Morrissey at the Viña del Mar Festival, Chile 2012

Morrissey is rehearsing 14 hours a day to perform in Viña Del Mar Festival

Here is another review about Morrissey in Chile. I will be translating some reviews for you guys, to keep you up to date with Morrissey's Tour in Chile and hopefully (if time permits) Southamerica

I do the translations quickly as the reviews appear so excuse me if I make any spelling mistake

Morrissey is rehearsing 14 hours a day to perform in Viña Del Mar Festival

The British man and his crew work from 8 in the morning until 12 PM at the “Escuela Moderna de Musica y Danza” (Modern School of Music and Dance) There, they order take-out food because they don’t want to interrupt their rehearsal. “He is not a diva-like person. The myth is actually bigger than what is real” said Matias Rengifo, the headmaster of the school.

Morrissey and his musicians are under lock and key at “Escuela Moderna de Danza y Musica” in Santiago, since Tuesday morning. The English man chose the school as his headquarters before his performance in the Viña del Mar festival this February 24th, and the Movistar Arena this February 26th.

He is rehearsing in our facilities since Tuesday. It’s exclusively available for them since 8 in the morning until 12PM.. They are very happy with the place and they said that they don’t want to move. We have set up a lunch place, because they order food from a vegetarian restaurant nearby. Said the headmaster of the school, Matias Rengifo.

Their visit has created turmoil among the students and the school itself. In spite of the students being on holidays, they came to the school looking for an autograph or a photo with the singer.

Musical Plans

The students are excited with Morrissey’s visit. We gave away 40 tickets for his concert via our web page, and in 2 minutes they were gone. Outside, many fans are waiting. Even some of my closest friends called me to see if they can get a photo. But I cannot allow them to.

How has Morrissey behaved in the school? It is said that he has diva-like attitudes.

That is not true. Myth is bigger than reality I think. Morrissey is very kind and quiet. Obviously when he arrives, the fans and the press make a great fuss outside, and that can be uncomfortable for anyone. But after rehearsing, he and his musicians always go out to greet the fans.

Did you call the police to control the fans and the press?

We have security measures and we work together with the police, but our facilities are located in a very quiet neighbourhood. The musicians did not request for any additional security measure because they come with four bodyguards who, looking at their size, each one is the equivalent to 4 of our men.

Are you nervous for having such a great artist in your school?

In our school, we have had many artist of the same level, even bigger than Morrissey. Such as the band Yes, Raphael from Spain and many others, so we are used to deal with these kinds of situations. But I must admit that I am a follower of Morrissey’s career, but I had to keep the fan in me under control.

Here is the link for the actual review

http://www.lanacion.cl/morrissey-es...nfrentar-vina/noticias/2012-02-23/114509.html

Enjoy

Alejandro

Re: Morrissey is rehearsing 14 hours a day to perform in Viña Del Mar Festival

That's too much to bother reading, but I will say that having seen Morrissey in the UK on the most recent tour he doesn't need to rehearse that much. His band, on the other hand..

To my knowledge he doesn't even sing at his own sound checks these days

Good to know. Thanks for taking the time, headmusic. Much appreciated.

To my knowledge he doesn't even sing at his own sound checks these days

He seems to be very relaxed here, he goes out everyday walking to a reataurant near the hotel. And apparently he is doing some rehearsing now since the invitation to the Festival was with such a short notice. And I heard that he is going to play songs that he hasnt played in a long time. Or at least the band hasn't. We will see tonight at the Festival.

Cheers!!

He seems to be very relaxed here, he goes out everyday walking to a reataurant near the hotel. And apparently he is doing some rehearsing now since the invitation to the Festival was with such a short notice. And I heard that he is going to play songs that he hasnt played in a long time. Or at least the band hasn't. We will see tonight at the Festival.

Cheers!!

Very kind of you. Thanks, headmusic for the insights into the little dramas of awe and accommodation happening on the ground around Morrissey and band there. : )

Cheers!!
Yeah, he looked quite excited on the recent photos. Something very new or very old, or not played before songs will be good. Not long now

Re: morrissey`s chile"Viña del Mar" concert filmed for TV

I've got the audio, but want the visual. Has anyone been able to get it?

I'm watching on the UStream Live link. Morrissey looks lovely in red shirt. Crowd are loving it - first 3 songs - 'I Want the One...', First of the Gang & 'Fatty'

Some freaky keyboard effects going on while Moz changes into black shirt & then comes back on for LMKY

Yeah, he looked quite excited on the recent photos. Something very new or very old, or not played before songs will be good. Not long now

Ouija Board, Ouija Board is quite old

Re: Who was it that Morrissey hugged in Chili????

Isn't that Hoolia?

Chile Setlist 24/02/12

I Want the One I can't Have
First of the Gang To Die
You're the one for me Fatty
When Last I spoke to Carol
Black Cloud
Speedway
There Is a Light That never Goes Out
Everyday is like Sunday
I Know it's over
Let me kiss You
People are the same everywhere
Throwing My arms around Paris
Meat is murder
Ouija board, ouija board
I will see you in far off places
Scandinavia
You Have killed me
How soon is now?

EDIT- 100% supplied by M-in-Oz & CO
Thanks

Last edited:
Re: Who was it that Morrissey hugged in Chili????

The camera man was cutting to her either in the style of "She's the luckiest woman in the world." not knowing who she was or "This is Morrissey's wife." :p

Back
Top Bottom