The Man City thread

Yes people, this place needs a thread that follows Man City and their last steps to that elusive glory at last. Finally all the talk and predictions will end and we can turn a leaf and move on as City lifts the trophy and confirms the north wests stranglehold on the Premier League.

I cannot think of a club or fans that deserve this title more than Manchester City and their fans do. Having met so many many over the years I know they have always been a very positive bunch of people who have taken setbacks like good people do and moved on. I have been sent match programmes from City fans I just happened to give my address to and shared many pints with local office workers after their working day was over talking about football.

Sadly abroad media choose to focus on the bad side of the rivalry simply because they do not get the type of banter and tongue-in-cheek humour that the area is famous for. Media in Sweden reports on this rivalry in a very serious way as if they were describing the war in the middle east. It is a fact that the vast part of the worlds football fans want to see City win this season. It is natural that after the dominance Man United have had for so many years it is exciting to see the nearest rival finally win the league.

Among United fans it is evident that there is a love for City manager Mancini or Bobby Manc as we prefer to call him. The man has nothing bad about him at all and doesn't need the bag of tricks that Mourinho needed to make Chelsea champions. Still, it is very likely that those two men will square up against each other as I personally is absolutely sure that Jose Mourinho will be the man taking over when Sir Alex packs it in.

So here it is the thread that celebrates Manchester City as they slowly but surely get nearer to their first ever Premier League championship. The scenes when it happens will be amazing and the world will watch and wonder if this is the start of a new era and if they can defend the title and add yet more silverware.

We shall see....

Re: The Manchester City FC champions 2012 thread!

According to my predictions City will be clear at the top by 8 points after the next 2 games have been played. Man United will not have any of the two goalkeepers available on Tuesday night when Stoke visit because De Gea is ill (thank God) and Lindegaard left the training on Monday on crutches after hurting a foot badly. This leaves United with 3rd and 4th choice keepers Ben Amos and that polish keeper whose name I cannot spell correct and who surprisingly is still at the club.

Seems the injuries are now more of a joke than a setback and fans are now wanting the physio team to resign with immediate effect.

I just wanna point out that this is NOT an attempt to jinx City in favour for United cause I am certain that United will not even finish second. This is about celebrating City's upcoming success and build up a thread along the way filled with praise and debate about the club winning the title at last. I don't know if you people saw the documentary about ex-United player Eric Cantona but that showed how divided Manchester is and sometimes even families and how many nice City fans there are who have been going through hell over the years.

The way some of them treated Cantona as he visited their homes shows the type of great mentality and compassion that I have also met over the years despite the rivalry from City fans. Manchester City are worthy champions of the Premier League 2012!

I agree with you it would be great for the City fans.
I agree they deserve some success after the years without.
But it's nowhere near won yet.
They haven't looked that good the last few weeks,in fact some of the City players want a kick up the backside.
They look very pretty going forward,but when it comes to digging in for a result they don't seem to have the stomach for a fight.
Over the next few weeks the run of fixtures gives City the chance to pull away a bit.
But don't ever rule Utd out.They will fight right to the end as they have proved year after year.
I feel that City should do it,but what if they don't?
There is no long term base built.
I don't think the present group there have the heart to go again.
The club can of course,because it has the money to try again with a new group of players?
I'll watch the game tonight.
Goodison (tonight)and Villa park(two weeks time) are hard places to win at.
The problem is although draws are a good result at these places,City fans would see it as a loss.
They don't have the experience to realize that the trophy is not given out till May.
It's bouncing back after disappointing results is what counts.Utd are past masters at it.
Time will tell.

I think United have the long term (short term?) problem of what to do after Ferguson leaves. Uniteds ongoing success is down to having one of the best managers of all time and surely he can only have a season or two left. Either they will look in house (who is his number2?) or they will do a Chelsea and look for the most successful manager on the continent. Rumour has suggested Mourinho, but the timing would have to be right. He wants to work in Blighty but he wouldn't wait for Ferguson to retire if he became available soon.
United have been on top for so long that their inevitible decline is hard to accept.

Have I missed something:D
So many soothsayer's here.
Lotterys numbers please.
So, you think United will stay at the top in perpetuity? 'My eyes are open' says your Avatar. Really?
Look, nothing lasts forever, you do not have to be a soothsayer to know that. United have had 15 years? at the top, this period of success has to pass.
Ofcourse you may be one of the religously devoted fans that brook no downside at all. If this is the case then ofcourse United will win everything for ever and I apologise for doubting the gods that are Manchester United.

I agree with you it would be great for the City fans.
I agree they deserve some success after the years without.
But it's nowhere near won yet.
They haven't looked that good the last few weeks,in fact some of the City players want a kick up the backside.
They look very pretty going forward,but when it comes to digging in for a result they don't seem to have the stomach for a fight.
Over the next few weeks the run of fixtures gives City the chance to pull away a bit.
But don't ever rule Utd out.They will fight right to the end as they have proved year after year.
I feel that City should do it,but what if they don't?
There is no long term base built.
I don't think the present group there have the heart to go again.
The club can of course,because it has the money to try again with a new group of players?
I'll watch the game tonight.
Goodison (tonight)and Villa park(two weeks time) are hard places to win at.
The problem is although draws are a good result at these places,City fans would see it as a loss.
They don't have the experience to realize that the trophy is not given out till May.
It's bouncing back after disappointing results is what counts.Utd are past masters at it.
Time will tell.

