Morrissey at the Viña del Mar Festival, Chile 2012

Best twit yet:

twitr.png

Some freaky keyboard effects going on while Moz changes into black shirt & then comes back on for LMKY

Those keyboard effects that somehow remind me of "Wholle Lotta Love" were used as intro for All The Lazy Dykes last year. But then they started playing Let Me Kiss You, just to confuse my head.

Re: Morrissey is rehearsing 14 hours a day to perform in Viña Del Mar Festival

Let me also say thanks for the direct report from Chile. Great stuff!
There have obviously been many accounts to read of Morrissey's time in the studio over the years, but I can't recall one of an extended rehearsal period like this.

Re: Who was it that Morrissey hugged in Chili????

Julia?

Re: Morrissey is rehearsing 14 hours a day to perform in Viña Del Mar Festival

Thank you, Alejandro, a very nice read. "Dicen que es muy divo" :lbf: I like that expression. Have fun at the concert! (Also, who the hell is Rafael from Spain?)

Quality isn't great, but it's still available to watch at:
http://es.justin.tv/bluetv_premium2/b/309611227
Fast forward to about 14:35:00 (that's 14 hours, 35 min).
Great to see this! He was given a King's welcome!

It's really quite an epic show, great crowd, full-bodied hug for Julia (first time ever?), great shirts, gorgeous women in the audience. Jesse's guitar playing has markedly improved ("that wouldn't be hard, some would say, but still...). Could be released as its own video!

"The kindness of Chile is too much for my heart. I'm so thankful".

What a great performance. The band sounded in fine shape too. I hope those weird keyboards are used in some future composition. Really nice to see Moz getting such a great reception from the crowd.

When does he hug Julia?

Re: Chile Setlist 24/02/12

Disappointing to see "The Last of the Famous International Playboys" has been dropped.

What was wrong with last year's Glasto setlist?

Last edited:

The lighting at this festival was dreadful. I thought at first that in the last 6 months his hair had gone completely snow white. This is from yesterday that shows he's mostly brunette still. Not that it matters, I was just surprised. It's all about lighting.

10298_304.jpg

Are there any MOZ T-shirts sold for this tour? What are the designs? Any pics?

Cheers!

mbr.

Back
Top Bottom