Morrissey named PETA UK person of the year

Morrissey Named PETA’s Person of the Year 2011 - PETA UK blog
posted by Matt

For helping to make the world a kinder place for animals, we’re proud to announce that compassionate crooner Morrissey is PETA’s 2011 Person of the Year.

A long-time champion of animal rights and vegetarianism, this year the Lancashire born singer – described by NME as “one of the most influential artists ever” – has once again been using the limelight to shine a light on the terrible suffering that animals endure on factory farms and inside abattoirs.

During his European tour, Morrissey had information tables with animal rights literature manned by friendly PETA volunteers who chatted with concertgoers and distributed thousands of vegetarian/vegan starter kits. He and his band wore shirts with animal rights messages on stage and played PETA US’ “Meet Your Meat” video during the shows to educate the audiences about the reality of life for animals on factory farms. He even convinced a huge Belgian music festival to go meat-free on the day of his performance!

Never one to hold back, Morrissey has fearlessly mouthed off about the meat trade and helped promote kindness to animals worldwide in bold ways, including being immortalised in PETA US’ “Vegetarian Icon” postage stamp series – with more than 20,000 stamps selling out in less than two weeks!

For all his efforts for animals, we’re chuffed to bits to be naming Morrissey PETA’s 2011 Person of the Year.

Also:
Morrissey named PETA UK Person of the Year - Music News

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! :thumb:

Drove through a car park today and saw a bumper sticker saying PETA.
My smile soon dropped when I saw underneath the letters ''People Eating Tasty Animals.''

Twat.

I don't speak english very well, but, just to say that PETA is not the best for animals, they (specially Ingrid Newkirk) feel like they are god, choosing what animal need to be killed or not (and its not about to 'kill' the pain from the animals, believe me). I think they are hipocrites, that's the negative part, but (the "positive" part) is that they (at least) show the real situation with animals and fur... etc... So PETA it's kind of 50/50 to me... Also they are so rich, they are making a lot of money because the animal rights situation... but, it's ok for Morrissey, he's one of the best perfect/imperfect human beings, he shows the Meet Your Meat video in concerts, without shame to be criticised, and a lot of more things, so... I think he deserves the credit, and not only from PETA... well, is not about humans or PETA, or this or that... we don't wanted to waste time in human issues, but we need to focus more in animals, because they don't have voice. Thanks.

Where in Lancashire????
Has he been telling porkie Lancashire pies ?????

In the Netherlands is Patrick Kluivert [once a good soccer player ] wife, she's not afro american but just a real Dutch ladyand chosen for a campain of posters along the street , busstops, etc.].

Never ever saw her, or maybe it's his daughter or ex, wahtever she looks nice, but a better and better known personshould have done it, a campain against animal abuse, and eating in the Netherlands.:(

Anyway well dome at the end, Morrissey[of this year!/?]:confused:

Where in Lancashire????
Has he been telling porkie Lancashire pies ?????

He once sang the line "I have lived in the arse of the world"

So he must have been born and braized in Bacup Lancashire!!!!! Don't go there honest its a right hole!! If your unfortunate enough to be born there you better say your prayers

In the Netherlands is Patrick Kluivert [once a good soccer player ] wife, she's not afro american but just a real Dutch ladyand chosen for a campain of posters along the street , busstops, etc.].

Never ever saw her, or maybe it's his daughter or ex, wahtever she looks nice, but a better and better known personshould have done it, a campain against animal abuse, and eating in the Netherlands.:(

Anyway well dome at the end, Morrissey[of this year!/?]:confused:

Dude, that is Nicolette Kluijver, who is totally unrelated to Patrick Kluivert.

...In a letter to Peta founder Ingrid Newkirk, Morrissey writes, "I am honoured beyond words to be named as Peta's Person of the Year! Higher praise is hard to come by! I make no sensational claims for myself... I simply say 'No' to any form of animal suffering, and to the execution of innocent beings. Peta remains indefatigable and visionary, and together we have the executioners on the run."
- http://www.contactmusic.com/news/morrissey-honoured-beyond-words-by-peta-award_1280526

im not a veggie,but i do respect morrisseys views on animal cruelty.2 animals were jailed today for the murder of stephen lawrence,these are the only animals who should be put down.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom