The Man City thread

Re: The Manchester City FC champions 2012 thread!

:lbf::lbf: This site has seen many a character in its time but Urban is by far the most amusing....and deluded. Either that or he is sat in his apartment laughing at us all for even answering this nonsense.
Is Natalie like Lisa, Lana and the one who left her kids? All in his head!

Why do I get the impression that you are jealous of his lifestyle somehow?

I know Laura was with a lad that loved someone else in London and kept going to the City games in the vain hope he would fall in love with her some day. I bet all she got when City scored that winner was a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

The Star and Garter christian

Why do I get the impression that you are jealous of his lifestyle somehow?

I know Laura was with a lad that loved someone else in London and kept going to the City games in the vain hope he would fall in love with her some day. I bet all she got when City scored that winner was a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

The Star and Garter christian

:lbf: or :crazy: ...you decide!

Congrats to City for the title win, just a shame you couldn't have relegated QPAHAHA at the same time. Still in shock that we are champions of europe! I fully expect City to do it too within the next two or three years. Up the Chels!!!!!

Congrats to City for the title win, just a shame you couldn't have relegated QPAHAHA at the same time. Still in shock that we are champions of europe! I fully expect City to do it too within the next two or three years. Up the Chels!!!!!

DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Full respect my friend (despite other silly posters insisting you rained on my parade!) Was rooting for you!

I'm actually in the middle of proof reading a book on Chelsea's CL season!! Will be out in about 2 weeks!!

JJ

My prediction for next season - 1. Man City 2. Chelsea 3. Man Utd 4. Arsenal 5. S***s 6. Liverpool 7. Everton 8. Newcastle

My prediction for next season - 1. Man City 2. Chelsea 3. Man Utd 4. Arsenal 5. S***s 6. Liverpool 7. Everton 8. Newcastle

Could be interesting this to see what people predict. Here is my prediction:

1. Chelsea 2. Man City 3. Arsenal 4. Spurs 5. Newcastle 6. Liverpool 7. Man United 8. West Brom

1. Chelsea 2. Man City 3. Arsenal 4. Spurs 5. Newcastle 6. Liverpool 7. Man United 8. West Brom

Man U 7th?!?!?!? Are you 'avin a larf?

DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Full respect my friend (despite other silly posters insisting you rained on my parade!) Was rooting for you!

I'm actually in the middle of proof reading a book on Chelsea's CL season!! Will be out in about 2 weeks!!

JJ

Wow! Look forward to reading that. Is it a Mark Worrall/Kelvin Barker book?

It has always surprised me over the years how quick people are to write United off. It is as if the past during these Premier League years haven't taught them a lesson at all. When Chelsea suddenly got rich and found the right manager it seemed as United were a thing of the past. Trouble was though that United followed up 3 seasons where they didn't win the league by winning it 3 times on the trot to hammer home yet another convincing message to the rest.

Looking at the past season there wasn't much in it and City and United both surrendered 8 point leads but United did it last and towards the end of the season. The difference in injuries that hit both squads was huge and in favour of City so the fact that United only lost on goal difference is in itself amazing.

You don't have to be a United fan to defend them and point out that in the past they have always bounced back and with several new players now having a season under their belt United could well be up for something major in the coming season. I think people predicting their downfall and the end of their era do this cause they want that to happen and not because they believe that will be the case.

Personally I think United will be more determined than ever to do well next season as they must feel they were hard done by and when they feel like that you know someone is going to pay for it. In any case if United would fail next season the fact is that when they finally add another league title again then all they have won before suddenly becomes worth more than for the other few clubs that haven't won it that many times.

City is the only club that have been relegated as champions in the past. They have won it but they haven't shown they can cope with being champions and the feeling at the club is still that there is a lot going on all the time that tends to influence things in a bad way.

DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJ

Hahaha the defence mechanism is in overdrive here. This boy needs a big pill and it must be white and smoothe to swallow.

Hey guys, all I am afraid of is that the maya calender ends in 2012 and that it would be typical for City and their bad luck if the world ended now they've finally won it. What do you think, is it a sign?

It has always surprised me over the years how quick people are to write United off. It is as if the past during these Premier League years haven't taught them a lesson at all. When Chelsea suddenly got rich and found the right manager it seemed as United were a thing of the past. Trouble was though that United followed up 3 seasons where they didn't win the league by winning it 3 times on the trot to hammer home yet another convincing message to the rest.

Looking at the past season there wasn't much in it and City and United both surrendered 8 point leads but United did it last and towards the end of the season. The difference in injuries that hit both squads was huge and in favour of City so the fact that United only lost on goal difference is in itself amazing.

You don't have to be a United fan to defend them and point out that in the past they have always bounced back and with several new players now having a season under their belt United could well be up for something major in the coming season. I think people predicting their downfall and the end of their era do this cause they want that to happen and not because they believe that will be the case.

Personally I think United will be more determined than ever to do well next season as they must feel they were hard done by and when they feel like that you know someone is going to pay for it. In any case if United would fail next season the fact is that when they finally add another league title again then all they have won before suddenly becomes worth more than for the other few clubs that haven't won it that many times.

City is the only club that have been relegated as champions in the past. They have won it but they haven't shown they can cope with being champions and the feeling at the club is still that there is a lot going on all the time that tends to influence things in a bad way.

Blah blah blah dial a united cliche
We've heard them all over the past few months
''united are always better in the 2nd half''
''united's experience will give them the advantage''
''City have never been in this position before''
''never write united off''

blah blah - well all those self perpetuating myths were debunked last week! yet now you come out with ''City haven't shown they can cope with being champions''!!!!!!! Give is a chance!!!! We only won it 8 days ago!!!!!!!

Oh, and bringing up the fact that in 1938 we got relegated a year after winning the league is really playing on Mancini's mind........ :rolleyes:

Now excuse me whilst I go and rip up a picture of Frank Lampard in my disgust at Chelsea pissing on my chips :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wow! Look forward to reading that. Is it a Mark Worrall/Kelvin Barker book?

So this is the new Blues Brothers, City and Chelsea, now Glasgow Rangers are out of the picture?

The Huns always find new homes.

Blah blah blah dial a united cliche
We've heard them all over the past few months
''united are always better in the 2nd half''
''united's experience will give them the advantage''
''City have never been in this position before''
''never write united off''

blah blah - well all those self perpetuating myths were debunked last week! yet now you come out with ''City haven't shown they can cope with being champions''!!!!!!! Give is a chance!!!! We only won it 8 days ago!!!!!!!

Oh, and bringing up the fact that in 1938 we got relegated a year after winning the league is really playing on Mancini's mind........ :rolleyes:

Now excuse me whilst I go and rip up a picture of Frank Lampard in my disgust at Chelsea pissing on my chips :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Facts are never cliche's. Things that never happened or rarely do are.

Chelsea parade silenced the City fans who are gutted still.

Facts are never cliche's. Things that never happened or rarely do are.

Chelsea parade silenced the City fans who are gutted still.

I have asked you about 4 times to show me ''the facts'' (seeing as that's what you claim to deal in) that City fans were silenced and gutted. Show me message board links, or any other evidence. You haven't and you cant. You are using this myth to hide behind your own complete horror that City, Chelsea and even your ''biggest rivals'' Liverpool managed to win some silverware this season. united won f*** all and rather than allow that FACT sink in, you clutch at straws and make up imaginary things to deflect your own teams failures this past season.

Ask yourself this..... which set of fans was more peeved in the last 2 weeks.... City fans (having won the PL) watching Chelsea win the CL, or rags, having won f*** ALL, watching both City's and Chelsea's parade. Try as hard as you can to either convince yourself it is City fans or attempt to wind me up, deep down you know the truth, I know the truth and everyone knows the truth.

Now do one rag boy.

JJ

Ask yourself this

Overnight I got an email from Urban who seemed thrilled he foresaw City winning the league. He's not been visiting Solo since his last post in this thread. He is on the biggest cruise ship in the world I think, named "The World", and I got a link to see where it was currently located in the world but couldn't work it out. He wanted to say hello to all Soloists he knows and especially the City fans on here. He wrote that it was ok for me to post on here from the email so I chose parts of it:

"Hullo Paddy!

Dunno where the fook we are at the moment cause I woke up late and had to send you an email. Some famous people onboard and last night me and the lads had a night on our own minus the women and when we had dinner guess who was sat table next to ours?

David Morrissey the actor.

The first thing David does when he saw our jaws drop a bit was to turn to Phil Jones saying "You play for Man United don't you?"

LOL fooking LOL

Anyway he and his wife or whatever moved over to our table and I ordered in this magnum bottle of bubbly to celebrate this great moment. He told us a lot about various films we'd all seen him in but no-one asked him about Steven cause I think we all felt that would be a bit too private and disrespectful as the man himself is a big star in our eyes at least.

Paddy, I will send you away on a little treat as you couldn't make it this time and that includes your lovely girlfriend of course so tell her to start packing or buy new outfits cause she will fooking need them"

Well Solo, it seems Urban is having a hell of a time onboard The World.

--Paddy

Overnight I got an email from Urban who seemed thrilled he foresaw City winning the league. He's not been visiting Solo since his last post in this thread. He is on the biggest cruise ship in the world I think, named "The World", and I got a link to see where it was currently located in the world but couldn't work it out. He wanted to say hello to all Soloists he knows and especially the City fans on here. He wrote that it was ok for me to post on here from the email so I chose parts of it:

"Hullo Paddy!

Dunno where the fook we are at the moment cause I woke up late and had to send you an email. Some famous people onboard and last night me and the lads had a night on our own minus the women and when we had dinner guess who was sat table next to ours?

The first thing David does when he saw our jaws drop a bit was to turn to Phil Jones saying "You play for Man United don't you?"

LOL fooking LOL

Anyway he and his wife or whatever moved over to our table and I ordered in this magnum bottle of bubbly to celebrate this great moment. He told us a lot about various films we'd all seen him in but no-one asked him about Steven cause I think we all felt that would be a bit too private and disrespectful as the man himself is a big star in our eyes at least.

Paddy, I will send you away on a little treat as you couldn't make it this time and that includes your lovely girlfriend of course so tell her to start packing or buy new outfits cause she will fooking need them"

--Paddy

Nice story Paddy (with emphasis on the word ''story'').

So Phil Jones is on the cruise ship ''The World''???
That's quite interesting as I could have sworn I saw him on Sky Sports News at City's stadium training with the rest of England's 2012 Euro Championship squad.

Paddy / Urban - you've been rumbled. Now do us all a favour and f*** off.

JJ

"Hullo Paddy!

LOL fooking LOL

--Paddy
Hahahahahahahaahaa worst made up Urban story ever! "celebrate this great moment" - what meeting some actor and Phil Jones?? Has Phil stopped skriking yet after his day at Sunderland?
Keep these stories coming Urbs...they are bloody hilarious!!

Back
Top Bottom