Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 71

Thread: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

  1. #21

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by íViva Morrissey! View Post
    Really? What evidence do you have of this? Perhaps they were close friends? Boz is close friends with Morrissey, did they have a sexual relationship too? Two friends can't live together without being gay? You're quite naive. You sound as if you're hoping he's gay to suit your lifestyle.

    Oh yeah, he did so with Linder "during that time" (or before that time) too. So now he's straight, right? He also took pictures almost completely naked RECENTLY with his current band, so surely, he's gay and having sex with his entire band, including Boz, right? AGAIN, you're naive.

    And? So? What's your point? So if someone writes Morrissey's name across their chest, post it on facebook, they're gay and in love with Morrissey, huh? Interesting. Seriously, what planet are you from, Ms Fag Enabler?
    One more thing- do you really think he lived, took photos like this one (it's a great photo by Anton Corbijn, by the way), swapped clothes and wrote songs about his roommate? It's quite clear there was something more between them. It's speculation, I know, but the clues are all there
    Last edited by alek2702; January 13, 2012 at 05:48 AM.

  2. #22

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by alek2702 View Post
    This interview comes to mind...
    Some quotes for you:


    Really, you must be in some serious denial if you think Morrissey is straight
    OK, just as I thought - out of context. Let's analyze this interview you reference:

    If there is a great mystery in Morrissey's life, however, it relates not to his business acumen but to his sexuality: a subject of endless fascination to his admirers ever since 1983 when Morrissey announced that he was celibate, thus apparently committing himself to a discipline attempted by only a few exceptional historical figures: men such as John Paul II, John Ruskin and Stephen Fry. How was it going?

    'Well, I don't have physical relationships, if that's what you mean,' Morrissey said. 'But to use the word celibacy, to apply it to oneself is like implying that one has made a very firm decision. And that is not the case in my life. But physical relationships I never had. And if you never had, you never do,' he added, cryptically. 'The amount of activity I have actually experienced in my life could be crammed down to a rather pathetic couple of hours.'

    His previous pronouncements on the subject have, I suggested, been rather confusing. In interviews he has said, variously, that 'I can't imagine my body ever feeling sexual excitement', that 'I wasn't aware of sexual experience until I was 28', and that 'I lost my virginity at 13'. These statements seemed somewhat inconsistent.

    'Well Ś they are inconsistent,' he says. 'But not all of our lives are as cut and dried and black and white as they should be. Or as they might even seem to be.' So there you have it. Morrissey, who was heavily influenced by the feminist literature of the late Seventies, still argues that he as 'never seen the world as a gender-specific place'.
    OK, let's stop right here:

    The abundance of homo-erotic imagery in his lyrics and album covers (Your Arsenal, for example, shows him brandishing a microphone in a highly suggestive manner) should not, he says, be taken as a veiled declaration of homosexuality. 'I'm not running ahead and leaving clues hidden behind bus stops, as it were,' he says. 'One of my physical encounters was with a man. That was 10 years ago. It was just a very brief, absurd and amusing moment,' adds Morrissey, in his best Oscar Wilde. 'It wasn't love. I have never experienced that.'
    Morrissey says that his album covers and lyrics SHOULD NOT "be taken as a veiled declaration of homosexuality". Hmmm. Interesting.

    'One of my physical encounters was with a man. That was 10 years ago.
    This interview was conducted in 1992, so that puts the "incident" in 1982. Interestingly, he uses the word, "encounter." An encounter could be a simple hug or a man touching his knee or a stolen kiss catching a young Morrissey off-guard. To someone as physically and emotionally disabled as Morrissey was at this time, along with his declared celibacy, ANY human contact with ANYONE could be considered an "encounter". Let's take CrystalGeezer, for example, sorry CG, but it applies: CG went to a doctor's office and was "touched" and she found this to be semi-erotic, although the way she described it, it sounded more EROTIC than "semi." But here's a case, that depending on your own point of view and depravity, what one person considers erotic and another considers just a routine physical exam by a doctor is quite different. The truth is, Morrissey doesn't elabortate, so we STILL don't know.

    He continues:

    It was just a very brief, absurd and amusing moment,' adds Morrissey, in his best Oscar Wilde. 'It wasn't love. I have never experienced that.'
    Hmmm, this doesn't sound like beautiful gay sex occurred. Quite the opposite. In fact, he sounds like a straight guy describing a drunken, even dared brief kiss, at a party or something. That would be an "absurd" and "amusing" moment. Not, a matter of fact, gay sex romp that alek2702 seems to see in the "encounter".

    IN CONTRAST:

    Has he slept with women? 'Yes. I feel completely open.
    He seems QUITE COMFORTABLE ADMITTING TO THIS, doesn't he?

    And the interview goes on:

    If I met somebody tomorrow, male or female, and they loved me and I loved them, I would openly proclaim that I loved them, regardless of what they were. I think people should be loved whatever their gender, whatever their age. I am open to everything. I accept that my experience is different from that of most men. But I feel reasonably normal. I don't feel like a freak. My world is bigger. I never lived in a small town with small morals. I don't want to take drugs. I don't, so far as I am aware, want to take part in activities such as group sex. I'm actually a reasonably conservative, boring person.'
    Morrissey merely states that he is OPEN. No more, no less. He's open. Him and over half the population are "OPEN" at the prospect of love, ESPECIALLY, if you're lonely, rejected and feel, in fact, UNLOVED. This doesn't mean GAY. This mean more "lonely". As I stated before, for people who can't read and can't comprehend very well. NO ONE is 100% anything. Straight or Gay. Morrissey has NEVER admitted ANYTHING. The only people who know are the people who had an "encounter" with him and even that doesn't say THAT much. People can change. Their interests do change. Many gay people realize that they are not gay and many straight people realize they are not straight. Everything is influx and variable depending on circumstances. So again, Moz doesn't come across as GAY to me. Andy Bell from Erasure comes off as GAY and he is. Morrissey does not. And actually, the gay community finds Morrissey irksome, while dabbling in what they believe to "their" cultural references, Morrissey doesn't feel the need, while plucking "their" things (claimed) like palare and what not, to associate himself with the gay community or anything therein. Seems curious. Why? Perhaps, because, he's NOT gay.

  3. #23

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by íViva Morrissey! View Post
    OK, just as I thought - out of context. Let's analyze this interview you reference:
    This interview was conducted in 1992, so that puts the "incident" in 1982. Interestingly, he uses the word, "encounter." An encounter could be a simple hug or a man touching his knee or a stolen kiss catching a young Morrissey off-guard. To someone as physically and emotionally disabled as Morrissey was at this time, along with his declared celibacy, ANY human contact with ANYONE could be considered an "encounter".
    *snip*
    As I said before- if you use an expression like "physical encounter" when asked about homosexuality it's clear you mean sexual activity, not "a simple hug".
    You're awfully defensive about this, I wonder why?

    And have you read the interview with Johny Marr where he clearly states that Morrissey had sex with women AND men? Or are you going to tell me he ment something else?
    Last edited by alek2702; January 13, 2012 at 05:23 AM.

  4. #24

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by íViva Morrissey! View Post
    Morrissey merely states that he is OPEN. No more, no less. He's open. Him and over half the population are "OPEN" at the prospect of love,
    No. He clearly said that he's open to both sexes, which 'half the population' certainly isn't (sadly).
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by íViva Morrissey! View Post
    NO ONE is 100% anything. Straight or Gay.
    Now you contradict yourself. This is what you wrote a couple of posts ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by íViva Morrissey! View Post
    he's STRAIGHT.
    I'm not trying to shock or oppose you, but this is a fact.
    And then, you contradict yourself again:
    Quote Originally Posted by íViva Morrissey! View Post
    The only people that would know Morrissey's sexuality are the one's who've slept with him.
    Funny.
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by íViva Morrissey! View Post
    So again, Moz doesn't come across as GAY to me.
    He's stated numerous times that he's attracted to both men and women, what he comes across as to you is irrelevant.
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by íViva Morrissey! View Post
    Andy Bell from Erasure comes off as GAY and he is. Morrissey does not.
    I hope you do realize that not every gay man is as camp as Andy Bell? (And by the way, have you seen November Spawned A Monster video?)


    It's funny how you desperately try to deny the fact (judging by what the man himself has said) that he's had some sexual experience with men.
    Last edited by alek2702; January 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM.

  5. #25
    My secret's my enzyme. CrystalGeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azusa Adjacent
    Posts
    24,207
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by zepfan1 View Post
    Q: You're taken for an aesthete. Are you never attracted by plastic beauty? Womenĺs physiques?
    M: I've had a quite late development on this level. Now if I see a beautiful woman I can be attracted like any man. But I find it very embarrassing. It's the same whether it's an attraction to a man or a woman. Nothing seems to go well with me. The concept of attraction doesn't work. Human relations don't work... If I see someone I find attractive, then I flee in the other direction. I'd be absolutely unable to go and talk to this person. What's the use of going and saying that I find this person attractive? It could never go well between us. The few times when I tried to build relationships - when I was younger - they never worked out for very long. So I gave up
    "It could never go well between us."

    This part intrigues me for reasons that are almost impossible to explain.



    Quote Originally Posted by !Viva Hate! View Post
    Maybe Geezer can give us advice seeing as she is an upstanding citizen in her community, trusted confidant to her friends, is extremely intelligent and properly educated, & just generally has her shit together in ways we could never hope to?

  6. #26

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by íViva Morrissey! View Post
    Everyone thinks they are so smart. The only people that would know Morrissey's sexuality are the one's who've slept with him. So, it's really stupid to speculate, but... If we have to use a term to describe him, he's STRAIGHT.

    I'm not trying to shock or oppose you, but this is a fact. I am also not saying he doesn't have "homo" tendencies, but this is nothing new for the entire human race. By the law of statistics, NO ONE is 100% straight and NO ONE (and this is the kicker) is 100% gay. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. So, knowing this, the question is: What percentage of straight/gay is Morrissey? 50/50? 60/40? 30/70? or 99/1? To know this, you'd have to be in Morrissey's head (pardon the pun). Morrissey has discussed this in the past by way of "masculine/feminine" sides... So, I really don't get why people, even at this stage, desire to BRAND him one or the other and further, why people lazily use the term Gay or Bi. He's made it CLEAR that it's impossible to do so.

    I have always thought of Morrissey as straight, but INTERESTED in homosexual...shall we say..."things"... This doesn't means he's gay, far from it. In fact, does it make me gay that I like Erasure songs? No, it doesn't. They are good songs. This interest, if it even exists, we know for a long time and based on his statements, Morrissey never acted upon (nor desired to, really) and seemed to suffer as a result of not acting on these, shall we say, "impulses." Someone mentioned "Jake" and....? So what? People consider Jake to be significant in some way... He took pictures. And? It seems all these little bitchy Morrissey fans, male and female, get it in their heads that Jake was Morrissey's lover. What evidence do you have of this? Because he took some pictures? Pathetic.

    Morrissey could in fact be gay and as he has stated that he's no longer celibate, he could in fact screwed or been screwed by a dude. But, I really don't see it. If he is gay, I would be let down but only because how great and shocking it would be if he turned out to be straight? Everyone would be completely BAFFLED! Questions would abound, how can a straight man write these songs? I'll tell you how...BECAUSE HE'S HUMAN. This would make a great end to the Morrissey story, in my humble opinion.

    But to answer the question of the thread, "Would I tell, if I knew?" NEVAH!
    Hey Viva, how ya doing?
    I do agree with parts of your post ("The only people that would know Morrissey's sexuality are the one's who've slept with him. So, it's really stupid to speculate", "By the law of statistics, NO ONE is 100% straight and NO ONE (and this is the kicker) is 100% gay") but alot of what you state does come across a bit homophobic but I do not believe this is the case, it is so easy to have ones ideas distorted and misunderstood when putting them down on a forum.
    I think our sexuality is a very complex thing and is misunderstood, even when you are considering your own postion.
    But let's face it, Moz has been careful not to make his sexuality clear in public so his orientation is completely open to speculation.
    For myself, I honestly couldn't give a toss (although if it did involve horses I would be mildly interested interested).
    Much more important is the new album and some gigs in London!

  7. #27

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by íViva Morrissey! View Post

    Hahaha, you're joking, right? NEVER ONCE has Morrissey stated OPENLY or specifically about sleeping with men AND women. Are you insane? He hasn't even said, as far as I can remember, specifically, EVER BEING ATTRACTED TO BOTH Men and WOMEN? Are you insane? The only thing I remember him saying is that he was BORED with both of them.


    No he can't. And he has stated it in several songs and interviews.



    No, Johnny Marr IS NOT lying because HE NEVER SAID THAT. And if he did use the word "relationships", well, that really isn't saying ANYTHING as we all have certain relationships with both sexes throughout the world and in our lives, if even with a bank teller. Johnny would never dare ever say or elude to Morrissey being gay, not in the slightest. And anything that is construed as such, can easily be refuted.


    Really? What evidence do you have of this? Perhaps they were close friends? Boz is close friends with Morrissey, did they have a sexual relationship too? Two friends can't live together without being gay? You're quite naive. You sound as if you're hoping he's gay to suit your lifestyle.


    Oh yeah, he did so with Linder "during that time" (or before that time) too. So now he's straight, right? He also took pictures almost completely naked RECENTLY with his current band, so surely, he's gay and having sex with his entire band, including Boz, right? AGAIN, you're naive.


    Really? What proof? AND so what!? This means nothing. Guys in college swap clothes all the time with their roommates and are not even close to gay. Again, naive.

    Yes, I DO think it is HIGHLY platonic as you are easily duped. Look at the photo below, regardless of ANGIE MARR, Johnny SURELY was having gay sex with Morrissey while in The Smiths. I mean, look at it, if you think they're relationship was platonic, well....

    I typed out a response to this, but others have answered it for me already. You've been given links to interviews where Morrissey specifically admits being attracted to men and women, and having sex with them. You've also been linked to the interview where Johnny Marr says, "Morrissey has had a lot of girlfriends in the past, and quite a few men friends as well". Now unless you are completely in denial, you can see from the context of the last statement that Johnny is referring to boyfriends. I can see from your later responses that you'll twist anything to suit your desperate need to think of Morrissey as straight, but it just is not true. As for the comment regarding my lifestyle -I am a straight woman. I have no reason whatsoever to "make" Morrissey gay to fit an agenda.

    Finally, what do you think this song is about?


    Staring in the window of a shop that never opens
    Planning my selection from all the treats inside
    Should I take as I desire?
    Oh shall I, oh shall I
    Or should I hang around to be enticed inside?

    I'm trying to explain to myself
    I can have both
    I'm trying to explain to the voice inside
    I can have both, I can have both
    There's nobody around to say no
    Who brainwashed the small shy boy inside
    He doesn't know, he can have both

  8. #28

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by íViva Morrissey! View Post

    Yes, I DO think it is HIGHLY platonic as you are easily duped. Look at the photo below, regardless of ANGIE MARR, Johnny SURELY was having gay sex with Morrissey while in The Smiths. I mean, look at it, if you think they're relationship was platonic, well....

    That is a photograph of a hug.

    It is not a photograph of Morrissey lying face down on a bed with his legs splayed open and "Your Arse An'all" handwritten on his bare backside, whereas this one:

    http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articl.../02/05/1848215

    ...is. Jake took that photograph, while they were living together, as well as this which was used as the cover art for the "All You Need Is Me" single 15 years later:

    http://motorcycleaupairboy.com/galle...?image_id=2416

    I find it quite saddening that you reject any notion of gay relationships in Morrissey's life. Why does it matter to you so much that he must only have slept with women? For God's sake...the cover of The Smiths' first single is a man's arse, the cover of the first album is still from a film involving male prostitution called Flesh, and his lyrics of the time contained lines like "Who will swallow whom?". That path is continued, more or less, all the way through his career. His homosexual "tendencies" really couldn't be any more obvious.
    Last edited by Amy; January 13, 2012 at 01:19 PM.

  9. #29

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    This a little confusing, Viva is saying that Moz is straight with photo of him and Marr as proof that they were in a relationship whereas Amy is stating that Moz probably is gay but the photo proves nothing?

  10. #30

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peterb View Post
    This a little confusing, Viva is saying that Moz is straight with photo of him and Marr as proof that they were in a relationship whereas Amy is stating that Moz probably is gay but the photo proves nothing?
    Viva was being sarcastic about Morrissey & Marr. I was trying to explain the difference between a platonic embrace (the Johnny photograph) and photos with a clearly sexual undertone, (Arse An'all picture & the Jake crotch-nuzzling).

  11. #31

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Viva was being sarcastic about Morrissey & Marr. I was trying to explain the difference between a platonic embrace (the Johnny photograph) and photos with a clearly sexual undertone, (Arse An'all picture & the Jake crotch-nuzzling).
    Gotcha!

  12. #32

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    I think the more important question is weather he is a top or a bottom
    Sister, I'm a pissant.

  13. #33

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    Heh. Someone found a sneaky way to start up a new "Is Moz gay?" thread. Impressive!

  14. #34

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by Worm View Post
    Heh. Someone found a sneaky way to start up a new "Is Moz gay?" thread. Impressive!
    Is that sarcasm?

  15. #35

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    I might tell my twin sis [who am I kidding of course I would because I don't keep anything from her] but I'd be hard pressed to divulge the information to anyone.
    And then only if it came up in conversation for a reason. I'm not perfect. I have kept secrets for a long time but due to my facial expressions those who know me best [my sisters] can always guess if asking me a direct question. I'm a horrible liar.
    i would not want to tell anyone deliberately other than my twin.
    Morrissey doesn't have to satisfy anyone's curiousity if he doesn't wish to. I think it's much the same thing as not going on the record for N.M.E about being a racist.
    He shouldn't have to.
    Last edited by peptastic; January 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM.

  16. #36

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    Morrissey doesn't have to declare anything if he doesn't want to, and no one here is asking him to.
    That's not the point.
    We express opinions as fans. That's the reason for a fan site and is why we're here talking now.

  17. #37

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    YAWN. This has all been most illuminating. But to answer the original question, no, I wouldn't tell anyone. It's no one's business but Morrissey's and the lucky soul with whom he was hypothetically involved.
    In my life
    Why do I smile
    At people who I'd much rather
    Kick in the eye


  18. #38

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by MORRIZSEY View Post
    Morrissey doesn't have to declare anything if he doesn't want to, and no one here is asking him to.
    That's not the point.
    We express opinions as fans. That's the reason for a fan site and is why we're here talking now.
    I only meant as the reason why I would not tell anyone. He clearly doesn't want to.
    I did not misunderstand the thread.

  19. #39

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    I spelled it "weather" when I meant to stay "whether".

    I have to stop using antihistamines to get unsober (notice I didn't say "high"... I just think being retarded and delirious and seeing spiders everywhere is more fun that being depressed and sober and having a functioning brain).

    Somebody stop me from thinking, from thinking all the time... Oh, hi, Annie! That pink dress looks lovely on you, dear...

    PS:Hello again, S. Larker.
    Last edited by the raytownian; January 14, 2012 at 07:59 AM.
    Sister, I'm a pissant.

  20. #40

    Default Re: If you knew Morrissey sexual orientation, Would you tell anybody?

    Quote Originally Posted by the raytownian View Post
    I spelled it "weather" when I meant to stay "whether".

    I have to stop using antihistamines to get unsober (notice I didn't say "high"... I just think being retarded and delirious and seeing spiders everywhere is more fun that being depressed and sober and having a functioning brain).

    Somebody stop me from thinking, from thinking all the time... Oh, hi, Annie! That pink dress looks lovely on you, dear...

    PS:Hello again, S. Larker.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. If you could give Morrissey a tangible/material gift for his birthday what would it be?
    By Belligerent Ghoul in forum General Discussion archive 2004 (read-only)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: March 8, 2004, 01:25 PM
  2. How many of you straight guys would fuck Morrissey if you had the chance?
    By smell my slipper in forum General Discussion archive 2003 (read-only)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 23, 2003, 11:46 PM
  3. Have you ever wondered if you would have befriended Morrissey before he was famous?
    By Dumbles in forum General Discussion archive 2003 (read-only)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 31, 2003, 09:14 PM
  4. if morrissey WAS a @#!!! would you let him bum you?
    By ***** in forum General Discussion archive 2001 (read-only)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 7, 2001, 10:08 AM
  5. If you were on a stranded island,what morrissey cd would you want to bring with you?
    By Mr.Proper in forum General Discussion archive 2001 (read-only)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 7, 2001, 05:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •