Morrissey - Of Which I Am Most Proud - singles

There's something sad about that list. Top 2 are his most recognised solo songs from his most sucessful comeback, the rest are the most recent work with a couple of Smiths songs lobbed in. Either it's a brilliant double bluff ('You can forget about the Smiths or Johnny reunion, I don't like most of that stuff anymore'), or it's saying "Look, my solo work is ace, even the most recent stuff', so, Mr Record Company exec - have another think.

I would guess that most fans would cavil at the idea that "That's How People Grow Up' is more worthy of pride than "This Charming Man'. But we're not Moz, so we wouldn't know.

P.

Last edited:
There's something sad about that list. Top 2 are his most recognised solo songs from his most sucessful comeback, the rest are the most recent work with a couple of Smiths songs lobbed in. Either it's a brilliant double bluff ('You can forget about the Smiths or Johnny reunion, I don't like most of that stuff anymore'), or it's saying "Look, my solo work is ace, even the most recent stuff', so, Mr Record Company exec - have another think.

I would guess that most fans would cavil at the idea that "That's How People Grow Up' is more worthy of pride than "This Charming Man'.

P.

He believes his best work is his most recent work. Either he really believes that, or he knows he should say that he believes it, publicly. In any case I think it reveals a healthy state of mind. He's not looking back. Good.

Last edited by a moderator:
This list is atrocious. I think he does it on purpose just to be difficult. Like rearranging the furniture when you leave the room.

Where is "I have forgiven Jesus" - now that's a great song, surely better than "that how people grow up" or "all you need is me"?

Nice list. Panic was the first time I heard his voice so particularly special to me. Glad that was included.

"That's How People Grow Up" better than "Boy With the Thorn"?
"All You Need Is Me" better than "Tomorrow" or "Boxers"?

He's just taking the piss now. Next he'll be compiling lists of his favourite cover art, favourite actors, favourite jeans, favourite cheese....we know you're bored Moz, but come on - please don't leave us with nothing but lists for the next five years.

Last edited:
He's just taking the piss now. Next he'll be compiling lists of his favourite cover art, favourite actors, favourite jeans, favourite cheese....we know you're bored Moz, but come on - please don't leave us with nothing but lists for the next five years.

I wouldn't mind that. :blushing:

He's probably not that bored. I imagine he's meeting with attorneys and having to recall conversations that took place four years ago or whatever, paperwork and all that. I think list making is just like his defrag from dealing with all that technical lawyer bullshit. I wouldn't read too much into it. He's a lister. I think it's interesting.

I can't wait for his list of favourite co-writers...

He'd probably put Jesse at the top :rolleyes:. Judging by the singles list though, he still rates Alain very highly - and so he should :guitar:

Any sane human being would have included their chart debut singles (in my opinion) as surely the sense of pride at that achievement can never be matched*? Especially by that dog turd at number 4.

All this proves is Morrissey is definitely not sane.

*Unless there was a number one hit record (a-hem)

Back
Top Bottom