The Man City thread

Re: The Manchester City FC champions 2012 thread!

City stole the headlines for about 5 days but now the headlines and talk is all about Chelsea whose success makes what City achieved pale into insignificance. Chelsea won it for the first time as the first London club to win the trophy and they won the FA Cup as well.

It is going to be interesting to see Chelsea with all their experience take on City at Wembley a week before the start of the new season. Chelsea are the Kings of Europe and deep down all City fans wanted Bayern to win like they did in 1999 cause they are gutted that Chelsea stole all the medias attention.

City didn't prove enough this season and were incredibly lucky and are still to win a league title convincingly and they have never defended a league title.

I felt in the Chelsea game that after the first 25 which I agree City moved the ball lovely and maybe should have scored more.
But when the real battle started 2nd half one or two players "went missing"
It was a cold winter night with the rain belting down and a couple of City players didn't "fancy it"much.
Everything about Balotelli has been said.
At this moment I think your stuck with him.(who'd want to buy him)
If more players come in then maybe,just maybe he'll finally understand he's not the one man show.
As to Tevez his ability is not in doubt.
But without doubt his attitude is.
When I seen him cupping his hands at Alex(when wanting a new contract at Old Trafford) I thought to myself,you won't be there next year son.
As to Colin Bell he was everything that is said about him.
A thoroughbred of a player who just ghosted around the field.
He had a wonderful touch and his behaviour and attitude was spot on.
He was a great loss to the England and the game.
If ever there was a reason to hate Man u that would be a good reason.
If I remember correctly it was a tackle in a Utd game that put him out.
I think it was a league cup game that City won 4-0
I might be mistaken but it doesn't happen often:D:D

Martin 'bastard' Buchan.
You are right about loss to England too - the season before England stuffed Scotland 5-1 and looking good. Colin Bell and Gerry Francis ran the show. The following season both were seriously injured and England once again failed to qualify for the quarter finals of the Euro Nations cup for 1976 and the World Cup 78. The pair were very much missed.

JJ

Yes I know what you mean.
Like all the ones leaving the QPR game before it was finished and missing all the sheer joy them last two goals gave.
There are always fans who leave before the end for all sorts of reasons,but them ones are the ones you don't want.
As to the general mood in the squad,that's been hidden a bit because of the win.
Otherwise there would have been some inquests being held against certain players and their non team attitude.
There are still I feel players at City who haven't quite got the team mentality yet.
I felt the losses at Chelsea and Arsenal showed this.
There are on the other hand some really good team players.
It's a tricky balance keeping top players happy when they are not playing.

Much is being made about the fans who left early...they weren't leaving in droves, a handful of fans left. Certainly not like the thousands that left at Old Trafford whilst they were taking a hammering from City.

Much is being made about the fans who left early...they weren't leaving in droves, a handful of fans left. Certainly not like the thousands that left at Old Trafford whilst they were taking a hammering from City.

puffers - that's a bit harsh on the rags that left early at the 1-6. They clearly had alarm bells ringing in their heads about what was happening to their mighty team - and thought it was a fire alarm test at the stadium and left accordingly ;)

In the meantime, I see these shirts are going quite cheap in the sales......

JJ
$%28KGrHqMOKkUE7DdFZJ,BBPi-foT2Zg~~60_12.JPG

Haha them shirts are ace...bet our Swedish friend had one framed and hanging up in his United spare room after the Arsenal game.

The hammering from City as you like to put it happened in the last minutes of the game.
Utd played the game with ten men for the last half an hour.
Up until the sending off Utd dominated the game.
That's despite conceding a goal from one of City's rare attacks.
Even after Aguero scored a second Utd still looked in the game.
They had a couple of good chances to get back into the game the Aguero goal with 20 to go sealed the match.
In the last few minutes Utd lost all shape pushing the game and conceded the last three goals
The result was a hammering but the game wasn't really like that at all.
Quite true Thousands did leave when the game was "lost" at 3-1 with a minute to go.
A great result and very demoralising to Utd but hardly a hammering when looked at in detail.
That's the way I seen it anyway.
It's not the first time the result doesn't reflect the true picture of the game.
But of course in the end it came back to haunt Utd,with the goal difference making the difference at the end of the season.

