Cocteau Twins

Will Liz Fraser Release Music/Perform Ever Again?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Why do The Cocteau Twins hate "Treasure" so much? By far it's one of the best albums they made and yet they have always bashed it.

perhaps it has something to do with that they found it difficult to reproduce the sound of the songs live
at least that is my ancient answer to this question...

Jesus Christ....Liz Frazer is performing solo in 2012!! She's actually doing something! WOW! 6th and 7th August in London at the Meltdown Festival! Amazing! :D

Re: Good news Davie!

Can somebody send me a link from dimeadozen on her Bath bootleg? pwwwwease!!!

Re: Good news Davie!

Listened to the bootleg. Hmm, I think liz's new band did wreck some of the cocteau twins songs. I think Robin is essential for the Cocteau Twuns songs. The unfortuate thing ia that the solo material doesn't match up at all to Cocteau Twins at all. The same fate is going to happen to Liz, like Morrissey

boooooooooooo

Listened to the bootleg. Hmm, I think liz's new band did wreck some of the cocteau twins songs. I think Robin is essential for the Cocteau Twuns songs. The unfortuate thing ia that the solo material doesn't match up at all to Cocteau Twins at all. The same fate is going to happen to Liz, like Morrissey

It's your opinion, just keep it to yourself.

Re: boooooooooooo

oh, thats too bad :straightface:

are you serious? I can't really tell with you :confused: because I for one am interested in Davie's opinion
as I am sure others are...

Re: boooooooooooo

Well since this a forum full of DIFFERENT views (most of them anonymous, I haste to add). I guess I will continue to write what I MYSELF think, no wonder nobody wants to post a bloody thing here when people like yourself post stupid pathetic things like this...and your supposed to be a moderator!

Re-listening to the bootleg again. ah! I just cannot get into Liz's new direction. They butchered "Cherry Coloured Funk"! It's one of my favourite songs by CT and it's played so weak. I do admire people who do their own interpretations of covers, but they are her songs anyway and I just don't see why there is any need to change the CT songs because they are already written masterpieces!
I guess Liz just wants Robin's personality and signature to be completely removed from the songs. It's a shame.
The new stuff sounds like what she did with Massive Attack, which I really do dislike. It doesn't sound good to my ears anyway. I think she should just find a shoegaze guitarist and share ideas. I'd like to see her team up with Julian Swales from "Kitchens Of Distinction".

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizabeth Fraser will be playing at the Royal Festival Hall on Monday 6 August 2012 - Tuesday 7 August 2012

today and tomorrow!! i've got my friend to record it with his iphone because I'm skint and can't afford to leave the boarders of Wales! That's what real Indie fans are :D

Watching clips from her first date at the Meltdown festival....oh dear Liz! You really need Robin and Simon!! She's spent over 10 years on these songs and what a waste of time. It's the end of the line for Liz, unless she bring The Cocteau Twins. She needs a musical genius to par with her voice, not amatuers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom