The Man City thread

I'm sorry to say JJ is no longer a credible source for football talk.
City did deserve last year.
But not to credit Utd for doing better than them this season shows
A lack of sportsmanship.
Bitter and twisted.
But the time will tell.
I don't think I will be around to see City ever beat Utds
Record of the last 20 years.

The main men decided to show up for City, contracts and all that. So what you win nothing, get used to it.

Well the season hasn't ended - so we could end up with the FA Cup to add to the Community Shield. That will probably disappoint those plebs who have no doubt made a banner with '1' on it :rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

I'm sorry to say JJ is no longer a credible source for football talk.
City did deserve last year.
But not to credit Utd for doing better than them this season shows
A lack of sportsmanship.
Bitter and twisted.
But the time will tell.
I don't think I will be around to see City ever beat Utds
Record of the last 20 years.

I'm not sure I didn't not credit united for this season (I said it was another issue, which it is) but the fact remains (fact as in speaking to quite a few rags i know) who all say they have been ''not as good'' this season despite the position.)
As I said, if you disagree, show me another united team that you feel were not as good as the current team. Take van Pussy's performances in the first half of the season out of the equation and what have you got left? Wooney has been wanting for a while. Nani? Last time he turned in a performance was???
The Little Pea can't play a whole game and have the same impact he does off the bench with 15 to go.
The fact that the brother's wife shagger and the ginger one who can't tackle are still around shows a lack of depth. Fergie has been good at papering over the cracks this season - but I'm not sure he will get away with it next season. City will improve the squad way more than last summer (only Nastasic on Monday night was bought by Mancini last summer) and the early Euro exit will hit united more financially than City's early exit will.

I don't watch City just in the hope they will emulate what the rags have done in the past 20 years, in the same way i dont aim to beat Liverpool's feat in the 70's / 80's or Huddersfield's in the 30's and Preston's over 100 years ago. It's hear and it's now that counts.
united keep harking back to history in the same way their fans vilified Liverpool fans for harking back to history when their candle was burning out and united's was just being lit.
So rags can proudly wear their ''20 shirts'' (wisely made last year not containing the exact year that would be achieved :rofl:
The obsession with numbers is coming back to bite them, the 35 year banner pulled down, the 20 year shirts put on hold for 12 months..... who cares.... the future's bright, the future's sky blue. And that's why history and numbers are important right now to united as they know and can feel what is coming around the corner....
up The Blues
Jukebox Jury

Yes, those 30,000 empty seats against Crystal Palace showed you up didn't they ;)
Come back when you've won it the 20th time. You were gobbin' off about that last April too ;)

Jukebox Jury

Hahahaha!
My prediction last year was wrong by a margin of a few seconds. Who could have predicted what happened in the last 2 minutes of last season? The answer: nobody.
I saw you bitters crying on the telly and leaving the stadium in disappointment with 5 minutes of 'normal' time still to play. Now...THAT is what I call belief in your team!

Come back when we've won it 20 times?
Well, I am here and it's now. :guitar:

Irregular "we've won it 20 times" Regular

PS1: enjoy your shield! :thumb:
PS2: come back when you've won it the 4th time. :laughing:

The scary bit for the rest is that United have been nowhere near their old self and still they ran away with a huge lead. I love that United have gone from a side that performed only in the big games but often lost against lesser sides to now being a squad that focuses on the whole season. I would not mind if United lost all top games if they won all the other games instead because as long as the league is competitive and the other top sides get defeated then you can lose against other top sides but still win the league by beating the rest.

It also says a lot about how far United have come when just a league title is considered some sort of failure. I just think people that hate United are busy to write down whatever they achieve and that is a very dark and lonely place to be at. Fergie's goal was to be better than Liverpool and he achieved that and it is just amazing that United are one title better than Liverpool and may even be two better next month or even this month.

Personally I feel that United will not beat Stoke or West Ham and may end up drawing both. Spurs now have a long rest which they need after extra time and penalties in Europe until they take on City at home and that game is the last tricky one for City but I still believe City will win quite easily at Spurs. Injuries come into it at this stage of the season and that may play a big part. United players look burned out and have no energy at this stage and you cannot see where the goals can come from either.

10 points is needed for United and that means 3 and a draw or 2 wins and 4 draws. I just know we will see panic creep in and I am not sure United can handle the pressure now. With City in the FA Cup semi they will have a game in hand. Should United draw both their next games then United will be 11 points ahead but with CIty having a game in hand. That will then be the situation when City face Spurs and United play Villa the day after.

United then play Arsenal away and Chelsea at home and I expect United to get just 1 point from those games. United's lead after those 2 games will be 6 points with City having a game in hand. United have to beat Swansea and at least draw at West Brom.

Hahahaha!
My prediction last year was wrong by a margin of a few seconds. Who could have predicted what happened in the last 2 minutes of last season? The answer: nobody.
I saw you bitters crying on the telly and leaving the stadium in disappointment with 5 minutes of 'normal' time still to play. Now...THAT is what I call belief in your team!