You are right in many ways here but I see the win over Spurs when everything went there way as the turning point. City will not fear Everton and Villa away who have been terrible and I bet every side in the league would like to play away against those two now. You simply cannot look away from Uniteds injuries and now they don't even have their first choice keepers available.

I predict a handsome 3-0 win for City tonight and I have not decided yet but I would not be surprised if Stoke actually win tonight but it should end in a draw.

You are right in many ways here but I see the win over Spurs when everything went there way as the turning point. City will not fear Everton and Villa away who have been terrible and I bet every side in the league would like to play away against those two now. You simply cannot look away from Uniteds injuries and now they don't even have their first choice keepers available.

I predict a handsome 3-0 win for City tonight and I have not decided yet but I would not be surprised if Stoke actually win tonight but it should end in a draw.
Yeah, I fear a Stoke win aswell. They are a strong team and United and so inconsistant at the moment. They really should have beat Blackburn a few weeks back. Premiership contenders do not lose at home to the bottom club.

So, you think United will stay at the top in perpetuity? 'My eyes are open' says your Avatar. Really?
Look, nothing lasts forever, you do not have to be a soothsayer to know that. United have had 15 years? at the top, this period of success has to pass.
Ofcourse you may be one of the religously devoted fans that brook no downside at all. If this is the case then ofcourse United will win everything for ever and I apologise for doubting the gods that are Manchester United.

People have been saying it is over for United for so many years now but as we look back they have had off seasons only to bounce back and win something. The challenge from City have made United better as they have more points at this stage of the season than they had at this stage last season. United had a great start that was down to City setting the standards so in that sense it has been a challenge that has been inspiring.

I feel that the difference between the squads is huge and much bigger than some suggest and that is of course in favour of City. City might break the 90 points barrier but according to my predictions of the games left they will win the league by reaching 86 points.

People have been saying it is over for United for so many years now but as we look back they have had off seasons only to bounce back and win something. The challenge from City have made United better as they have more points at this stage of the season than they had at this stage last season. United had a great start that was down to City setting the standards so in that sense it has been a challenge that has been inspiring.

I feel that the difference between the squads is huge and much bigger than some suggest and that is of course in favour of City. City might break the 90 points barrier but according to my predictions of the games left they will win the league by reaching 86 points.
Yeah Urban, but don't you think that the departure of Ferguson (which has to happen within the next couple of seasons) will mark the end of this period of success?
To believe a new manager will step in and they will carry on with the same success is, in my opinion, unrealistic.

inevitable decline is hard to accept.

United have had 15 years? at the top, this period of success has to pass.

My eyes are open,I just don't think it's"inevitable"
With the money involved nowadays I don't predict Utd,City or Chelsea falling from grace for a while yet.

With 2 hours to go, I am still here waiting for Tevez to come and join AC MILAN.
Cheers Moz

I have no idea what you guys are talking about but Madonna is playing the halftime show of our Superbowl this weekend. :blushing: :p SHould be full of anomolistic hilarity and puppetry!

I have no idea what you guys are talking about but Madonna is playing the halftime show of our Superbowl this weekend. :blushing: :p SHould be full of anomolistic hilarity and puppetry!
Hey The Superb CrystalGeezer. We are talking football, not that strange variation that you guys have in the States but Soccer, the beautiful game!

Hey The Superb CrystalGeezer. We are talking football, not that strange variation that you guys have in the States but Soccer, the beautiful game!

Yeah but your ball is shaped like a testicle and our ball is shaped like a mandorla or almond or VAGINA which is AWESOME!

I have no idea what you guys are talking about
That's OK nobody expects you too.
Manchester United have been the most successful side in english football in the the last 20 years.
Manchester City have been taken over by an Arab.
They have spent £100's of millions on some of the best players from around the world.
Having beaten Manchester United last season in the FA cup and going on to win the cup.
The fans now expect to win the league.
They beat Manchester United 6-1 earlier in the season at Manchester Uniteds home ground.
They met again in the FA cup again a few weeks ago,but this time they were beaten 2-3
It's the first time in 40 years that Manchester City have got anywhere near winning the league and the fans think it's going to happen this year.
But history tells us that Manchester United have a nack of coming very strong at the end of the season.
Having won the league many times,Manchester United have this experience on their side.
The fixture list looks kinder to Manchester City over the next few weeks so they are hoping to build a lead up.
Again history tells us this is not always the case.

Football as played all over the world,bears no resemblance to football in America.
Proper football is played in the states,but you lot call it soccer.
Why?
Because Association football doesn't suit your TV company's.
Well that's what we're told over here.
Apparently it's very popular in the schools over there.

That's OK nobody expects you too.

Full disclosure? I often play dumb. But I really don't know what you are talking about when it comes to trading players and whatnot, those names aren't in our sports page so I don't recognize them. That is all.

Full disclosure? I often play dumb. But I really don't know what you are talking about when it comes to trading players and whatnot, those names aren't in our sports page so I don't recognize them. That is all.
No sweat Crystal your "Sure as eggs are eggs"
That's a very old phrase I'm sure our good friend will know it even if you don't.

Back
Top Bottom