Wembley

Bluebirds

Had a ticket to see Morrissey there in 1991. In the arena

Seen Cardiff City 4 times there since 2008. In the stadium.

WEMBLEY wembley WE'RE THE FAMOUS CARDIFF CITY AND WE'RE OFF TO WEMBLEY.

AGAIN

Had a ticket to see Morrissey there in 1991. In the arena

Seen Cardiff City 4 times there since 2008. In the stadium.

WEMBLEY wembley WE'RE THE FAMOUS CARDIFF CITY AND WE'RE OFF TO WEMBLEY.

AGAIN

Congrats mate, I was so pleased for you to have such a great day out to look forward to. I was at Wembley in 1992 when United beat Forest to win it so will it be your turn to party 20 years later?
Missed the first leg against Palace cause I completely forgot about it but I saw the return and what an end with those penalties.
Great that one can now watch english broadcasts of the games online for free and from the laptop onto the big tv. Your studio shows are so much more professional and interesting.
Liverpool's name on the trophy unless you provide a miracle but what the hell you got to the final. I have only ever felt emotional for a rival manager and that was for Ranieri as Chelsea knocked Arsenal out of the Champions League and when I saw the tears in the eyes of Dalglish as they booked their final place.
Nothing to do with it being City that were knocked out cause they will win the league anyway, but I just felt respect for the mans passion for his club and I saw him score against United at Old Trafford in 1983.
Welsh football is booming!

Speaking of Crystal Palace, I was of course at the 1990 FA Cup Final when United and Palace drew 3-3 and recently I was looking through videos from that game on Youtube on my smart-dvd and happened to find the clip where me and dad can be partially seen in the stands during the singing of "abide with me". Dad holds up the swedish flag and I am holding up a Man United scarf to the left of the flag. It can be seen here from 1:47 into the clip. I can recommend the documentary about Palace and their way to that years final which must be the most complete documentary about a sides way to a final ever made.

It was a very friendly final and I remember how I was hanging over the fence after the game was over and managed to shake hands with Palace player John Salako. Mark Hughes saved us in extra time to earn a replay that we won and that was the start of Sir Alex great era. If not for that goal many say Fergie would have been sacked.

Crystal Palace happened to be the first club me and dad went to see live in England in 1980 or 1981 when they lost 3-0 at Selhurst Park against Coventry. We were there just a few weeks or maybe days before parts of a stand collapsed in that stadium.

Clip of me and dad at Wembley 1990 with swedish flag (1:47 into the video):

Clips of us and the swedish flag was used by BBC in a documentary about crowd trouble and accidents in the stands which I happened to see glimpses of a few summers ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom