Siouxsie and The Banshees

I adored this song (and the video) in the early 1990's:

Still do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still do.

This is a great pop song.

Here's another one, from their golden period with a fabulous intro. Their guitarist was a great musician.

Still do.

Really? I remember how betrayed I felt when I saw it - Siouxsie going mainstream, eww. Now I see it as an experiment. And I don't hate it anymore.

Thanks Irregular Regular for directing me to this thread. I've only recently gotten into Siouxsie and the Banshees after hearing her sing with Morrissey on Interlude. The first songs I heard were Happy House, Spellbound, Israel and The Passenger; each one of them is absolutely brilliant! There really is no other female singer out there like her!

This has to be my favourate at the moment, however. Really believe that Join Hands is one of their most wrongly underrated albums. I've seen a lot of negative reviews on it, although I see it as one of their best.

I' ve just bought their fifth album, A Kiss in the DreamHouse and it is definatley one of their greatest albums; I think Melt!, Obsession, Green Fingers, Painted Bird and Slowdive are their strongest songs. Also got a version of Fireworks with the string section, a true banshee masterpiece!

As we all know, Morrissey and Siouxsie famously fell out after recording "Interlude".
This track is said to be about Siouxsie Sioux...
A rather interesting theory, never occurred to me.
True? Who knows?

Count me in! I was a massive Banshees fan back in the day, saw them several times and even met Siouxsie in 1979 - she was very small. Juju was and is a great album.

I' ve just bought their fifth album, A Kiss in the DreamHouse and it is definatley one of their greatest albums; I think Melt!, Obsession, Green Fingers, Painted Bird and Slowdive are their strongest songs. Also got a version of Fireworks with the string section, a true banshee masterpiece!

Kiss in the dreamhouse is a very under rated album.
Obsession became one of my obsessions! There was an instrumental version on one of the 12 inches which I couldn't stop playing.

Saw them 10 times, the Creatures 3 times and Siouxsie solo 3 times!
Great thread

Up the Blues

JJ

Still do.

Really? I remember how betrayed I felt when I saw it - Siouxsie going mainstream, eww. Now I see it as an experiment. And I don't hate it anymore.
yeah, I remember knowing people that would laugh when I said it was one of my fave songs of hers, just assuming I was some hipster fan or something :rolleyes: (this was in the early 90s)
but you know what?
by the late 2000s, I heard this song played plenty in more one than one supposed Goth club :cool:

aww, time, aint it great!? :p

Melt! is such a wonderful song, so filthy, yet so classy. (Btw, is it about strangling sex??? "So many blazing orchids burning in your throat... making you choke, making you sigh, sighing tiny deaths")

Just found a great youtube video that runs through clips of all of the Siouxise and the Banshees' singles. It is quite interesting to watch and see how their unique sound has developed and changed over time.

Also, I've just recently aqquired their last album, The Rapture. I've seen a lot of negative reviews about it, but I can't imagine why as I found it really engaging and strong. Just wondering what everyone else thought about their final effort.

I've just recently aqquired their last album, The Rapture. I found it really engaging and strong. Just wondering what everyone else thought about their final effort.

I like it too very much. It is very organic (no sequencers, only the real instruments). Forever is a great atmospheric track with harp.

"It it doesn't break you, it will shape you. It it doesn't break you, it will make you." This sounds like Frederic Nietzsche but an excellent number anyway.

It's been a long while since anyone posted on this thread. I was going to start a new one, but I thought it would be better just to ask the question on this one. Aside from work by Siouxsie and The Banshees, what are your opinions on Siouxsie and Budgie's band, The Creatures? I've heard a lot of mixed opinions about their work together, from bland, to their best work! so I don't really know what to think. Anybody here follow The Creatures? I've heard a single, Standing There and have the first track they did, But Not Them, and they don't sound too bad. Still, I'd like to here your opinions on Siouxsie's post Banshee work; feel free to talk about her solo album too.

Back
Top Bottom