Johnny Marr - 6Music - Vinyl Revival

I'm listening to this now on iplayer - has anyone managed to make a copy of it for posterity?

Dave

Bernard Butler on Vinyl Revival

Tonight's show is featuring Bernard Butler, obviously a lot of mentions about Smiths and Johnny.
Personally I'm really pleased that Bernard praised William, It Was Really Nothing and played Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want.

You can listen from iPlayer if you didn't tune in 20:00.

OMG, he likes Barry Manilow's Copacabana :rofl:

Last edited:
I'm surprised that no one has recorded and uploaded this show.

I copied before it was taken off iplayer. Be gentle with me, this is the first time I have ever used Audacity to record anything, so this isn't as good as it could have been, only 128kps, but it's better than nothing.

At the moment it is one huge (55MB), hour long, MP3. It cuts out half way through the final song as this is how it was on iplayer. It also includes the news at 30 mins... If I get the urge I may explore the possibility of editing out the news and of breaking it into a number of tracks talking about each song... if I get the urge...

But, for now, enjoy http://www.sendspace.com/file/1tbk5m

Dave

Johnny Marr Pete Paphides.jpg

Details - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b018gr8j
Journalist and record collector Pete Paphides continues his tour of the record collections of musicians. This week, he rifles through Johnny Marr's vinyl, spotting tracks from Iggy Pop, David Bowie and The Animals.

Johnny reveals how he first bonded with Morrissey over a box of 7 inches, the start of a great songwriting partnership that would create classic hits over The Smiths' five year lifespan. Throughout his music career, Marr has challenged his skills as a player and a composer and drawn on a diverse gallery of influences. He reveals some of acts he has "borrowed" riffs from.
Music played

The Animals The Animals — Its My Life
T. Rex T. Rex — Metal Guru
N.F. Porter — Keep On Keeping On
The Smiths The Smiths — Sweet and Tender Hooligan
The Marvelettes The Marvelettes — You’re the One
Magazine Magazine — Shot By Both Sides
Arturo — E Type Hard On
Mina — Se Telefonanando
Modest Mouse Modest Mouse — Dashboard
Iggy & The Stooges — Penetration​

Thanks!

If you can manage a WAV or other lossless non-apple* format file (I can understand if not... they're huge. Even a 320 kbps MP3 is okay), I'd gladly edit it down to all the important bits for you as I am pretty well-versed in recording and making simple edits with a wave editor (not pretending it's hard or anything, mind you).

*Though most wave editors can handle a variety of formats, it seems like there's typically more chances for problems when trying to work with Apple formats on my Windows computer...

*shrug* Actually, I haven't even attempted listening. Was holding out for an upload when I saw "iPlayer" and assumed I had to install some bullshit onto my already crippled and dying machine.

Back
Top Bottom