Siouxsie and The Banshees

I went on Monday and it was absolutely fantastic. The sheer love and admiration was a wonder to behold. A truly joyous occasion. I felt lucky to be alive and would like to thank the poster on here who notified us of the extra night.

Just found this fan made video of Red Over White; really quite excellent I thought!

Red Over White is without a doubt one of my favorite Siouxsie and the Banshees songs and certainly an under appreciated one. I have the 7-inche for Israel and it is the B-side and to the best of my knowledge isn't featured anywhere else (or at the very least I can't find it on Spotify...). Great track. Thanks for the share.

Last edited by a moderator:
An amazing version of Red Over White was on The Thorn EP, which can now be found on the Downside Up box set....

Thanks! Is is the same version as the B-Side to Israel?

No it's a different version than the Israel b-side version. The b-side one was recorded first and then later on the Banshees decided to re-record four of their tracks using orchestrated strings on them giving the songs a much different sound. This became The Thorn E.P.

If you don't have all the b-sides it's really worth getting a copy of the b-side collection, Downside Up. It was released a few years ago now so it might be a bit pricey but you might be lucky and get a deal. Good luck hunting for one.

"Swimming Horses" by Siouxsie & the Banshees

Last edited by a moderator:
Peel festive 50 1978 metal postcard IR we cant let this thread die.

banshees.jpg1991_lollapalooza_schedule.jpg

I was first introduced to Siouxsie and the Banshees back at the very first Lollapalooza festival in St. Paul Minnesota in 1991. I had never really listened much to their music and I was blown away! They stole the show (Jane’s Addiction, Living Colour, Nine Inch Nails, Fishbone, Violent Femmes, Ice-T’s Body Count, Butthole Surfers, and Rollins Band). There was something about Siouxsie :love:

I would love to see her play live again...

Is Souixsie doing any tours soon??

I'd love to see her

She did a couple of shows last year including Meltdown, I think there was a general thought of more to follow, but no news yet. I'll post here if I hear of any dates.

She did a couple of shows last year including Meltdown, I think there was a general thought of more to follow, but no news yet. I'll post here if I hear of any dates.

Ace thanks for that, I've been looking on the net myself but no info or dates.

Cheers again, I'll keep my eye out

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom