Alain Whyte and Moz. What happened?

Alain has had a back injury that has been recurrent and unpredictable : he mentioned in an interview after leaving the band that there were multiple occasions that Moz came very close to cancelling shows as Alain couldn't play/carry a guitar - getting slapped on the back on an American tour by a fan caused a recurrence of this in 99? 02? It could be that this happened again in the midst of a big tour and "the show must go on", to coin a phrase.

I'd been wondering along the same lines. Did Alain's recurrent back injury leave Morrissey /his management unable to obtain insurance for the various tours and, hence, liable to massive out-of-pocket expenses from enraged promoters/organisers should a multi-gig cancellation occur ? It would be nice to know (officially , for once) what exactly went on...

I'd been wondering along the same lines. Did Alain's recurrent back injury leave Morrissey /his management unable to obtain insurance for the various tours and, hence, liable to massive out-of-pocket expenses from enraged promoters/organisers should a multi-gig cancellation occur ? It would be nice to know (officially , for once) what exactly went on...

Linked into this was the thought he developed a need for the medication for this issue, leading to potential issues raised earlier in the thread. At that Dublin Castle gig, he seemed a lot more outlandish than usual. But I have the upmost respect for Alain and his talents, as the decision to fade him into the background was where Morrissey started on the downward spiral. Probably one of the worst decisions during his solo career.

Linked into this was the thought he developed a need for the medication for this issue, leading to potential issues raised earlier in the thread. At that Dublin Castle gig, he seemed a lot more outlandish than usual. But I have the upmost respect for Alain and his talents, as the decision to fade him into the background was where Morrissey started on the downward spiral. Probably one of the worst decisions during his solo career.

Have we just solved the mystery ? As you suggest , a painkiller dependence may, indeed, tie in with some of those posts from years back mentioning supposedly peculiar behaviours.
Needless to say , I'm not speculating in this vein as part of some dreary effort to stir the pot. Rather, I'm genuinely curious and perhaps even a bit taken aback that Alain disappeared from the live shows without there ever being much of an explanation (of course, I don't, for a moment, think I am somehow owed that).

Enjoyed the thoughtful post.

Last edited:
Re:

By your rationale someone ought to tell Solomon Walker his days are numbered. :horny:

Solomon-Walker.jpg

pfft. he looks terrible. If only his days were numbered....with Tobias and the rest of them.

I bet Morrissey kicked Alain out, just like he's done with absolutely everyone else he has met apart from Boz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom