What is your definiton of a racist?

Since Morrissey has had his share of being labelled a racist along with a lot of people out there I thought it would be interesting to ask his fanbase what your definition of a racist is?

My definition is a person who wants to erase all other races but his own all over the world and not just in that persons own country. Not because that person can define why or relate it to certain issues and problems but because that person just feels the world is a better place if only his own race is left in it.

I think that's a good definition of a racist.

People are quick to confuse sexists and bigots with racists.
Most prejudice people are bigots but not racist such as "I'd never date a black guy" but they aren't looking to wipe out Africa.

On a side note, I never thought of Moz as a racist.
He's more likely just so in his own skin, uncomfortable relating to others, etc. that being around different people is awkward thus the lyric "Life is hard enough when you belong here".
If you already stand out in your hometown you might necessarily feel any better being displaced from Alabama to North Korea.

Besides, people claimed Stephin Merrit was racist for not liking Beyonce. He likes Abba. He has different musical taste.

Last edited:

Most prejudice people are bigots but not racist such as "I'd never date a black guy" but they aren't looking to wipe out Africa.

He's more likely just so in his own skin, uncomfortable relating to others, etc. that being around different people is awkward thus the lyric "Life is hard enough when you belong here".
If you already stand out in your hometown you might necessarily feel any better being displaced from Alabama to North Korea.

Besides, people claimed Stephin Merrit was racist for not liking Beyonce. He likes Abba. He has different musical taste.

You might have explained the whole Morrissey "racism" thing quite well there. It changed my mind and I think you are right.

Like :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom