The Man City thread

Re: The Manchester City FC champions 2012 thread!

Oh the bitterness is creeping in!! In no way has Chelsea ''overshadowed'' City's league title. Well done Chelsea - the Kings of Europe yes, but not England ;)
Also, given that united won the PL last year before City won the cup, it was indeed City who stole the thunder from under the rags glory. And that silly little banner was taken down ha ha ha.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread and this website. I shall leave you with this final image. A drink of bitter, for the ''new bitters'' ')
Goodnight and goodbye

Jukebox ''The Champion 2012'' Jury

http://motivationalmaker.com/saved_posters/poster_wivfi7ahun.jpg

Ouch that one hit a weak spot!

Congratulations to Chelsea for becoming the first London side to win that trophy which completely overshadowed what City did. I guess whoever you support away from those two you feel that Chelsea is a more genuine club than City. I bet Arsenal must be feel a bit down now as they have officially lost the number one spot as a London club.

I support United but the Chelsea win completely saved the season for me and put City back in place and history repeated itself once again as an english side wins the CL when City win the league. You couldn't write the script.

Urban has doing this for years, it's his defence mechanism.
His United spare room will be blue by the end of the summer....

I support United but the Chelsea win completely saved the season for me and put City back in place

OK, you tempted me out of my solo retirement.....

That is the most hilarious thing I've ever read from a football fan - saved your season? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Still, nevermind, there's always the Community Shield to look at until August.....

Strange thing is, I know lots of City fans (myself included) who actually wanted Chelsea to win (for one reason to piss Spurs fans and 'Arry off!), so please, tell me once more... if so many of us wanted a Chelsea win, exactly how did it rain on our parade?
In all the last week has been a fantastic advert for English football - both wins celebrated side by side by many neutrals as well as both clubs fans too. It's just the ungracious rags from Stretford who are witnessing the fall of an old empire and the rise in another that are becoming bitter and twisted ;)

Jukebox ''Champion 2012'' Jury

PS, this is the last post I will ever send.....

It's just the ungracious rags from Stretford who are witnessing the fall of an old empire and the rise in another that are becoming bitter and twisted ;)

Jukebox ''Champion 2012'' Jury

PS, this is the last post I will ever send.....
Well well,I much as I congratulate City on winning the league.
I hardly see it as fall of empire.
City won the FA cup 1-0 against Stoke hardly a big thing.
They won the League on goal difference,hardly a crushing victory.
When I see City win three leagues in a row by more than goal difference,or a double,or a treble.
Reach Champions league finals two years in the row,while retaining the league.
Then maybe we can start thinking about City being a major force.
They are certainly a good side,but lets not get carried away.
I remember the great Leeds side of the late 60's/70's
But take a look what they actually won over the few years.
Two leagues in five years one FA cup and the fairs cup
City have a very long way to go to even begin to class themselves as a great side.

Amazing to see City fans struggling to come to terms with the amazing success Chelsea have achieved. Once a club wins something major there are always a bigger title to be won that reminds people that they haven't really achieved anything yet.

For years United were reminded of that when they didn't win CL so it was only when they did that twice that they really could be regarded as a successful club. I just read the entire thread and the thread starter really knows his shit.

Wanna know the future?

Ask a Swede!

Well well,I much as I congratulate City on winning the league.
I hardly see it as fall of empire.
City won the FA cup 1-0 against Stoke hardly a big thing.
They won the League on goal difference,hardly a crushing victory.
When I see City win three leagues in a row by more than goal difference,or a double,or a treble.
Reach Champions league finals two years in the row,while retaining the league.
Then maybe we can start thinking about City being a major force.
They are certainly a good side,but lets not get carried away.
I remember the great Leeds side of the late 60's/70's
But take a look what they actually won over the few years.
Two leagues in five years one FA cup and the fairs cup
City have a very long way to go to even begin to class themselves as a great side.

Mr Malva,

One can only applaud when faced with such an accurate assertion.
City won the league and they think they are the new rulers of this world, they'll be waving their shirts above their heads next season while chanting 'we are the champions, champions of Europe'.

Nouveau riche syndrome?

Yours,

Anon Y. Mous

PS: City are a massive club

Amazing to see City fans struggling to come to terms with the amazing success Chelsea have achieved. Once a club wins something major there are always a bigger title to be won that reminds people that they haven't really achieved anything yet.

For years United were reminded of that when they didn't win CL so it was only when they did that twice that they really could be regarded as a successful club. I just read the entire thread and the thread starter really knows his shit.

Wanna know the future?

Ask a Swede!

OK, I've changed my mind again......

Sorry, but where have you seen City fans ''struggling to come to terms with the amazing success Chelsea have achieved''???

As for the other comments, of course we have ''only won'' one FA Cup and the League within the last 12 months - but look at Mancini's record at Inter, no league wins for 19 years and he wins three on the bounce. Seven cups in 4 years. You don't think that can be repeated? City will increase their squad shopping at Harrods, united will struggle to get into Aldi..... relying on the likes of Scholes, Giggs, Wio etc.... their days are well behind them.

So City ''only won the league on points'', and ''only beat Stoke 1-0''. So united's last Champions League victory was ''only won on penalties''? In fact, united have yet to win a European Cup inside 90 minutes ;) and for all ''their history'' have won it only once more than Nottingham Forest.

We can all quote the past as much as we want to suit our point of view, however, I'm very much looking forward to the future and in someway with a tinge of sadness having had a season ticket from 1980, through the lows and the lower..... but having now moved far away right as the trophies have started turning up, I can watch from afar.....

united will be around for a few more years, but this year their reputation in Europe was shattered and their crown in both Manchester and England knocked off.
Fergie said united would never be underdogs in Manchester in his lifetime..... he must be on a life support machine as I type.....

City Til I Die. (which hopefully wont be for a long time!)

Jukebox ''Champ16n 2012'' Jury

OK, I've changed my mind again......

Sorry, but where have you seen City fans ''struggling to come to terms with the amazing success Chelsea have achieved''???

As for the other comments, of course we have ''only won'' one FA Cup and the League within the last 12 months - but look at Mancini's record at Inter, no league wins for 19 years and he wins three on the bounce. Seven cups in 4 years. You don't think that can be repeated? City will increase their squad shopping at Harrods, united will struggle to get into Aldi..... relying on the likes of Scholes, Giggs, Wio etc.... their days are well behind them.

So City ''only won the league on points'', and ''only beat Stoke 1-0''. So united's last Champions League victory was ''only won on penalties''? In fact, united have yet to win a European Cup inside 90 minutes ;) and for all ''their history'' have won it only once more than Nottingham Forest.

We can all quote the past as much as we want to suit our point of view, however, I'm very much looking forward to the future and in someway with a tinge of sadness having had a season ticket from 1980, through the lows and the lower..... but having now moved far away right as the trophies have started turning up, I can watch from afar.....

united will be around for a few more years, but this year their reputation in Europe was shattered and their crown in both Manchester and England knocked off.
Fergie said united would never be underdogs in Manchester in his lifetime..... he must be on a life support machine as I type.....

City Til I Die. (which hopefully wont be for a long time!)

Jukebox ''Champ16n 2012'' Jury

This boy is in pain, God knows what he will be like when City go back to being what they always were. Hope I will not be around him then.

This boy is in pain, God knows what he will be like when City go back to being what they always were. Hope I will not be around him then.

That's right, avoid commenting on every point I made.
I've been a City fan since the day I was born in 1963 (3rd generation Moss Side born and bred family).
I'm in pain?? What will I be like if we go back to what we always were?

I was there in relegation to Luton in 83 and West Ham in 87. I was there in relegation in 96 at the height of the Swales out campaign and in 98 when we ended up in division 3. I went to every game in division 3, including the play off against Gillingham! And relegation again in 2001.

You know what, if City went back there again, I'd do exactly then what I did back in 98/99 - support the Blues unconditionally. How many glory hunting rags would say the same?
Look at united over the past few years..... from sell outs way in advance and waiting lists on season tickets to open sale on practically most home games.
Where ever I have worked in Manchester, the rags I've worked with, trotting out the same excuses such as ''would love to go but can't get a ticket mate''. Well now they can get a ticket mate and they still don't go!

Back to the subject of ''pain'' - If this is pain, long may it last because I'm lovin' it!
All I've seen on here are anonymous rags accusing me of being in pain and having Chelsea piss on my chips - when nothing could be further from the truth. The reality is, united fans are seething that City won the league, Chelsea won the European Cup and FA Cup and EVEN Liverpool won the League Cup.... whilst united won f*** all. Oh, sorry, they won the Community Shield (yes I was there)..... the day Rooney tweeted that united had ''taught City a lesson''. Yes Wayne. Well done. Polish that shield because City or Chelsea will be collecting it in August.

Rags are trying desperately to make something of Chelsea winning the European Cup ruining our day, rather than looking far more closer to home and admit what is staring them right in the face - the fact that City were the better team over the season, f***ed them off the park with an aggregate of 7-1 and are Champions of England and Wales 2011 / 12.
Wake up and smell the Holts bitter ;)

That's right, avoid commenting on every point I made.
I've been a City fan since the day I was born in 1963 (3rd generation Moss Side born and bred family).
I'm in pain?? What will I be like if we go back to what we always were?

I was there in relegation to Luton in 83 and West Ham in 87. I was there in relegation in 96 at the height of the Swales out campaign and in 98 when we ended up in division 3. I went to every game in division 3, including the play off against Gillingham! And relegation again in 2001.

You know what, if City went back there again, I'd do exactly then what I did back in 98/99 - support the Blues unconditionally. How many glory hunting rags would say the same?
Look at united over the past few years..... from sell outs way in advance and waiting lists on season tickets to open sale on practically most home games.
Where ever I have worked in Manchester, the rags I've worked with, trotting out the same excuses such as ''would love to go but can't get a ticket mate''. Well now they can get a ticket mate and they still don't go!

Back to the subject of ''pain'' - If this is pain, long may it last because I'm lovin' it!
All I've seen on here are anonymous rags accusing me of being in pain and having Chelsea piss on my chips - when nothing could be further from the truth. The reality is, united fans are seething that City won the league, Chelsea won the European Cup and FA Cup and EVEN Liverpool won the League Cup.... whilst united won f*** all. Oh, sorry, they won the Community Shield (yes I was there)..... the day Rooney tweeted that united had ''taught City a lesson''. Yes Wayne. Well done. Polish that shield because City or Chelsea will be collecting it in August.

Rags are trying desperately to make something of Chelsea winning the European Cup ruining our day, rather than looking far more closer to home and admit what is staring them right in the face - the fact that City were the better team over the season, f***ed them off the park with an aggregate of 7-1 and are Champions of England and Wales 2011 / 12.
Wake up and smell the Holts bitter ;)

Someone needs to handle the fact that Chelsea stole the show big time and against Bayern just like United in 1999. Winning something once is like having never won it and it looks like Chelsea will not only rain on your parade this summer but again next season.

Looking at the past seasons United and Chelsea have been there to win it and now no-one won the league Chelsea helped United out by reminding City of what it was like in 1968 when City won the league the last time. City fans are gutted and crying at the fact that they were once again overshadowed when they finally won something.

Someone needs to handle the fact that Chelsea stole the show big time and against Bayern just like United in 1999. Winning something once is like having never won it and it looks like Chelsea will not only rain on your parade this summer but again next season.

Looking at the past seasons United and Chelsea have been there to win it and now no-one won the league Chelsea helped United out by reminding City of what it was like in 1968 when City won the league the last time. City fans are gutted and crying at the fact that they were once again overshadowed when they finally won something.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Please tell me where your evidence is of City fans being gutted and crying over Chelsea winning the CL? I don't see it anywhere???? As I said ''I wanted Chelsea to win it, so why would I be gutted or even thinking they have rained on our parade''?
You are inventing this to compensate your own rag failures.

So... provide the evidence, show me a link to where one City fan is pissed off that Chelsea won the CL. Put up, or shut up.

I would be the last person to decry somebody's love and passion for their club.
In fact it's something to be admired.
Manchester United have them sort of fans as well.(along with part timers)
I know numerous fans from the 70's/80's who love Utd with as much passion as JJ loves City
It's possible this might be City's time to shine.
I was just pointing out that it's very early days.
It has to be pointed out of course that City fans have taken a lot of stick from Utd fans over the years.
Consequently they relish their chance to hit back in some way.
Chelsea winning the Champions league is a great result for England and the Premier league.
But it has to be said the way they won it does football no credit.
At least it can be said that for most of the season City played good football and some of the best attacking football.
I do think City fans need to get their feet on the ground and not get too carried away with themselves.
Lets see where you are in five years times.
If they want to be compared to Utd this is what I think they need to do.
Win at least Three more leagues.Next year for starters.
At least one double and the champions league.
All in the next five years.
If they can do something like that,then I think the City fans can start to crow a bit.
At the moment all this anti Utd,we are the greatest stuff shows no class.
JJ is excused because he lives amongst it and needs all the love he can get.:lbf::thumb:

I would be the last person to decry somebody's love and passion for their club.
In fact it's something to be admired.
Manchester United have them sort of fans as well.(along with part timers)
I know numerous fans from the 70's/80's who love Utd with as much passion as JJ loves City
It's possible this might be City's time to shine.
I was just pointing out that it's very early days.
It has to be pointed out of course that City fans have taken a lot of stick from Utd fans over the years.
Consequently they relish their chance to hit back in some way.
Chelsea winning the Champions league is a great result for England and the Premier league.
But it has to be said the way they won it does football no credit.
At least it can be said that for most of the season City played good football and some of the best attacking football.
I do think City fans need to get their feet on the ground and not get too carried away with themselves.
Lets see where you are in five years times.
If they want to be compared to Utd this is what I think they need to do.
Win at least Three more leagues.Next year for starters.
At least one double and the champions league.
All in the next five years.
If they can do something like that,then I think the City fans can start to crow a bit.
At the moment all this anti Utd,we are the greatest stuff shows no class.
JJ is excused because he lives amongst it and needs all the love he can get.:lbf::thumb:

Yes, correct all the way. Like I pointed out earlier, Mancini when at Inter won 3 titles on the bounce having gone 19 year without. I can see that happening at City (not arrogance, just that we can only add to the quality of the squad (yes I know, because the money is there) and if Mancini gets the balance right (all the money in the world doesn't mean the balance is right) it is going to be an interesting ride for us Blues :)

JJ

I was speaking to a utd fan at the weekend.
Although he was pissed off at City winning the league he was more pissed off Utd let it slip right at the end.
The league was theirs to win and he felt that if Utd had done that,the loss to City would have really set them back.
I don't agree with that point of view.
But I can't see the finished article at City.
When key players were missing City seemed to struggle.
Utd seemed to overcome this better.
In saying that if Rooney picked up a bad one he would have been really missed at Utd.

I was speaking to a utd fan at the weekend.
Although he was pissed off at City winning the league he was more pissed off Utd let it slip right at the end.
The league was theirs to win and he felt that if Utd had done that,the loss to City would have really set them back.
I don't agree with that point of view.
But I can't see the finished article at City.
When key players were missing City seemed to struggle.
Utd seemed to overcome this better.
In saying that if Rooney picked up a bad one he would have been really missed at Utd.

We missed Yaya when he was in the African Cup of Nations - and there is another one next January too!!!!!!
The main concern was when Kompany was suspended / injured and especially when Lescott was out too.

Had united not given up the lead at Everton, then I do believe they would have gone on to win the title, so to a degree they did ''lose it'' - though the title is won over 38 games.
Had City lost it that way, it wouldn't have been a too bigger blow than had we not beaten QPR.
I think City ''losing'' it that way (against QPR) would have had a mental impact on a number of players, maybe the management too. Certainly the fans would be going through all the ''typical City'' thoughts we have spent a lifetime cursing!

It's always said just winning that first one, just crossing that line the first time is the hardest. That's not to say it will be easy next season, but as with the FA Cup last season, the monkey is off the back and the mentality of the players becomes one of positivity and confidence in their ability as a team.

Things can only get better :thumb:

JJ

Certainly the fans would be going through all the ''typical City'' thoughts we have spent a lifetime cursing!

the mentality of the players becomes one of positivity and confidence in their ability as a team.
Yes I know what you mean.
Like all the ones leaving the QPR game before it was finished and missing all the sheer joy them last two goals gave.
There are always fans who leave before the end for all sorts of reasons,but them ones are the ones you don't want.
As to the general mood in the squad,that's been hidden a bit because of the win.
Otherwise there would have been some inquests being held against certain players and their non team attitude.
There are still I feel players at City who haven't quite got the team mentality yet.
I felt the losses at Chelsea and Arsenal showed this.
There are on the other hand some really good team players.
It's a tricky balance keeping top players happy when they are not playing.

Yes I know what you mean.
Like all the ones leaving the QPR game before it was finished and missing all the sheer joy them last two goals gave.
There are always fans who leave before the end for all sorts of reasons,but them ones are the ones you don't want.
As to the general mood in the squad,that's been hidden a bit because of the win.
Otherwise there would have been some inquests being held against certain players and their non team attitude.
There are still I feel players at City who haven't quite got the team mentality yet.
I felt the losses at Chelsea and Arsenal showed this.
There are on the other hand some really good team players.
It's a tricky balance keeping top players happy when they are not playing.

I agree with you about the Arsenal game, but not the Chelsea game. First 25 mins was amongst the best of the season. A dodgy penalty and a debatable sending off cost us the game that night.
I have said recently many times, how Balotelli's sending off was a blessing in disguise. Won all three games he was banned for and then he was on the bench for the rags game (don't think he came on, can't recall), not on the bench at all against Newcastle and came on for the remaining minutes against QPR.

We'll never know, of course, how we would have fared had Tevez been with us all season - or indeed how we would have fared had he not come back! He certainly appeared to kick start the 'come back'.
Personally, I'd like to see Tevez stay. On the field he has been the best player I have seen in a City shirt. I did see Colin Bell maybe a handful of times, but at the age of 9 - 11 I wasn't fully able to appreciate his quality! As for Mario..... I can't make my mind up.... quarter of me wants him next season, three quarters says he is a distraction we can do without....

I felt in the Chelsea game that after the first 25 which I agree City moved the ball lovely and maybe should have scored more.
But when the real battle started 2nd half one or two players "went missing"
It was a cold winter night with the rain belting down and a couple of City players didn't "fancy it"much.
Everything about Balotelli has been said.
At this moment I think your stuck with him.(who'd want to buy him)
If more players come in then maybe,just maybe he'll finally understand he's not the one man show.
As to Tevez his ability is not in doubt.
But without doubt his attitude is.
When I seen him cupping his hands at Alex(when wanting a new contract at Old Trafford) I thought to myself,you won't be there next year son.
As to Colin Bell he was everything that is said about him.
A thoroughbred of a player who just ghosted around the field.
He had a wonderful touch and his behaviour and attitude was spot on.
He was a great loss to the England and the game.
If ever there was a reason to hate Man u that would be a good reason.
If I remember correctly it was a tackle in a Utd game that put him out.
I think it was a league cup game that City won 4-0
I might be mistaken but it doesn't happen often:D:D

Back
Top Bottom