Come back when we've won it 20 times?
Well, I am here and it's now. :guitar:

Irregular "we've won it 20 times" Regular

PS1: enjoy your shield! :thumb:
PS2: come back when you've won it the 4th time. :laughing:

Oh dear..... you talk about leaving 5 mins before the end of the game.......?? what about united fans breaking the record for quickest 30,000 fans to evacuate Wembley Stadium in the semi 2 years ago ;) - with not even Fergie time yet on the clock..... very poor show.....

and as for crying fans.... well nothing beats this lot of rag-amuffins..... :rofl:
Watch the peado looking one with the tache and the radio, above the lady in red..... he turns and says ''they've scored''. Priceless! :laughing:

PS - come back when we've won it (the Community Shield) 4 times......??? oh dear...... another rag who doesn't know what he's taking about (again) :rolleyes:

Manchester City - FA Community/Charity Shield Winners
1937-38, 1968-69, 1972-73, 2012-13 :cool:

Jukebox Jury

The scary bit for the rest is that United have been nowhere near their old self and still they ran away with a huge lead. I love that United have gone from a side that performed only in the big games but often lost against lesser sides to now being a squad that focuses on the whole season. I would not mind if United lost all top games if they won all the other games instead because as long as the league is competitive and the other top sides get defeated then you can lose against other top sides but still win the league by beating the rest.

It also says a lot about how far United have come when just a league title is considered some sort of failure. I just think people that hate United are busy to write down whatever they achieve and that is a very dark and lonely place to be at. Fergie's goal was to be better than Liverpool and he achieved that and it is just amazing that United are one title better than Liverpool and may even be two better next month or even this month.

Personally I feel that United will not beat Stoke or West Ham and may end up drawing both. Spurs now have a long rest which they need after extra time and penalties in Europe until they take on City at home and that game is the last tricky one for City but I still believe City will win quite easily at Spurs. Injuries come into it at this stage of the season and that may play a big part. United players look burned out and have no energy at this stage and you cannot see where the goals can come from either.

10 points is needed for United and that means 3 and a draw or 2 wins and 4 draws. I just know we will see panic creep in and I am not sure United can handle the pressure now. With City in the FA Cup semi they will have a game in hand. Should United draw both their next games then United will be 11 points ahead but with CIty having a game in hand. That will then be the situation when City face Spurs and United play Villa the day after.

United then play Arsenal away and Chelsea at home and I expect United to get just 1 point from those games. United's lead after those 2 games will be 6 points with City having a game in hand. United have to beat Swansea and at least draw at West Brom.

Stoke are doomed

Oh dear..... you talk about leaving 5 mins before the end of the game.......?? what about united fans breaking the record for quickest 30,000 fans to evacuate Wembley Stadium in the semi 2 years ago ;) - with not even Fergie time yet on the clock..... very poor show.....

and as for crying fans.... well nothing beats this lot of rag-amuffins..... :rofl:
Watch the peado looking one with the tache and the radio, above the lady in red..... he turns and says ''they've scored''. Priceless! :laughing:

PS - come back when we've won it (the Community Shield) 4 times......??? oh dear...... another rag who doesn't know what he's taking about (again) :rolleyes:

Manchester City - FA Community/Charity Shield Winners
1937-38, 1968-69, 1972-73, 2012-13 :cool:

Jukebox Jury

Oh dear indeed...
I was referring to the league when I said come back when you've won it four times. :rolleyes:
You appear to have some sort of ridiculous obsession with that shield JJ.
I never got into counting community shields strangely. I guess that's what one resorts to when following such a massive club.:laughing:

Irregular "20 league titles" Regular

PS: enjoy your shield! :thumb:

Oh dear indeed...
I was referring to the league when I said come back when you've won it four times. :rolleyes:
You appear to have some sort of ridiculous obsession with that shield JJ.
I never got into counting community shields strangely. I guess that's what one resorts to when following such a massive club.:laughing:

Irregular "20 league titles" Regular

Well you need to be more specific next time :rolleyes:
You said ''enjoy the shield'' and then ''come back when you've won it 4 times''

As stated before, I've only mentioned the shield as (like the League Cup) it's always quoted by rags as being a Mickey Mouse cup, apart from when united win it, then it's the best thing since Ralph Milne :laughing:

JJ

Well you need to be more specific next time :rolleyes:
You said ''enjoy the shield'' and then ''come back when you've won it 4 times''

As stated before, I've only mentioned the shield as (like the League Cup) it's always quoted by rags as being a Mickey Mouse cup, apart from when united win it, then it's the best thing since Ralph Milne :laughing:

JJ

You are right about Ralph JJ, he is not a patch on talents such as Laurent Charvet (for example). ;)

er, what was that you were saying about empty seats?
mufc - the club that keeps on giving....
:rofl:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/12/manchester-united-attendances-police-figures
:laughing:

Jukebox Jury

"United are still the best-supported club in England by some distance"
From the same nonsensical article.
There is no way there are 10,000 empty seats per league game.
I am there for every home game, and admittedly there are some empty seats here and there for some games, but never 10,000 seats or anywhere near that.

"United are still the best-supported club in England by some distance"
From the same nonsensical article.
There is no way there are 10,000 empty seats per league game.
I am there for every home game, and admittedly there are some empty seats here and there for some games, but never 10,000 seats or anywhere near that.

For ''best supported club in England'' read ''the club with the biggest stadium''
One by one, since Mancini arrived at City, the rag myths are being debunked..... 260 million fans..... season ticket waiting list of 6 years..... ''would love to go but can't get a ticket......'' all very :rofl:

You must really dread the day Bacon Face retires and you get to be managed by one of Phelan / Ince / Robson / Keane / Strachan / Hughes / Bacon Face Junior :laughing:
Enjoy 20..... it will be the last for a long time...... mufc..... the new Liverpool...... :laughing:

Jukebox Jury

Iregular Regular - look at these stats!!!!!! Read em and weep my rag friend, read them and weep! :laughing:

Date Opponents Actual attendance given by GMP Official attendance given by MUFC
25-Aug-12 Fulham 66,005 75,352
15-Sep-12 Wigan Athletic 66,686 75,142
29-Sep-12 Tottenham Hotspur 68,072 75,566
20-Oct-12 Stoke City 64,722 75,585
03-Nov-12 Arsenal 69,077 75,492
24-Nov-12 Queens Park Rangers 64,452 75,603
28-Nov-12 West Ham United 62,304 75,572
15-Dec-12 Sunderland 64,294 75,582
26-Dec-12 Newcastle United 64,996 75,596
29-Dec-12 West Bromwich Albion 66,847 75,595
13-Jan-13 Liverpool 69,933 75,501
30-Jan-13 Southampton 59,766 75,600
10-Feb-13 Everton 68,123 75,525
02-Mar-13 Norwich City 66,238 75,586
16-Mar-13 Reading 62,493 75,605

UEFA Champions League
19-Sep-12 Galatasary 61,111 74,653
23-Oct-12 S.C. Braga 56,452 73,195
05-Dec-12 CFR 1907 Cluj 46,894 71,521 :rolleyes:
05-Mar-13 Real Madrid 72,299 74,959

Domestic cups
26-Sep-12 Newcastle United 33,409 46,358 :rofl: 40,000 empty seats.......
16-Jan-13 West Ham United 51,724 71,081
26-Jan-13 Fulham 55,080 72,596
18-Feb-13 Reading 57,172 75,213
10-Mar-13 Chelsea 63,582 75,196

They're here, they're there, they're every f*****g where, empty seats, empty seats...

Jukebox Jury

For ''best supported club in England'' read ''the club with the biggest stadium''
One by one, since Mancini arrived at City, the rag myths are being debunked..... 260 million fans..... season ticket waiting list of 6 years..... ''would love to go but can't get a ticket......'' all very :rofl:

You must really dread the day Bacon Face retires and you get to be managed by one of Phelan / Ince / Robson / Keane / Strachan / Hughes / Bacon Face Junior :laughing:
Enjoy 20..... it will be the last for a long time...... mufc..... the new Liverpool...... :laughing:

Jukebox Jury

Grow up the both of you. There's nothing more boring than two people arguing over football clubs and which one is best. In football there is one rule and that is "put your medals on the table".

Grow up the both of you. There's nothing more boring than two people arguing over football clubs and which one is best. In football there is one rule and that is "put your medals on the table".

Who is arguing? This is just a bit of harmless fun, also known as football banter (do yourself a favour and look it up somewhere).
Do you find it boring? Well, why do you bother reading it? Look, it's really easy, all you have to do is keep away from this thread. There, problem solved for you.

Irregular '20 boring league medals' Regular

PS: I refuse to grow up :thumb:

Now...
Where were we?
Ah yes, stats.

Here you are JJ, some more stats for you:

Premier League:
1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999,
2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011

First Division Title:
1908, 1911, 1952, 1956, 1957
1965, 1967

Champions League/ European Cup:
1968, 1999, 2008

FA Cup:
1909, 1948, 1963, 1977, 1983, 1985
1990, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2004

League Cup:
1992, 2006, 2009, 2010

European Cup Winners Cup:

European Super Cup:

Intercontinental Cup:

World Club Champions:

Charity/Community Shield:
1908, 1911, 1952, 1956, 1957, 1965*
1967*, 1977* 1983, 1990*, 1993, 1994
1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011

Irregular "stato" Regular

Football fans from different clubs arguing (?) / discussing football in a thread about football............ what else do you expect?
For ONCE in this thread I agree with the rag Iregular Regular :cool:
I don't wanna act my age, it would be pipe and slippers otherwise and I'm not quite ready for that.

Come on City!!!!!!

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom