The Man City thread

Re: The Manchester City FC champions 2012 thread!

What is a mandorla?

I think it technically means almond in italian, but it's the vesica pisces or almond shape drawn around a religious icon in medieval art to indicate a number of things, either the birth canal man is born from, the feminine aspect of the deity depicted or an aura or transcendence or other-worldlyness. Here's wiki's take. In symbiology almond is universally a girl thing.

No sweat Crystal your "Sure as eggs are eggs"
That's a very old phrase I'm sure our good friend will know it even if you don't.

Wouldn't I technically be "Sure as eggs is eggs?" :p

Haha love how a female come here and sounds like my girlfriend who sometimes comes up with weird comments that shows she knows nothing about the game and it is so cute. She does watch the games though and is often right about the outcome. She concentrates on injured players and how much time will be added on and she always guesses the right time added on.

She says Furguson whch sounds so cute and like me she's not fond of Nani, Anderson and Evra. They're all black but she's not racist I promise.

Yeah Urban, but don't you think that the departure of Ferguson (which has to happen within the next couple of seasons) will mark the end of this period of success?
To believe a new manager will step in and they will carry on with the same success is, in my opinion, unrealistic.

Mourinho is the type of man that has showed he can take over and win it and we never know in what way a new manager might inspire the players. Our era is not onging all the time and every season but is has been onging for more than 20 years with a few blips here and there. When we fail like we will this season we are usually the most exciting to watch the season after as we always seem to bounce back. We only ever did not do that during that period when Chelsea dominated for a while but still won trophies although not the league title.
It may be unrealistic that a new manager will win as much as Fergie in that short space of time but if Mourinho gets the chance he could well win enough in quite a short space of time as he would attract players to join the club unlike Fergie who is at war with the agents and the transfer market over very personal things.

I just saw our old star striker from the 80's, Garry Birtles,:( on the Premier League channel and if that's not a bad sign then nothing is. Looks like Ben Amos will be between the sticks tonight and it's a matter of us being 5 or 6 points behind City after tonights games.

I plan to watch Uniteds game and Spurs and City as I have this extended desktop on the computer so I can show one game on the big 60 inch and the other two games on the laptop. I want english commentary tonight and the swedish channel showing the game has moved it onto a channel that is not showing it in HD which is rare and possibly a sign that they do not think much of us these days.

Last edited:

I use an on-line site that shows most of the games live.
I can save the streams of some games while I watch the others.
Football is the passion in my life.
I get though a lot of games each week (time permitting)
I quite often watch local football just down the road,plus go to some Oxford United home games.
I can't abide reading reports of games because they very rarely match the game I've watched.
This is how I form my views.
I've been watching for over 40 years and apart from playing for years,I also refereed for ten years up to semi pro level.
I also used to hold an FA training badge,
That of course doesn't mean I know more than anybody else but I feel my opinion carries more weight than some.
Because I or anybody else have a point of view,it doesn't automatically mean you support one club more than another.
Some are just football fans who have a preference of who they prefer to watch regularly.
All this silly so called hatred of other clubs is just that.
If your a football fan you should not hate but appreciate all levels of the game.

I use an on-line site that shows most of the games live.
I can save the streams of some games while I watch the others.
Football is the passion in my life.
I get though a lot of games each week (time permitting)
I quite often watch local football just down the road,plus go to some Oxford United home games.
I can't abide reading reports of games because they very rarely match the game I've watched.
This is how I form my views.
I've been watching for over 40 years and apart from playing for years,I also refereed for ten years up to semi pro level.
I also used to hold an FA training badge,
That of course doesn't mean I know more than anybody else but I feel my opinion carries more weight than some.
Because I or anybody else have a point of view,it doesn't automatically mean you support one club more than another.
Some are just football fans who have a preference of who they prefer to watch regularly.
All this silly so called hatred of other clubs is just that.
If your a football fan you should not hate but appreciate all levels of the game.

The amount of games available is amazing and sometimes it is fun to watch a game with a commentator from the middle east :lbf:

I agree with what you say and I love the banter and wit but violence and hate is just sick. I've never met any fans of other clubs that have been violent or rude and I always got along with other clubs' fans as we have more in common than most other people.

Just recently found streams that show it in HD which seems to be the future for online tv as well. Even when the picture sometimes isn't the best it is always good enough to be able to see a game. Football has that advantage compared to hockey

Last edited:

Swedish channel showing pictures already from Old Trafford with the players warming up. Ben Amos being put to the test in goal with the polish goalie warming him up with a few crosses.

U2 booming in the stadium speakers, in the name of love, but there won't be any between the sides tonight. Not seen pictures half an hour before kick off on tv before.

Amos, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Park, Hernandez, Berbatov

bench: Kuszszak, Giggs, Welbeck, Fabio, Rafael, Pogba, W.Keane

Last edited:

The amount of games available is amazing and sometimes it is fun to watch a game with a commentator from the middle east :lbf:
Sometimes watching the fox coverage is good.
The Americans have a different take on the game.
Sometimes they see things very differently than we do.
Sometimes it's quite refreshing.
The sky coverage gets on my nerves a little at times,trying to "big up" the match or what's going on too much.
Although the camera angles do improve the peoples watch on the game.
I find that some coverage showing the bench and people in the crowd,instead of showing the game,can an irritation at times.

I cannot think of a club or fans that deserve this title more than Manchester City and their fans do.

I can think of lots more clubs and lots more fans... let's be honest, City were an average Premiership side with an average fan base up until Sheikh Mansour decided to throw them a few bob...

Dave

Sometimes watching the fox coverage is good.
The Americans have a different take on the game.
Sometimes they see things very differently than we do.
Sometimes it's quite refreshing.
The sky coverage gets on my nerves a little at times,trying to "big up" the match or what's going on too much.
Although the camera angles do improve the peoples watch on the game.
I find that some coverage showing the bench and people in the crowd,instead of showing the game,can an irritation at times.

Yes the producer of the game can sometimes really fook it up like they did a couple of games ago when United played and they showed loads of other things than the actual match.

What a night and here I was thinking United would be at least 6 points or more behind after tonight counting from before United played Arsenal and City played Spurs. United travel to Chelsea and won't be more than 3 points behind if they lose. That is of course a huge bonus but I still have belief in that this thread title will be a fact come May.

What a night and here I was thinking United would be at least 6 points or more behind after tonight counting from before United played Arsenal and City played Spurs. United travel to Chelsea and won't be more than 3 points behind if they lose. That is of course a huge bonus but I still have belief in that this thread title will be a fact come May.

You should be ashamed to regard yourself as a Manchester United supporter/fan. :straightface:

You should be ashamed to regard yourself as a Manchester United supporter/fan. :straightface:

Haha, I knew that one would pop up sooner or later. Knowing what some say is needed to be regarded as one I prefer to be something else like the Evra disaster clearly showed.

How many corners and free kicks did City have tonight, a million?

As soon as I moved my eyes from the tv to the laptop City had a corner of free kick or Silva was making circles in the Everton penalty area. Of course it had to be Darron Gibson popping up with a classic Gibson strike and I always liked him when he was a United player and I am a bit sad he was never given the chance.

So the referee that gave Newcastle a penalty at Old Trafford earlier this season when Ferdinand got it out for a corner was back at the stadium but this time he gave United not one but two penalties. Amazing that Chicharito took the first and scored and then Berbatov gets to take the second penalty. Don't know when we changed penalty takers like that in a game.

Everton huffed and puffed like they always do and their stop/start tactics managed to disturb City. Looking at the City results over the past couple of weeks they haven't been doing well at all.

Scholes was a joy to watch with the ball as always and Valencia was probably man of the match for yet another game and is vital to the club but like the rest he will probably get injured as well as that is what we do this season. No Nani makes United better and for the second game in a row we dominate possession and manage to keep the ball at last. Ben Amos seems more confident than the two first choice keepers together, shouting at defenders and controlling the penalty area.

Last edited:

Looking at the coming fixtures what will save City after this latest defeat is the fact they have very easy games when United have very tricky ones. There is no way City will drop any points against Fulham, Villa and Bolton.

United on the other hand play Chelsea away and Liverpool at home followed by Norwich away and that Norwich game is the first of two straight away games as they face Spurs away after the Norwich game. Once those games are over United have games against midlands sides West Brom and Wolves.

City will have to face Swansea away who have only lost at home once and that was against Man United. After the Swansea game City face Chelsea at home.

I would be shocked if City are not clear by at least 6 points after the next three games.

United keeper Lindegaard will be out for a month and misses the games against Chelsea, Liverpool, Norwich and Spurs. This means the nervy spaniard will be called upon unless Ben Amos gets the nod which he should after his performance on Tuesday night.

This is yet another setback for United that makes me even more sure that the title is heading to Man City.

I was walking into the store today and saw a dirty minivan with two old women in it that looked like classic "white trash." They were wearing smocks or mumus and were missing teeth and had dirty glasses and sparse grey hair with permanent frowns. As they rounded the corner they has a Chelsea sticker on the back of their van. :p You don't see that alot in America. Not saying in means anything towards whoever Chelsea is, but they didn't represent ubercool in the states today. :D

I was walking into the store today and saw a dirty minivan with two old women in it that looked like classic "white trash." They were wearing smocks or mumus and were missing teeth and had dirty glasses and sparse grey hair with permanent frowns. As they rounded the corner they has a Chelsea sticker on the back of their van. :p You don't see that alot in America. Not saying in means anything towards whoever Chelsea is, but they didn't represent ubercool in the states today. :D

Haha, Chelsea fans are usually well dressed and that so one can wonder who those two were. I have heard about this english contingent though over there that gather at pubs to watch the games and that.

Back
Top Bottom