The Man City thread

Re: The Manchester City FC champions 2012 thread!

There is no way City will drop any points against Fulham, Villa and Bolton.

I would be shocked if City are not clear by at least 6 points after the next three games.

Which won't mean a thing.Chelsea were nine ahead with six to play and still ended up nine behind at the finish.
I'm saying I disagree with you,but it's not wise to count chickens too early.

Which won't mean a thing.Chelsea were nine ahead with six to play and still ended up nine behind at the finish.
I'm saying I disagree with you,but it's not wise to count chickens too early.

Of course anything can happen. I just read that Fergie seems certain United can beat Chelsea on Sunday. God knows United are due one away at Chelsea after horrendous decisions by the referees in recent years.

Somehow I feel though that Chelsea will be alright on the day and beat us like they beat City.

Finally the media have won the battle against Man United regarding the keeper David De Gea as the spaniard who needs an eye operation will be in goal away to Chelsea on Sunday. Another badly handled situation by Fergie who is losing the plot fast. Looks likely he will even bring back Nani despite United keeping the ball well during the games he was out so now we will be back to giving the ball away cause of him.

Chelsea keeper Cech and Liverpool keeper Reina backing De Gea before the Sunday game and I am sure they will bring out the knives after it when another nervy display by De Gea means Man United have thrown away yet more points this season.

City will soon have Yaya Toure back and that should make the side more settled as they cruise to their first PL title. Anything other than a 5-0 win against Fulham would surprise me a lot as they look likely to improve their mighty goal difference.

Rumours in Sweden that Chelsea are doing all they can to get the game on Sunday postponed and moved forward blaming it on the cold and the safety in the stands. Buying time and they seem truly troubled by this upcoming game as media seems sure United will win.

Easy win in the snow for City and should have been more than 3-0. Looks likely Chelsea-United will be the victim of the weather and if that is good or not for City we will see in the future.

Manchester United were Champions last season with 80 points.
Being as fair as I can,I see United getting 87 this year.
That's 33 points from 15 games.
I'm not in the habit of predicting individual scores but I think this is the total to win it this year.(maybe on goal difference which City have at the moment)
Be realistic on City's form over the last month what total can you see?
10 more wins out of 14 games or nine and 3 draws,see what you think.
If you say you'll win all your home games that's 21.
So you want 12 from 7 away games.
Pick your winners and draws.
Away at Villa
Away at Swansea
Away at Stoke?
Away at Arsenal
Away at Norwich
Away at Wolves
Away at Newcastle
Remember this is assuming you win all your home games(including against Utd)
It doesn't look so easy now does it.City certainly have the ability to win all 7,but honestly can you see that happening?
The pressure will mount because Utd will not give up and you know that.
I think if Balotelli get his act together,he could make the difference.
If he carries on the same way I think he'll cost City dearly.
But whatever happens the team that wins it will deserve it.
It's a big ask of Chelsea and Spurs but they will play their part and you never know with football.
45 points left to play for left to play.
Arsenal can't make 87 so I'll discount them.

Manchester United were Champions last season with 80 points.
Being as fair as I can,I see United getting 87 this year.
That's 33 points from 15 games.
I'm not in the habit of predicting individual scores but I think this is the total to win it this year.(maybe on goal difference which City have at the moment)
Be realistic on City's form over the last month what total can you see?
10 more wins out of 14 games or nine and 3 draws,see what you think.
If you say you'll win all your home games that's 21.
So you want 12 from 7 away games.
Pick your winners and draws.
Away at Villa
Away at Swansea
Away at Stoke?
Away at Arsenal
Away at Norwich
Away at Wolves
Away at Newcastle
Remember this is assuming you win all your home games(including against Utd)
It doesn't look so easy now does it.City certainly have the ability to win all 7,but honestly can you see that happening?
The pressure will mount because Utd will not give up and you know that.
I think if Balotelli get his act together,he could make the difference.
If he carries on the same way I think he'll cost City dearly.
But whatever happens the team that wins it will deserve it.
It's a big ask of Chelsea and Spurs but they will play their part and you never know with football.
45 points left to play for left to play.
Arsenal can't make 87 so I'll discount them.

Wow!

I got 87 points for United as well and 86 for City but I don't think that will be the case anymore.

Frank Lampard is back for Chelsea and all will be fine on the day. United last won there in 2002 so the 10 year anniversary will be completed tonight swedish time when United lose yet again probably after a bad decision by the ref.

Premier League logo added onto the screen right bottom corner and it is annoying as hell. In Italy they have one but manage to make a proper watermark of it so it is hardly visible. This big blob gets a life of its own when the camera goes from side to side making me seasick.

I got my 87 without results againest Chelsea,Spurs and City.
I start from the premise of winning all home games.
That's 21,then winning 4 of 8 away games.
Playing,Wolves,Wigan,Blackburn.
Then any one from the rest or points from draws.
Norwich or Sunderland will be tricky ones.
Which ever way I perm it 87 points for Utd.

I got my 87 without results againest Chelsea,Spurs and City.
I start from the premise of winning all home games.
That's 21,then winning 4 of 8 away games.
Playing,Wolves,Wigan,Blackburn.
Then any one from the rest or points from draws.
Norwich or Sunderland will be tricky ones.
Which ever way I perm it 87 points for Utd.

For me the squad and injuries is the biggest decider and the goal difference that City have is another point at least so they are in control. They also play us at home.

Fergie chooses to place the spanish monkey in goal and this is the final proof that United do not deserve the title this season. Looks like a weak bench for Chelsea and Cahill starts instead of Terry who is out. Torres from the start as well.

Young is back for United but not match fit and so is Rooney.

Not only the drain pipes that are leaking at Stamford Bridge but the United defence as well. I was suspecting all week that the media and many other pundits out there would be wrong in thinking that Chelsea would be weak today and that United would get something from todays game.

City cruising with a 3 point gap again and a superiour goal difference. United on 4 defeats now and 6 is usually the maximum a side can afford if they wanna win the league.

Football, bloody hell!

Dunno how United managed that but it made me dizzy.
It's just like I've been trying to tell you.
Never,never write Utd off.
If the game had gone on another three or four mins Utd would have won it.
It's the sign of champions.
A poor start to the 2nd half by Utd.
1 good pen given 2nd one was a bit soft.
But the one not given in the first half was very clearly a pen.
Unlike Howard Webb to bottle it.

A win at home Saturday and a visit to Villa park Sunday for City.
By rights City should win there.
Utd fans of course have seen it all before.
There'll be a few more twists yet.
It's away to Swansea that could be the first.
I always back Utd to win at home along with City.
It's them tricky away ones that will decide it.
Utd have the best away record this season so far.
So it's shaping up nicely.

It's just like I've been trying to tell you.
Never,never write Utd off.
If the game had gone on another three or four mins Utd would have won it.
It's the sign of champions.
A poor start to the 2nd half by Utd.
1 good pen given 2nd one was a bit soft.
But the one not given in the first half was very clearly a pen.
Unlike Howard Webb to bottle it.

A win at home Saturday and a visit to Villa park Sunday for City.
By rights City should win there.
Utd fans of course have seen it all before.
There'll be a few more twists yet.
It's away to Swansea that could be the first.
I always back Utd to win at home along with City.
It's them tricky away ones that will decide it.
Utd have the best away record this season so far.
So it's shaping up nicely.

City will be facing the weakest Villa side we have seen in a long time and maybe Fergie will call McLeish and help him sort things out cause Villa have good players that are underachieving at the moment.

Just heard Gary Neville in the studio saying United must be pleased to have closed that gap during this week as they are now 2 behind instead of 3 after the last two games. If you are 3-0 down at Chelsea and get a 3-3 draw you have to be pleased and not many sides in the world would have been able to perform such a great comeback.

Gonna look for and buy the trenchcoat Andre Villas-Boas is wearing although the brand might be different but I like the style as I will look fierce in one with my shaved head. :cool:

I disagree that we will win all our home games and expect points to be dropped as we go into the time of the season when the teams at the bottom need points.

United are in a far better position than I thought when giving them 87 points cause I thought we would lose at Arsenal and Chelsea. 2 points behind City and not 6.

Last edited:

I think the two straight home games for City when United play two straight away games at Norwich and Spurs will make the gap a lot bigger.

Big game for United tomorrow but It was a long time since this game mattered to me in a big way. This game was bigger when United were chasing Liverpool and their 18 titles. This was the first United game I was at in February 1983. That day it was the 100th meeting between the sides. A local sports journo and Man United fan is present at this game tomorrow and as I don't like him and his views at all a bad result for United might make me smile.

City will beat Villa on Sunday without breaking any sweat as Villa must be the most underachieving side we have seen in a long time. Villa on paper have a great side but they just cannot get going at all. I predict that City extend their lead at the top to at least 4 points and maybe 5.

Surprisingly easy win for United against Liverpool today despite the late goal by Suarez creating a bit of drama. United have done well in the many top games they have been involved in of late. Two week break from the league now and City will be 2 points clear and should extend their goal difference over United with an easy win at Villa tomorrow.

Might not have been a convincing win to some but City totally dominated the game at Villa who desperately tried to keep the score down. Mancini has found the winning formula and City are now winning games they would have dropped points in before.

Never seen Robbie Keane so out of a game as he was today and Heskey getting a start might be the biggest joke in many years. Silva and Aguero will make City champions but Adam Johnson to me is the real starman and opponents just cannot handle him at all.

I think the two straight home games for City when United play two straight away games at Norwich and Spurs will make the gap a lot bigger.
I did tell you.
Counting chickens.

Back
Top Bottom