City stole the headlines for about 5 days but now the headlines and talk is all about Chelsea whose success makes what City achieved pale into insignificance. Chelsea won it for the first time as the first London club to win the trophy and they won the FA Cup as well.

It is going to be interesting to see Chelsea with all their experience take on City at Wembley a week before the start of the new season. Chelsea are the Kings of Europe and deep down all City fans wanted Bayern to win like they did in 1999 cause they are gutted that Chelsea stole all the medias attention.

City didn't prove enough this season and were incredibly lucky and are still to win a league title convincingly and they have never defended a league title.

Stop generalising about city fans...you know none of them Urban, having never set foot in Manchester in your life :p
Also the charity sheild will take place at Villa not Wembley.

Haha them shirts are ace...bet our Swedish friend had one framed and hanging up in his United spare room after the Arsenal game.

He condemned the fans and bookies that celebrated in advance and still feel they were rightly punished for it. Urban never wears kits or t-shirts like most hooligans out there. They wear Fila and Sergio Tacchini and Stone Island to name just 3 brands.

I have been told Urban was a tennis player up until his early teens so Fila and Sergio are natural brands for him to wear. He recently left Sweden for a lenghty boat cruise with his girlfriend and some of his many friends from all his travels to Manchester including a current United player and his wife.

All I was told by him was "I finally had some luck with the lotto draw :)"

--Paddy

Stop generalising about city fans...you know none of them Urban, having never set foot in Manchester in your life :p
Also the charity sheild will take place at Villa not Wembley.

Charity Shield?
Community shield and so City face more bad luck when not being allowed to play at Wembley cause of the olympics.

LOL

Charity Shield?
Community shield and so City face more bad luck when not being allowed to play at Wembley cause of the olympics.

LOL

For a rag, you seem very obsessed with City having our chips pissed on, and now having to play at Villa Park instead of Wembley.
Good - ask any City fan if they'd rather travel 100 miles to Brum or 200 to London and they'll tell you Brum. Cheaper all round, including beer in the pubs!
Of course, it would piss off the rags had they been in the Charity Shield (I refuse to call it by it's newer name) as Wembley is 20 mins walk for most of them :thumb:

As for your ''City lose money as Chelsea qualify for CL'', surely your headline should be ''City, rags and Arsenal lose money''? But your obsession about City shows through. But lets look at it from another angle.
Billionaire owned City will lose £3m as a result.
£500m plus heavily in debt rags will lose £1.5m as a result.

Now tell me who will be hit hardest by Chelsea's entry in the CL. The club with the pockets bulging or the club with deep, empty holes in their pockets?
City's owners can just increase the price of petrol and recoup the money when rags fill their cars up to travel to Owed Trafford.
The Glazer's can just increase the price of tickets ;)

JJ

He condemned the fans and bookies that celebrated in advance and still feel they were rightly punished for it. Urban never wears kits or t-shirts like most hooligans out there. They wear Fila and Sergio Tacchini and Stone Island to name just 3 brands.

I have been told Urban was a tennis player up until his early teens so Fila and Sergio are natural brands for him to wear. He recently left Sweden for a lenghty boat cruise with his girlfriend and some of his many friends from all his travels to Manchester including a current United player and his wife.

All I was told by him was "I finally had some luck with the lotto draw :)"

--Paddy

Maybe not but he wears his united tracksuit to go jogging in....he sounds as deluded as ever :)

Maybe not but he wears his united tracksuit to go jogging in....he sounds as deluded as ever :)

I think he just said that as he was pulling peoples legs who thought he dressed like a chav in shell suits. I have actually seen a picture of him in full gear when he is out running and it looked very stylish as you expect from a swede.

He's a funny man and the same day as City beat United in the derby a couple of weeks ago he got a phone call from the swedish lotto representative confirming his big win cause he never watches the draws. I expect a postcard any day now.

--Paddy

I think he just said that as he was pulling peoples legs who thought he dressed like a chav in shell suits. I have actually seen a picture of him in full gear when he is out running and it looked very stylish as you expect from a swede.

He's a funny man and the same day as City beat United in the derby a couple of weeks ago he got a phone call from the swedish lotto representative confirming his big win cause he never watches the draws. I expect a postcard any day now.

--Paddy

A Swede? More like a turnip to me :thumb:

And I'm really sure that the Swedish lotto representative would be calling someone at 11pm...... good luck with the postcard.

--Paddy

Paddy I can't take you seriously, you remind me too much of Urban's other character "peter"....remember the one who told us all when Urban "killed himself"?
Seen pictures of Urbs too...dashing he looked, top to toe in denim!

Tiddlydee!

Paddy I can't take you seriously, you remind me too much of Urban's other character "peter"....remember the one who told us all when Urban "killed himself"?

Tiddlydee!

Which time when Urban killed himself was that? There's been a couple of occasions :rolleyes:

I've seen a picture of him too, outside the lads club, rag scarf round his neck (sadly not tight enough and swinging from a lampost.....) :thumb:

JJ

A Swede? More like a turnip to me :thumb:

And I'm really sure that the Swedish lotto representative would be calling someone at 11pm...... good luck with the postcard.

Nah you got me wrong. He got the call earlier in the day BEFORE the derby and that made him not even bother with watching the game. I think he felt that winning on Lotto would mean that United must lose or something. I would have felt the same and he spent the evening in a fancy restaurant with his girlfriend and who can blame him?

He claims he is not even following them like he used to cause he hasn't got the time to watch them all the time. Before he met his current girlfriend he had a long distance relationship with a massive City fan and she was some sort of model that used to spend her time off at his place. This is when it gets weird cause Urban is quite well known among some local United fans and I have met those that claim that she wasn't a model and was in fact the daughter of Ian Curtis, Natalie Curtis, who is a photographer.

I did some research myself online and apparently she used to have a lot of pictures up on her website taken in Sweden, mostly quite arty black and white pictures, and in one of the pictures she posed with a swedish lad and under it it just said "Urban". I have even tried to send her emails to try and get the full story but haven't heard a word from her. These pictures taken in Sweden were removed from her website around the time they apparently split up.

I could go on and on and it may all be a lie or a myth or whatever but people I trust and meet on a daily basis says it is true and they are not even fascinated by this which is natural cause they haven't been on here for years and in the old chatroom and that.

This is her website:

http://www.16apr79.com/

Which time when Urban killed himself was that? There's been a couple of occasions :rolleyes:

I've seen a picture of him too, outside the lads club, rag scarf round his neck (sadly not tight enough and swinging from a lampost.....) :thumb:

JJ

We've all seen it and he was dressed in all black and no scarf

Tiddlydee!

Black denim yes, that is right, and I think the picture was from some time in the 90's. 1996, 1997?

A copy of the very spot and pose Moz had at Salford Lads Club.

Nah you got me wrong. He got the call earlier in the day BEFORE the derby and that made him not even bother with watching the game. I think he felt that winning on Lotto would mean that United must lose or something. I would have felt the same and he spent the evening in a fancy restaurant with his girlfriend and who can blame him?

He claims he is not even following them like he used to cause he hasn't got the time to watch them all the time. Before he met his current girlfriend he had a long distance relationship with a massive City fan and she was some sort of model that used to spend her time off at his place. This is when it gets weird cause Urban is quite well known among some local United fans and I have met those that claim that she wasn't a model and was in fact the daughter of Ian Curtis, Natalie Curtis, who is a photographer.

I did some research myself online and apparently she used to have a lot of pictures up on her website taken in Sweden, mostly quite arty black and white pictures, and in one of the pictures she posed with a swedish lad and under it it just said "Urban". I have even tried to send her emails to try and get the full story but haven't heard a word from her. These pictures taken in Sweden were removed from her website around the time they apparently split up.

I could go on and on and it may all be a lie or a myth or whatever but people I trust and meet on a daily basis says it is true and they are not even fascinated by this which is natural cause they haven't been on here for years and in the old chatroom and that.

This is her website:

http://www.16apr79.com/

:lbf::lbf: This site has seen many a character in its time but Urban is by far the most amusing....and deluded. Either that or he is sat in his apartment laughing at us all for even answering this nonsense.
Is Natalie like Lisa, Lana and the one who left her kids? All in his head!

Back
Top Bottom