Best song, best line, best lyric right now

No one I ever knew or have spoken to
Resembles you

This story is old, I know. But it goes on.

Needs jazzin' up,this thread.Why don't you add a reason for putting up these lyrics?Pretty meaningless otherwise.

Apart from that,I'm a nosey twat.

That's not a lyric btw.

Last edited:
Needs jazzin' up,this thread.Why don't you add a reason for putting up these lyrics?Pretty meaningless otherwise.

That's not a lyric btw.

I can barely enunciate my feelings and emotions as it is without sounding like a hysterical retarded person. Morrissey has the gift to be able to do it for me in perfect little packages.

The "No one I ever knew or have spoken to resembles you." is saying that, to me, Morrissey is not an alien and everyone else is and it's f***ing lonely. :straightface: See? Morrissey says it better.

That's not a lyric btw.

I think the point of the thread is to celebrate those lyrics we think are awesome/relevant for whatever reason without explanation, and to let the lyrics speak for themselves.

But, since you asked, sometimes I just like how something sounds to the ear. Like "keep thieves' hours"; I have always really thought that was a cool line.:guitar:
And as far as "go to waste in the wrong arms", I've had "Trouble Loves Me" stuck in my head for the past few days, and keep humming that line in particular- which is definitely bittersweet. That's all. :straightface:

Last edited:
I think the point of the thread is to celebrate those lyrics we think are awesome/relevant for whatever reason without explanation, and to let the lyrics speak for themselves.

But, since you asked, sometimes I just like how something sounds to the ear. Like "keep thieves' hours"; I have always really thought that was a cool line.:guitar:
And as far as "go to waste in the wrong arms", I've had "Trouble Loves Me" stuck in my head for the past few days, and keep humming that line in particular- which is definitely bittersweet. That's all. :straightface:

Like :thumb:

And as far as "go to waste in the wrong arms", I've had "Trouble Loves Me" stuck in my head for the past few days, and keep humming that line in particular- which is definitely bittersweet. That's all. :straightface:[/QUOTE

I think its my favourite line from that song too.Very apt for little old me.I tend to sing "Panic on the streets of Carlisle" a lot when I cant find my keys and stuff,and I'm not even from Carlisle.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

I think its my favourite line from that song too.Very apt for little old me.I tend to sing "Panic on the streets of Carlisle" a lot when I cant find my keys and stuff,and I'm not even from Carlisle.:rolleyes:

Why don't you sing Panic on the streets of Firkham? :p

...What makes most people feel happy
Leads us headlong into harm
So, in my bedroom in those ugly new houses
I dance my legs down to the knees
But me and my true love
We will never meet again..

I could explain the reason, billy, but it belongs to a sort of too intimate level, you know..

"You had to sneak into my room
just to read my diary."

Always makes me cringe a bit.I didn't sneak in.He was out.

Last edited:
When you sleep
I will creep
Into your thoughts
Like a bad debt
That you can't pay
Take the easy way
And give in
Yeah, and let me in
Oh, let me in
Oh let me ... ahh
it's war