Billy Bragg song on Friday to mark the occasion - just Moz, no backing...

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Godspeed to Morrissey in far-off places! Perhaps those there to whom we're far-off would kindly share some Chillean lore and vital statistics to plug us into the vibe. :flowers::guitar:

Godspeed to Morrissey in far-off places! Perhaps those there to whom we're far-off would kindly share some Chillean lore and vital statistics to plug us into the vibe. :flowers::guitar:

If you were to line everyone in Chile up on each other's shoulders, they would reach the moon and back. Probably.

Lovely photo, he seems bemused :). I don't think he looks any older than usual - he's just not pretending to be 20 like most musicians of his age (*cough* Johnny *cough*). That fan is being quite bold, wrapping her arms around him like that :cool:

Last edited:
Lovely photo, he seems bemused :). I don't think he looks any older than usual - he's just not pretending to be 20 like most musicians of his age (*cough* Johnny *cough*). That fan is being quite bold, wrapping her arms around him like that :cool:
Yes, Johnny certainly dies his hair and dresses like a student. Morrissey seemed to stay forever young until about 10 years ago, but now I couldn't say he looks young for 52 to be honest. I don't mean to sound unkind

He does look a bit pale. Probably the long flight.

He does look a bit pale. Probably the long flight.

This. He looks perfect. I'm not sure how I feel about La Bamba Red-dye getting cozy with him. :mad:

A big thank you for our correspondent in Chile. I think Moz looks pretty good. The silver hair on the temples suits him and he has aged reasonably well. I also do like the black jersey and white shirt. Very smart casual. It’s not that same jersey from that photo suit in Rome which was used in the recent release of “The Very Best of Morrissey” was it? Those elbows could be getting worn a bit thin.

That could have been me in Auckland with him. Mumble, mumble.

Old blue eyes, meant in the best possible way.
He looks very happy. Good for Chile!

Edit: Watching the Youtube TV segment on his Chile arrival on the main page, it's clear that Morrissey still walks like a young man. His eyes still have that spark. His mind obviously hasn't softened.
He's just chosen not to overdo the "anti-aging" things. I think Johnny looks good, too (better in suit jacket than 20-something fashion, though). It's up to the person how they present themselves.
But The Mozfather should have some stateliness. Botox, excessive hair-dyeing and face sculpting would be very odd on him IMO. He does look good with a bit of tan, though! Guess he's been shut indoors for a while, hah.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom