New Order Announce UK Tour

Do really think so? New Order without Peter Hook? I think it's a travesty. Gillian they could sacrifice. Not Hooky.

Do really think so? New Order without Peter Hook? I think it's a travesty. Gillian they could sacrifice. Not Hooky.

It's all greedy Hooky's fault that Bernie and Steve decided to play without him.

It's all greedy Hooky's fault that Bernie and Steve decided to play without him.

Is it, Kewpie? I have no idea what they're fighting about. I've never understood. I thought their personalities clashed, that's all.

Whatever the case, I hope Hooky succeeds with his efforts to block The Other Three from using the name New Order. It's not New Order without Hooky.

Yes, I am really thrilled by the news.
I know what you mean though, but given the options of seeing New Order sans Hooky or not seeing them at all I know which one I'd go with.
Every single time.

I agree with Worm that New Order aren't NO without Hooky. On the surface, Hook quit the band and the others decided to continue without him. Who knows what really happened. I think he was sick of Bernard taking his time in comitting to another record.

From reading his comments about The Stone Roses reuniting, I get the impression Peter regrets his decision to leave the band but his pride won't let him apologize and ask to get back in.

Yes, I am really thrilled by the news.
I know what you mean though, but given the options of seeing New Order sans Hooky or not seeing them at all I know which one I'd go with.
Every single time.

Fair enough. It just seems like a poor decision from a band whose members decided, without even seriously considering an alternative, that they would not continue as Joy Division without Ian Curtis because they understood that a missing member totally changed the makeup of the band. Hooky is as indispensible to New Order as Curtis was to Joy Division, so it disappoints me they'd bother to go on as "New Order". I don't want them to become a nostalgia-circuit joke-- I can think of many groups to cite, but the recent stories I've read about Van Halen's new tour are cautionary enough.

I agree with Worm that New Order aren't NO without Hooky.

Call them New Order, call them The Other Three, call them whatever you wish.
You and Worm and whomever else wants to come up with a witty name.
I am really pleased to have the opportunity to see them play live again.

It will be brilliant and they still sound great, with or without Hooky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, New Order without Hooky is as bad as a boat having an italian captain. I always loved his bass and the incredible drive he created with it. I have never seen them live which in itself is incredible. Not sure my tinnitus is up for it either. God I am old.

That clip above from Brazil made me depressed now. Bernard is grey and I think I can see more than one extra chin. They have replaced a woman in dresses with one wearing H&M over a body that has lost all its shape or is that the same woman (I hope not).

A media journo in Sweden wrote a long article last year about how he never liked Hooky cause of his towel over the shoulder look that have followed him over the years. This journo felt Hooky gives this impression of being a horrible man one would not like to spend time with but I have seen a few interviews and I find him funny and to the point and very much a local man as he is like most of the people I got to know in Manchester over the years.

I just wish that some people who have been great could have the ability to retire gracefully cause the last impression is what people remembers. But I wish them good luck anyway.

Back
Top Bottom